PDA

View Full Version : lampshade collar?

ciderally
24-Sep-08, 22:09
do pets at home sell these..anyone know?... poor tomas has cut his leg and wont leave it alone..every bandage that goes on ..he has off ..drastic action called for now:roll:

balto
24-Sep-08, 22:12
do pets at home sell these..anyone know?... poor tomas has cut his leg and wont leave it alone..every bandage that goes on ..he has off ..drastic action called for now:roll:
would the vets not sell you one, if you have no joy out of pets at home.

ciderally
24-Sep-08, 22:17
yea...will need to get one tomorrow..as he is making it worse by keep licking it..xx

balto
24-Sep-08, 22:19
yea...will need to get one tomorrow..as he is making it worse by keep licking it..xx
could have done with one ourselves as max our dog got fleas and had made a mess of his backend by biting at his skin, but hopefully fingers crossed i have dealt with them once and for all.

ciderally
24-Sep-08, 22:30
someone advised me to put on some of that spray new skin?? on the wound ...not too shure of that ...stick with the getting the collar i think...and keep it for future use.. handy thing to have..xx

balto
24-Sep-08, 22:36
it is amzing what you can use on animals that humans use, i know a lady who used to give her dog pain killers as they apparently worked the same way , but saved a fortune on vets fees

Solus
24-Sep-08, 22:40
Pets at home have them in varying sizes.

Short term measure i used if any of mydogs cut their paws was bandage as usual then cover with sock and tape that on with micro pore. Might be off by the morning but it will last longer than just a bandage.

ciderally
24-Sep-08, 22:44
Pets at home have them in varying sizes.

Short term measure i used if any of mydogs cut their paws was bandage as usual then cover with sock and tape that on with micro pore. Might be off by the morning but it will last longer than just a bandage.
tomas is a greyhound and the wound is up the top of his front leg....would need to be a pair of tights haha..xx

Phoenix200416
01-Oct-08, 18:27
I remember seeing lampshade collars in Pets at Home last time I was in there. If you can't find them, ask a member of staff I'm sure they could point you in the right direction :D I can't remember exactly whereabouts I saw them.

farmer
04-Oct-08, 11:19
Call in at the vets and they'll sell you one no problem.
Our very large, very energetic and active collie went through about 6 of them after his castration op! He just couldn't get used to having it on, and kept charging around the house whenever he heard a noise outside, walloping it off whatever was in his path, and smashing them to pieces!
(Yes, i know he was meant to be kept calm and still and not be excited at all, but have you ever tried keeping a large, fit 3 year old dog, who normally spends his days on the farm chasing tractors calm and quiet?!?!? Particularly when he could hear all the goings on outside from the house! - An ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!). The vets were great though, and just gave us a new one each time we called! The joys of having such a boisterious dog......