PDA

View Full Version : General Forum

Colin Manson
24-Sep-08, 19:30
Hi,

This will have to be brief because I'm busy atm.

The moderators didn't close this section, they don't have the ability to do that. I closed it after things began to break down.

Contrary to a few users opinions I don't hold and malice towards them or any users of the forum. I certainly wont ban them for expressing their opinion.

A few things that some users need to realise-

We don't have a large amount of moderators and they certainly don't read every post.

They don't go looking for things to pick on, virtually every action is taken because the post has been reported by another User, frequently more than one user.

So if your post has managed to upset someone then the moderators look into it. They don't always agree with each other, with some topics the line is very fine between what is and isn't acceptable.

The familiar cry of 'But x's post on the y thread wasn't removed.' doesn't help matters. As I've said they probably haven't seen the thread or it hasn't been reported. In a few instances it might have been looked at but maybe it just didn't quite cross the line.

A few users may feel that they are being unjustly treated because we don't permit their preferred style of posting or the topics that they enjoy. They suggest that this is a community forum so it should cover all types of people. It's a very idealistic approach but one that ultimately isn't practical.

I've asked the moderators to be firmer and not accept any nonsense, the soft approach has create a forum where a number of users don't care to post because of the constant sniping and aggressive posting.

As a few users have already said the T&Cs clearly state that this forum will be run as the site owner & administrators wish. It is not and never will be a free for all.

If you don't agree with this then feel free to leave, I'm sure that the majority of users will be happy to see the peace return to the forum. If you have any concerns or feel that the moderators are 'out to get you' then send me a PM and I'll take the time to check it out.

Cheers
Colin