PDA

View Full Version : Top Marks to Pulteneytown Academy

Julia
24-Sep-08, 13:57
I'm very impressed that even though every other school in Wick was closed today that the Academy remained open, my daughter had to come home over lunch time due to the strike but the school took the time to provide her with a complete pack lunch.

balto
24-Sep-08, 14:17
I'm very impressed that even though every other school in Wick was closed today that the Academy remained open, my daughter had to come home over lunch time due to the strike but the school took the time to provide her with a complete pack lunch.
pity more schools wouldnt follow this example, that way at least the kids education isnt being disrupted.

alanatkie
24-Sep-08, 14:28
Castletown School is also in today - they just had to take there own pack lunches( i think free school meals - got pack lunch provided)

Mr P Cannop
24-Sep-08, 14:38
what about thurso high school ??

balto
24-Sep-08, 14:39
it was closed for 1st,2nd and 3rd year pupils but open for everyone else.

Kevin Milkins
24-Sep-08, 14:48
Why did I pick today to put my trailor on and take some rubbish up the tip.:mad:

bamboo
24-Sep-08, 15:29
It's ok you applauding a school opening...but have you thought of the health and safety issues? The other schools closed for many reasons. Those children who need extra support will not be receiving it today, if anyone throws up or has an accident, or toilets get blocked...the list is endless....who is going to sort it out. The teacher? should they then leave the class unattended to sort it out?

Moby
24-Sep-08, 17:59
It's ok you applauding a school opening...but have you thought of the health and safety issues? The other schools closed for many reasons. Those children who need extra support will not be receiving it today, if anyone throws up or has an accident, or toilets get blocked...the list is endless....who is going to sort it out. The teacher? should they then leave the class unattended to sort it out?

I completely agree 100%. It would be interesting to find out how many union members there are at this particular school. Also did any other member of staff do any tasks/jobs normally undertaken by a stiking member.

I am not a member of any union but I would NEVER cross a picket line or cover the post of a striking staff member! As a community we should be supporting those who feel it necessary to resort to industrial stike action.

highlander2222
24-Sep-08, 19:23

110% agree the teachers need there class room ASSISTANCE

balto
26-Sep-08, 20:42
has anyone heard if the next one is definatly going to be on monday the 6th of october, was told this today not sure how correct it is.

rfr10
26-Sep-08, 20:48
has anyone heard if the next one is definatly going to be on monday the 6th of october, was told this today not sure how correct it is.

Better not be, it's not doing any good for school pupils who need an education without it being disrupted my strikes the whole time.

balto
26-Sep-08, 20:52
Better not be, it's not doing any good for school pupils who need an education without it being disrupted my strikes the whole time.
aye it is a pain isnt it, but hey who are we to stop them, as you say the kids education will suffer in the end, they will most likely get the monday of if it goes ahead, then they are on holiday on the friday.

TBH
26-Sep-08, 20:58
Better not be, it's not doing any good for school pupils who need an education without it being disrupted my strikes the whole time.When you finally venture into the big bad world and get yourself a job, you better hope that it is one that pays well enough for you to support yourself and your own family when you decide to have one.
A little disruption for you is nothing compared to a worker being able to support his/her family in such a fashion that it makes it worthwhile them having the job in the first place.

telfordstar
27-Sep-08, 16:00
When you finally venture into the big bad world and get yourself a job, you better hope that it is one that pays well enough for you to support yourself and your own family when you decide to have one.
A little disruption for you is nothing compared to a worker being able to support his/her family in such a fashion that it makes it worthwhile them having the job in the first place.

Well said TBH couldnt of said it better well done you.

parkie
29-Sep-08, 15:39
thank-you tbh,i.m a striker if i was to leave my job and claim unemployment benefits i would be £30 a week better off,free rent, no poll tax,free meals for my kids,eye tests,dental etc but i choose to work

Venture
29-Sep-08, 15:59
thank-you tbh,i.m a striker if i was to leave my job and claim unemployment benefits i would be £30 a week better off,free rent, no poll tax,free meals for my kids,eye tests,dental etc but i choose to work

Well done to you parkie. Its a pity there were not more like you.

Tristan
29-Sep-08, 19:46

Good on you for working and I hope the strike gets you what you want/need.

The fact that you would be better off not working is poor reflection of our time.