PDA

View Full Version : Pultney family centre

krieve
09-Jan-06, 14:29
I have just taken my little boy down to the new pultney family centre as he is in the play group. Their is still workmen finishing of jobs but it is very nice i was very impressed with it.
It is nice to see money being put to a good use , I usually have bother getting him to go but he loved it and went straight in. Has anyone else been down to it yet?

connieb19
09-Jan-06, 14:38
I have just taken my little boy down to the new pultney family centre as he is in the play group. Their is still workmen finishing of jobs but it is very nice i was very impressed with it.
It is nice to see money being put to a good use , I usually have bother getting him to go but he loved it and went straight in. Has anyone else been down to it yet?Where is that Krieve? I've never heard of it!!:)

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jan-06, 14:40
I have seen where it is do they have an outdoor play area as well ?

krieve
09-Jan-06, 14:43
Where is that Krieve? I've never heard of it!!:)
Ok i'm not to good at directions but here goes you know where the heritage centre is and where the house where done up not that long ago it is in there just across the road from the heritage centre. Sorry told you my directions were rubbish it is across the road from the old lorne resturant.

krieve
09-Jan-06, 14:48
I have seen where it is do they have an outdoor play area as well ?
Yes i think it will have they were working outside and it is fenced of round the back of it they were working on the bit that looks like it will be the play area.

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jan-06, 14:51
Glad to see the children there at last its long overdue. My kids go to a lovely village nursery quite new and its so nice to see them in a new bright environment good to seee the children getting a good start to along time in the education system.

krieve
09-Jan-06, 14:57
It is nice to see and very overdue but they have made a very good job of it and i am sure they will be more than happy with the end result.

angela5
09-Jan-06, 20:06
This is the first i've heard of a family centre what else are they planning on doing in there.

krieve
09-Jan-06, 20:15
This is the first i've heard of a family centre what else are they planning on doing in there.
I am not sure exactly but i think that it will be getting used for other things.

Ojibwa
09-Jan-06, 20:36
Hi does any one know what else is going to be happening in the family centre apart from the playgroup. Will there be a creche, classes for kids etc. Haven't heard anything about it?

angela5
09-Jan-06, 20:40
Hi does any one know what else is going to be happening in the family centre apart from the playgroup. Will there be a creche, classes for kids etc. Haven't heard anything about it?

I'm wondering the same thing, i never heard anything until i seen the thread.
Kids classes would be great, extra help with homework etc.

krieve
09-Jan-06, 20:43
I'm wondering the same thing, i never heard anything until i seen the thread.
Kids classes would be great, extra help with homework etc.
It was on the front page of caithess .org not that long ago with all the pictures about developments going on in wick.

angela5
09-Jan-06, 20:46
It was on the front page of caithess .org not that long ago with all the pictures about developments going on in wick.

I missed that then..

krieve
09-Jan-06, 20:58
I missed that then..
Here is the link hope it works
http://www.caithness.org/atoz/wick/changingwick11december2005/index.htm

MACKEM
09-Jan-06, 21:35
For further info and future activities contact the Project Manager at the Centre phone number 606065.

Some Activities that are planned for Children in addition to Play Group, are After School Care and Full Day Care during School Holidays.

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jan-06, 22:57
Its all geared towards this wrap around care which is the new buzz word.Its to help people at work so that childcare arrangements are easier and last the full working day.