PDA

View Full Version : Holiday in Turkey

Chillie
09-Jan-06, 12:16
Well who has planned their Holiday to Turkey this year? i was listening to the News and there is 5 more cases of Bird Flu.

I will be giving this destination a miss for sure.

unicorn
09-Jan-06, 13:30
I just paid for my oct holiday on friday. I am still planning to go in May and I am keeping up to date with it through a Turkish friend. We have every chance of getting it here also once the birds return so I will monitor it and see how it goes but at the moment I have no plans to cancel. I was in Turkey when bird flu first hit in october and there was more worry here than there was in Turkey. I just took the normal precautions stay away from birds and dont eat them.

wicker
09-Jan-06, 15:49
Me and my mate are currently looking for cheap holidays to marmaris and doesnt bother us about bird flu too many people worry about too many things nowadays

unicorn
09-Jan-06, 15:52
wicker check out this link for lots of great tips on where to stay and what to do http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=28

wicker
09-Jan-06, 16:12
Ah right thank you

LENSMAN
09-Jan-06, 19:27
Another holiday review site: http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/

rainbow
09-Jan-06, 20:33
Turkey is 5 times the size of the UK, so your chances of catching bird flu are very slim I would think!! Lets face it, if it is your time for the grim reaper to call on you then there is nothing you can do. If you do not go due to bird flu then you may as well stay at home, where you might be run over by a bus!!!!
Turkey is great - I have been 5 times - the people are friendly, weather is great and there is plenty to do.

Big G
09-Jan-06, 21:53
well i also heard on the news that bird flu is not being passed by humans, only if u go near or eat birds! so i dont see what is stopping ppl going to Turkey!

JAWS
09-Jan-06, 23:04
There has not been one case where bird-flu has been passed between humans anywhere in the World.

The complete total of deaths since the whole scare started is less than 100 and they have all been mostly in areas where Medical Care is, to say the least, not top rate.
At the moment you are probably more at risk from being stung to death by bees than catch bird flu.

The threat of human to human transfer is too full of "might"s, "could"s, "may"s and "possibly"s for me to worry about it.
The only people who have caught bird flu have been up to their necks in infected fowl.

There must be a terrific worry about the whole world catching bird-flu because nobody has said a word about what symptoms the birds infected display.
I'm sure if there was a serious threat of anybody catching it from a passing hen you would be told what to look for.

Can anybody tell me what to look out for, just in case I get savaged by a passing hen?

Less than 100 deaths in two years out of over six billion people. Just be careful you don't die by falling out of bed tomorrow!

Chillie
10-Jan-06, 10:00
Turkey is 5 times the size of the UK, so your chances of catching bird flu are very slim.

factuly Turkey is only slightly over 3 times larger than the UK which does increase the scale on catching it, again on the news today they were saying to take every percaution espcially if you have a cold or flu at the time of travelling.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 14:19
There is no great cause for panic, there is certainly cause for concern and vigilance.