PDA

View Full Version : Forres House Hotel

Ash
22-Sep-08, 20:15
myself and my partner won an £80 meal for two for the forrs house hotel
was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the meal, whats good, ive never been before....

thanks in advance :D

wifie
22-Sep-08, 23:00
Do you mean Forss Ash?

Venture
22-Sep-08, 23:33
Just what I was wondering too. If it's Forss House Hotel, Thurso, the food and service are excellent. Would definitely recommend it. It might seem a bit pricey to some folk, but you certainly get what you pay for. Its mostly traditional food with a twist. Yours is free Ash so you'll enjoy it all the more.;)

Ash
23-Sep-08, 08:21
yes it is
sorry

gixer
23-Sep-08, 10:44
Must be one of the best places for fine dining in caithness. Would highly recommend going.The food is the best i have ever tasted in caithness.:lol:

Ash
23-Sep-08, 10:50
was curious to what sort of things are on the menu

wifie
23-Sep-08, 11:07
http://www.forsshousehotel.co.uk/ourfood.htm
doesn't tell you much but sounds lovely - enjoy Ash! :)

balto
23-Sep-08, 11:59
aye agree the food in nice, but hey if you like a decent size portion then you will be dissapointed, went there with work once and it is more about presentation than anything else, but what you do get is lovely.

Murdina Bug
23-Sep-08, 12:00
If you can manage it I also recommend staying overnight as you will get very comfy in there and will not feel like driving home afterwards!

balto
23-Sep-08, 12:18
If you can manage it I also recommend staying overnight as you will get very comfy in there and will not feel like driving home afterwards!
aye the lady that runs it gave us a tour round aswell must say very impressive.

dousslesh
23-Sep-08, 16:20
Ate there with friends last year, can't wait to go back again ! Food superb Perhaps you pay more but it's worth it ! I'm a vegetarian so it was nice for me to have a selection which was far from ordinary ! Enjoy your meal - I'm envious !!!

Anji
23-Sep-08, 16:52
We went for Valentines' weekend last year and really enjoyed it. The food could not be bettered and we managed all three courses. The staff were brilliant - a good example of how to treat customers.
You'll have a great time.