PDA

View Full Version : Marrying people who resembles ones parents

dook
20-Sep-08, 22:56
You know that old saying that you marry a spouse because he/she resembles your parents? I think this is rubbish. My wife doesn't look anything like my mum and my husband looks even less like my dad.

Aaldtimer
21-Sep-08, 02:47
Are you a transvestite by any chance? And do your partners know?:eek:

Lolabelle
21-Sep-08, 10:21
Funny you should say this, Dave always says I am a nutter, just like his mother!

I liked Dave because he used to be a concretor, just like my dad :p

One of my sister's liked her now husband because he drove a landrover, just like our dad! :rolleyes:

Then my youngest sister married her husband and said she fell for him because he had a tooth missing, just like our dad :confused:

balto
21-Sep-08, 12:20
someone shot me now please, couldnt stand the thought of being like my oh's mother. god help me thats all i can say. and my oh is certainly nothing like my dad, my dad is a better man.

kriklah
21-Sep-08, 12:44
well i gotta admit, my oh is pretty much a carbon copy of my dad, they both had aubern hair(now both gone for the salt and pepper look!)they have the same build, and ive even winced when watching oh walking and it was exatly the same walk as dad, might be the navy march..... oooh and yep they were both in the navy!!! everyting about them is very alike, which would prbably explain why they dont like each other!!:confused

on the other side of things, i am also very like (in attitude and thought) as oh's mum, and i have a creepy photo from my wedding of my mum and mum inlaw together....... change ones hair colour and you could almost have twins!!!

joxville
21-Sep-08, 13:01
My ex-wife was same height and hair colour as my mother. Ex-wifes father was short, overweight and died due to alcoholism. I'm tall, average build and a non-drinker.