PDA

View Full Version : Detox

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 14:46
Has anyone heard of or used these detoxing foot patches?
You put them on the soles of your feet overnight and they supposidly remove the toxins from your body!! I was just interested in whether they really do work!!:confused:

ice box
08-Jan-06, 14:59
Well depends on how much toxins you take over the weekend...... lol

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 15:04
Its like all these vitamins ans supplements, do they really work or do we just fool ourselves into believing that if we take them we will be healthier?:confused:
Theres just so many of them. How do you know what you need to take?

angela5
08-Jan-06, 15:11
I've heard about the detox foot machines they say they are good! and cost very little wether they make any difference to the amount of toxins in your body who know's.
on the subject of health, i want to loose the christmas bumps and someone recommended slim fast, ive went to boots they have none i've also tried smith's chemist does anyone know where i can purchase this.

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 15:14
I've heard about the detox foot machines they say they are good! and cost very little wether they make any difference to the amount of toxins in your body who know's.
on the subject of health, i want to loose the christmas bumps and someone recommended slim fast, ive went to boots they have none i've also tried smith's chemist does anyone know where i can purchase this.I personally think you'd be better eating healthy food rather than slim fast.. If you don't change to eating more healthy the weight will just go back on. If you really want slimfast im sure I saw it in Semi-Chem..

angela5
08-Jan-06, 15:18
I personally think you'd be better eating healthy food rather than slim fast.. If you don't change to eating more healthy the weight will just go back on. If you really want slimfast im sure I saw it in Semi-Chem..

I'm intending on eating more healthly foods, i would not just take slim fast then eat loads of chocolate bars and crisps and wonder why the buldges are'nt shifting. I've started going to the gym and doing as much walking as possible.
I noticed in boots when i was looking for slim fast that you can get detox tablets or a drink supplement to.

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 15:22
I'm intending on eating more healthly foods, i would not just take slim fast then eat loads of chocolate bars and crisps and wonder why the buldges are'nt shifting. I've started going to the gym and doing as much walking as possible.
I noticed in boots when i was looking for slim fast that you can get detox tablets or a drink supplement to.I've heard that taking Kelp tablets is very good for you if you are trying to loose weight...

angela5
08-Jan-06, 15:26
I've heard that taking Kelp tablets is very good for you if you are trying to loose weight...

I would'nt suggest using slimming patches anyway a friend of mine tried this all it did was make a sticky mess on her arm.

Rheghead
08-Jan-06, 15:27
I've heard that taking Kelp tablets is very good for you if you are trying to loose weight...

Why waste your money? Go out onto any beach and you can gather as much kelp up for a real good kelp dinner (http://www.scrollsofknowledge.com/index.php?menu=12&story=544).

Let me know how you get on...:p

EDDIE
08-Jan-06, 15:28
Well im not really a great believer in taking different products to help u get slim quickly i think the answer is to change the way you eat on a permenant basis and not short term and its easier to say it than to do it ive tried a few times i only last about 3 weeks my biggest problem is i have no will power what so ever

angela5
08-Jan-06, 15:35
Well im not really a great believer in taking different products to help u get slim quickly i think the answer is to change the way you eat on a permenant basis and not short term and its easier to say it than to do it ive tried a few times i only last about 3 weeks my biggest problem is i have no will power what so ever

I'm not a great believer no, i've never had to watch what i eat i just seemed to have put a few pounds on over christmas and thought a slim fast at lunchtime would be fine, maybe i'll give it a miss and just stick to the gym as i'm not fat and probably look a little healther :eek:

ice box
08-Jan-06, 15:38
You can't beat the old push bike i say the best way to lose all that lumps and bump . It's better than that rubbish slim fast it never work and it cost a fortune .

unicorn
08-Jan-06, 15:46
the simple things work best try giving up bread it worked for me I lost 1 1/2 stone.

angela5
08-Jan-06, 15:48
the simple things work best try giving up bread it worked for me I lost 1 1/2 stone.

All together? or switch to brown.

unicorn
08-Jan-06, 15:50
I gave it up altogether and ate pasta and rice instead. now i eat it occasionaly but it leaves me feeling bloated.

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 15:53
Well I enjoy going to the gym but it dosn't open till 8 or 9 in the morning and 10 or 10.30 at weekends. Its a pity there's nowhere earlier because if you can get first thing imn the morning it gives you a boost for the whole day!
If I have to leave it till after work usually I can't be bothered then!
It also helps if you can get someone else to go too so you can keep each other motivated!!:)

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 16:03
Why waste your money? Go out onto any beach and you can gather as much kelp up for a real good kelp dinner (http://www.scrollsofknowledge.com/index.php?menu=12&story=544).

Let me know how you get on...:pYuk!! If that's not going to put you off having dinner nothing will. I think i'll try the tablets instead..lol

Saveman
08-Jan-06, 16:10
Has anyone heard of or used these detoxing foot patches?
You put them on the soles of your feet overnight and they supposidly remove the toxins from your body!! I was just interested in whether they really do work!!:confused:

I've not heard of them....have you got a website address with details?
:)

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 16:21
:)How do ou add a link and i'll try?

caithnessgirl
08-Jan-06, 16:24
Not trying to be a know it all but did none of you guys hear what was on the news and various TV programmes this week? Docs have been saying that none of these detox things really work..... the best way to detox is getting a good nights sleep ,drinking lots of water and taking regular exercise?
Surely it would be best to try that than all the tablets and remedies- and bound to be cheaper?! :o

paris
08-Jan-06, 16:45
Totally agree caithness girl ! I went on a so called detox diet ,drank lots of water, cut out bread, spuds and all sweet things, ate lots of meat and veg, abit like atkins diet and lost 2 st in about 2 weeks, ok i no some of you may not agree with doing it like that but it sure works.

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 16:46
:) http://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index
I hope this works as i've never done it before:)

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 16:53
Totally agree caithness girl ! I went on a so called detox diet ,drank lots of water, cut out bread, spuds and all sweet things, ate lots of meat and veg, abit like atkins diet and lost 2 st in about 2 weeks, ok i no some of you may not agree with doing it like that but it sure works.I don't think detoxing is necessarily about weight loss, I think its more about cleansing your body of all the toxins isn't it? :) Or am I wrong in saying that?

Saveman
08-Jan-06, 17:26
http://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index
I hope this works as i've never done it before:)

Great thanks!:)

angela5
08-Jan-06, 21:02
I don't think detoxing is necessarily about weight loss, I think its more about cleansing your body of all the toxins isn't it? :) Or am I wrong in saying that?

Yes detox is for flushing all the toxins out of your body to make you feel much better..it wont help anyone wanting to loose a few pounds like me.

Is there a diet called detox???

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 21:06
Yes detox is for flushing all the toxins out of your body to make you feel much better..it wont help anyone wanting to loose a few pounds like me.

Is there a diet called detox???No but there is probably a detox diet...

angela5
08-Jan-06, 21:09
It costs around £30 for half an hour to get detoxed by one of these foot machines a little steep i think....:eek:

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 21:11
It costs around £30 for half an hour to get detoxed by one of these foot machines a little steep i think....:eek:Do you know anything about them then? Do they actually work, and how often you suppsed to use them?:confused:

angela5
08-Jan-06, 21:14
Do you know anything about them then? Do they actually work, and how often you suppsed to use them?:confused:

I did have a magazine about it and the cost to purchase one i'll have a look in a while..
wether they work i don't know.

98elite
09-Jan-06, 23:38
If you really want to shed those Christmas pounds then Its Atkins all the way for me, lots of meat, fish, veg plus eggs and cheese and loads of water. The weight will fall off and you will never feel hungry, I have lost 10Ibs since last Wednesday honest, some folk would say that thats to much to quickly but then I have another stone to go so I'm loving it.

I'm just using it to get down to a target weight then its sensible eating plus exercise. At the moment I'm out on my bike and visiting the gym twice a week.

Its certainly working for me.

JAWS
09-Jan-06, 23:59
If your body didn't detox naturally you would be dead. The latest supposed "Detox" methods are what my grandmother would have called a "Catch-Penny", a polite way of saying "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Detox with a Foot-spa? What's wrong, has tha sale of Foot-spas dropped off recently. They used to be sold for "Stress-relief", put your feet in them and feel the relaxation spread over your body. Many people had them, they ended up in cupboards gathering dust!

Plenty of fluids (sorry people, non-alcohilic variety) will flush the toxins out of your body by helping the liver and kidneys do their job properly. That's what they are there for!

Sandra_B
10-Jan-06, 00:03
Talking of diets........

A few years back my husbands Grandfather decided to go on the slimfast diet. After a few weeks we asked him how it was going and he said it was absolute rubbish---he'd put on weight! We asked him if he was sure he was doing the diet right, he got all indignant and said of course he was, he was drinking it with every meal:D

angela5
10-Jan-06, 00:05
Talking of diets........

A few years back my husbands Grandfather decided to go on the slimfast diet. After a few weeks we asked him how it was going and he said it was absolute rubbish---he'd put on weight! We asked him if he was sure he was doing the diet right, he got all indignant and said of course he was, he was drinking it with every meal:D

I had to laugh at that