PDA

View Full Version : Black Cop suspended again

Rheghead
20-Sep-08, 01:11
I am a little puzzled by the Metropolitan police to suspend top black police officer for advising a defence team to get their client off. In my opinion, if the police were to bring a case against anyone then it should be able to 'weather' the best scrutiny in the world or it will bring an unsafe conviction, and we all don't want that for justice and tax payer's reasons. So why shouldn't he be able to say what he wants to a defence team if the prosecution case's cards are all on the table as they should be?

What does anyone else think?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4783208.ece

MadPict
20-Sep-08, 06:17
I think that if the MPA and the IPCC have considered there are sufficient grounds to suspend him then so be it.
I am sure he will play the race card again and hopefully if he is guilty he will be sacked with no huge pension to go and live the life of a playboy on.

The Swedish Chef
20-Sep-08, 07:47
What difference does it make that he is a "top black officer" surely he should just be described as "a senior officer", no .. hang on .. silly me .. Then the papers couldnt play the race card could they ??

The article seems to imply that he is being investigated because he is black and a friend of the suspended senior officer in the Met. What a non story.

Feeble attempt at the "its cos I is black innit" defence.

MadPict
20-Sep-08, 11:41
Then the papers couldnt play the race card could they ??

The 'race card' has already been played by Dizaei along with his mate Tarique Ghaffur - both senior officers of 'black' origins in a force supposedly rife with "institutionalised racism" - and what is the National Black Police Association other than reverse racism?

The Swedish Chef
20-Sep-08, 12:49
The 'race card' has already been played by Dizaei along with his mate Tarique Ghaffur - both senior officers of 'black' origins in a force supposedly rife with "institutionalised racism" - and what is the National Black Police Association other than reverse racism?

I totally agree.

I do remember reading a while ago that a proposal was put forward for a White Police Officers Association but the Home Office saw it as antagonistic. There is an serving Officer who lives near to me and he maintains that there should be the Police Officers Federation and thats it. He is black and a well respected Officer locally.

It is amusing though that the very fact that they rose so high in rank disproves the theory of the institutuionalised racism claim. But just try applying to an English Force as a white heterosexual man and see if you are deemed "diverse" enough. Our local "bobby" said he knew of one woman who pretended to be gay to get accepted because when she applied they were looking for recruits from (amongst others) the "gay community" .. ridiculous.

Melancholy Man
20-Sep-08, 13:22
Ali Dizaei is as black as I am. He is Iranian born, and not of identifiable African descent as the terms suggests. I dislike the term "reverse racism" 'cos it suggests the gold standard is practised by whiteys. The implication of the NBPA - that the world is divided into white/European and black (dunno if they include Chinese) - is racially divisive, however.

Furthermore, he has a streak of insubordination viz. his dress-code and others, and really blotted his copybook viz. the false report over the vandalized car.

I try to avoid endorsing the Daily Mail, but deik the lawyer (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1054481/Liar-crook-friend-billionaires-royalty--meet-lawyer-whos-tearing-Met-apart.html) representing him (and Ghaffur)! Oh dear, Ali. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Rheghead
20-Sep-08, 13:34
You are all sort of missing the point of my post, regardless of whether the copper is black, a prosecution case should be good to withstand any amount of undermining, no?

Melancholy Man
20-Sep-08, 14:15
Alternatively, with the history of disciplinary procedures brought against Dizaei, it would be inconceivable that a halfway competent police force would do so again without rock hard evidence. Plus, that he has chosen to be represented by a lawyer who's a convicted fraudster.

MadPict
20-Sep-08, 14:59
Ali Dizaei is as black as I am. He is Iranian born, and not of identifiable African descent as the terms suggests.
from the NBPA Constitution -
...membership is open to all serving Police Officers, Special Constables and Support Staff directly employed by Police Authorities or similar Statutory Bodies within the United Kingdom who are of African, African-Caribbean, Middle eastern, Asian or Asian sub-continent origin and who are members of any representative BPA.

Rheghead,
I suppose it depends on how he was "undermining" it. With his 'inside knowledge' of police procedure he could quite easily advise a defendant/defendants bent lawyer the tricks to thwart a succesful prosecution.

And now it appears that Keith Vaz MP is embroiled in the scandal -
http://tinyurl.com/4soqzd

The Swedish Chef
20-Sep-08, 15:16
You are all sort of missing the point of my post, regardless of whether the copper is black, a prosecution case should be good to withstand any amount of undermining, no?

If as you say the fact that the policeman is black is irrelevant why did you describe him as " a top black officer" and not "a senior officer" ??

By mentioning skin colour it gives the impression that it is somehow relevant to the complaint, which to be honest it seems to be today if a complaint is made aginst an officer who isnt white.

Rheghead
20-Sep-08, 15:21
To draw attention to the thread.

Melancholy Man
20-Sep-08, 15:25
from the NBPA Constitution -
...membership is open to all serving Police Officers, Special Constables and Support Staff directly employed by Police Authorities or similar Statutory Bodies within the United Kingdom who are of African, African-Caribbean, Middle eastern, Asian or Asian sub-continent origin and who are members of any representative BPA.

You forget the Melancholy Constitution which states, quite clearly, that Melancholy Man is to be considered the Emperor of Pluto out to destroy Uranus, and none of you humans can disagree!

?????????????????????

Keith Vaz, what have you been up to???????????????

dook
20-Sep-08, 17:33
I've just set up the WFTOLPCDWO. Now got a membership of 3 but what funding we get from the government

northener
20-Sep-08, 17:37
I've just set up the WFTOLPCDWO. Now got a membership of 3 but what funding we get from the government

I don't know what your organisation does Dook. But I can smell government handouts from a thousand light years away..count me in.

northener
20-Sep-08, 17:46
Hmmm.. Mr Dizaei certainly seems to attract 'bad luck'......

I'm sure many senior officers have to put up with spurious allegations from aggrieved or vindictive types. Yet rarely do they receive media coverage and investigation to this level.

The inferance is that Mr Dizaei appears to have compromised himself professionally. I'd agree with that - if the allegations about 'spiking' a prosecution are true.

I don't recall police officers being there to 'brief' defendants - they are there to charge those who they believe have broken the law. Barristers are there to brief.

blowfish
20-Sep-08, 19:54

to much of a radical extremist group for me. Dook is now down to two. I have since started a splinter group known as the FPS (free police suspenders)
I suprisingly have already quite a lot of support

dook
20-Sep-08, 20:00
to much of a radical extremist group for me. Dook is now down to two. I have since started a splinter group known as the FPS (free police suspenders)
I suprisingly have already quite a lot of support

No. The momentum is gathering. You have been replaced by another 2 persons. Long live the movement

blowfish
20-Sep-08, 20:07
No. The momentum is gathering. You have been replaced by another 2 persons. Long live the movement

too bad mussolini's half brother, I have tempted your two new recruits with my mothers hot steaming Penne alla arrabbiata. oh and a monkey in the back pocket. Long live the leader of the revolution