PDA

View Full Version : British Citizenship Ceremony

Alice in Blunderland
19-Sep-08, 19:14
Today I attended a British citizenship ceremony :roll: not sure what I made of it all .

Councillors, Lord Lieutenant of Caithness and a few others including the would be Citizen.

What do you think ? Does this ceremony make a better British Citizen ?

My dad thoroughly enjoyed the whole service.Weeboyagee missed it all although I am sure he would have loved it. :eek:

Do you think everyone should:

"Swear by almighty God to be faithfull and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, her heirs and successors according to law.

Give loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms. Uphold its democratic values. Observe its laws faithfully and fulfill duties and obligations as a British citizen.

Colin Manson
19-Sep-08, 19:23
Small world, I also attended one today but we got the afternoon appointment, if I'd known that it was yourself we could have had an Orgers get together combined ceremony.

Wife had a nice time and it's not often that I catch up with Bill, he is normally rushing off to some event or other ;)

However the whole show was taken over by the wee fella, who feels that he should always be the main focus of any event. :)

Alice in Blunderland
19-Sep-08, 19:38
Funny you should say that my two youngest moaned the whole time as they wanted back to school for a spelling test :eek:.

I thought the ceremony was going to be combined but it was only when we arrived we discovered that the other person was in the afternoon.

It was far more personal because it was local I felt. Bill wasnt at our one.

I got a lovely bunch of flowers after the service which I am sure you dont get anywhere south.