PDA

View Full Version : Driving Rant

veekay
19-Sep-08, 18:59
Sorry I know I have ranted before but what I have just seen really does take the biscuit. A car being driven out of Thurso by a man with a yorkshire terrier on his lap. The dog had his paws on the steering wheel How stupid can anyone get.

joxville
19-Sep-08, 19:01
I'd assume it's a doggy biscuit.

I hope the dog wasn't using a mobile phone-that's illegal these days.

riggerboy
19-Sep-08, 19:03
yip just how someone can be that stupid not to realise the he wasnt in the passenger seat, but what a clever dog, thought they had done away with the dog licence lol

dook
19-Sep-08, 19:18
Sorry I know I have ranted before but what I have just seen really does take the biscuit. A car being driven out of Thurso by a man with a yorkshire terrier on his lap. The dog had his paws on the steering wheel How stupid can anyone get.

The terrier was obviously too wee to reach the pedals and see out the windscreen. You don't have the same problem with German Shepherds.

balto
19-Sep-08, 20:31
i hope he wasnt on his mobile lol(the dog that is)

percy toboggan
19-Sep-08, 20:42
Sounds like the dog might have been an improvement on the berk behind the wheel veekay.

Re driving. Today I realised I've become an automaton. Short trips x 3 much traffic.
80 tonnes of stuff delivered.

Some really tight and hairy situations caused by roadworks which are dogging the route. I coped with all without a flicker in me pulse rate. Either I'm half-dead, or good at my job. (don't answer ;-)...I'm just a little nonplussed at how it all rolled over me and didn't cause any stress.

Then I drove home form work in the car, in really heavy traffic. It was warm. I just wanted to be home. I got halfway and realised I'd left two mobile phones in my cab. Not happy. Bricks smash windows (as I well know) for grubby grasping hands to nick telephones, so I had to go back.Beggar!

Driving should be elevated to the life threatening activity it really is. Those who are indisciplined on the road should be seriously punished...the guy with the dog deserves a ban.

blowfish
19-Sep-08, 23:20

was the car a Rover??

rhino
19-Sep-08, 23:47
Hope he put the barking brake on when he left the car

blowfish
20-Sep-08, 00:01
Hope he put the barking brake on when he left the car

the car eventually crashed as it aqua-planed on a poodle

rhino
20-Sep-08, 00:29
hope it never caused a collie-ision

2little2late
20-Sep-08, 01:14
hope it never caused a collie-ision
All the traffic SNARLED up and it caused one heck of a TAIL back.
Eventually the pawlice were called.

northener
20-Sep-08, 08:50
...the guy with the dog deserves a ban.

To be correct...the dog should be banned for driving without a licence and the man should be banned for aiding and abetting.

But...we do not know all the facts..there's nothing to say that dogs cannot drive. The dog may have had a full driving licence. If the car was under control at the time the I can't see what Traffic regs are being broken.

Now, if the dog had been eating a bone or attempting to chase cats whilst driving the car then fair enough......

blowfish
20-Sep-08, 08:57
To be correct...the dog should be banned for driving without a licence and the man should be banned for aiding and abetting.

But...we do not know all the facts..there's nothing to say that dogs cannot drive. The dog may have had a full driving licence. If the car was under control at the time the I can't see what Traffic regs are being broken.

Now, if the dog had been eating a bone or attempting to chase cats whilst driving the car then fair enough......

I have found though when i do let my dog drive it can only be out on the open road. If we are in a built up area, he keeps stopping at every lamppost which is quite annoying.

rhino
20-Sep-08, 10:10
haha, tears down my face, cant stoplaughing at that one!!![lol]

balto
20-Sep-08, 10:14
I have found though when i do let my dog drive it can only be out on the open road. If we are in a built up area, he keeps stopping at every lamppost which is quite annoying.
oh that is so funny well done lol[lol][lol]

alistair harper
20-Sep-08, 14:52
Mine is so bad he does a u turn and chases the car that went past him

Neil Howie
20-Sep-08, 16:08
Couldn't resist:

dog_driving_car (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/309466/dog_driving_car/)

veekay
21-Sep-08, 18:40
Nice one Neil.