PDA

View Full Version : Missing bus

badger
07-Jan-06, 18:29
Did anyone else know that Rapsons was going to change the timetable at the new year? I don't remember seeing anything in the paper but I've just waited nearly an hour getting sooooo cold, with two other people, for the 14.40 bus from Wick to Thurso (starts at Inverness) only to be told by another bus driver that it was cancelled. In the end we found a very kind taxi driver who agreed to take us all for a reduced rate in his lovely warm cab. The mid-day bus from Scrabster has also been cancelled. There is a 14.35 bus to Thurso but it goes via Halkirk and we needed a Castletown bus.

Ann
08-Jan-06, 01:18
Go to www.rapsons.com and www.citylink.co.uk for their timetables. Caithness is under Area K and on page 7 you will find the local service between Wick and Thurso via Bower with a bus leaving Wick at 15.00. This is in addition to the Citylink/Rapsons services between Inverness and Caithness.

In the current Caithness Public Transport Timetables there is a note referring to the cessation (from the end of Dec. 2005) of the 11.45 from Inverness which left Wick for Thurso at 14.40.

Sometimes the local drivers have the Caithness timetables but I usually get mine either from the local travel agency or the bus terminal at Inverness but you do have to check occasionally to see that there have been no changes.

Best to look at the websites for Rapsons and Citylink from time to time; keep them among your favourites.

IC
08-Jan-06, 04:38
Ann

If you check the timetable you mentioned you will see that the 1500 from Wick to Thurso via Castletown only operates from Monday to Friday and not at all on Saturdays and it also runs only on schooldays

badger
08-Jan-06, 20:28
I always download the local timetables when the new ones come out, both for K and K1, and print out the ones I need. The annoying thing about this change is that, having downloaded new timetables dated October which all said they would be correct until April 2006, they seem to have cancelled just two buses without, as far as I know, any warning. The new timetable is there for K1 but I had no reason to expect a change and hadn't read the small print, which obviously I should have done. But why state the timetable is Ok until April if it's not? The proposed changes section is useless as it's dated last August. I've tried today subscribing to get email updates so will see how that works. :confused: