PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Childcare

Biker
07-Jan-06, 16:02
I am in need of some advice.

My wife has been taken into hospital and I need to sort out childcare for my 18 month old so that I can get to work next week. Can anyone recommend a child minder or equivalent?

paris
07-Jan-06, 16:12
cant help with the childminding, live to far away, but hope your wife gets better soon .

SonyaA
07-Jan-06, 16:38
Hi Biker, are you in Wick, if so I know of a good childminder called Heather Black. My two year old goes to her and she's really good. I can pm you with the details if you need them. Hope you wife gets well soon!

Biker
07-Jan-06, 17:08
Thanks for that SonyaA, but I am in Thurso so a child minder over this side would be better.

Zambo
07-Jan-06, 17:46
Hi Biker

I am a registered childminder, but unfortunately I am based in Wick, so I can't help you.

I can provide you with a list of some registered childminders in Thurso if that is any help -they are all taken from the childcare website.

http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk/whitebox/childcaresearch.asp?vacancies=0&type1=1&type2=0&type3=0&type4=0&type5=0&type6=0&type7=0&type8=0&type9=0&results=1&cisid=5099&town1=937&town2=&town3=&town4=&town5=

Biker
07-Jan-06, 18:27
Thanks for the list Zambo. I'll have a look at it, but was hoping for a personal recommend to make the choice easier.

Thanks again

Fran
08-Jan-06, 04:09
thurso social work dept and Crossroads can help you, good luck, and hope your wife makes a quick recovery.

Biker
11-Jan-06, 14:07
Thanks to everyone who replied to this post and the PMs. I managed to solve my dilema and my wife is now out of hospital and on the mend.

Thanks again.