PDA

View Full Version : A new to idea against dog fouling.

justine
18-Sep-08, 10:19
Now i came across this and it made me wonder whether it would work in the uk.The scheme seems well planned and i can definately see the benefits of it.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080916/thl-uk-israel-dogs-b2e59e8.html

Lolabelle
18-Sep-08, 11:04
Interesting idea.

What amuses me though, the other day Dave and I went for a walk along the foreshore at Newcastle and out along the breakwall. Lots of people walk their dogs, and I have walked mine there too, but there were lots of little bags of poo, so people are doing great, picking up the poo, and then they throw the poo, in the bag, into the bush and among the rocks on the breakwall.
I don't know about you, but I think that is so much worse, as at least it has a chance of decaying and disappearing over time, where as the bags of poo will just mount up and cause even worse environmental problems than the poo ever would have!:mad:

justine
18-Sep-08, 11:09
Doggy backpack is the answer. If the owners cant be bothered to carry the bag, do what i do, buy the dog a pack pack and make him carry his own waste until you find a bin. Seems ludicrous that they spend the time to pick it up just to endanger the wildlife by throwing it in the hedges.

Its the ones who just walk past and ignore the fact that the dog has just fouled. Luckily our Tank seems not to do it on a walk , he waits until we get home and then goes out in the garden, easier to scoop and dispose of.

Kevin Milkins
18-Sep-08, 13:23
Interesting idea.

What amuses me though, the other day Dave and I went for a walk along the foreshore at Newcastle and out along the breakwall. Lots of people walk their dogs, and I have walked mine there too, but there were lots of little bags of poo, so people are doing great, picking up the poo, and then they throw the poo, in the bag, into the bush and among the rocks on the breakwall.
I don't know about you, but I think that is so much worse, as at least it has a chance of decaying and disappearing over time, where as the bags of poo will just mount up and cause even worse environmental problems than the poo ever would have!:mad:
When I lived in South Wales I was mystified by a large ammount of plastic bags stuck in a hawthorn tree on one of our regular walks and they seemed to be increasing by the day.
One day I spotted a woman walking her dog and she cleaned up a poo after him put it in a bag and launched over the fence into the hawthorn tree. :mad:
Like you Lolabelle, I thought what is the point of doing that.:confused

teenybash
19-Sep-08, 13:27
I am lucky that my dogs have their own bit of land to poop on and I don't need to lift it. I leave it to the birds, worms, slugs and beatles to do the 'dealing' with it and once they have cleared it up they poop it out....adum infinitum:Razz

Torvaig
19-Sep-08, 13:59
I am lucky that my dogs have their own bit of land to poop on and I don't need to lift it. I leave it to the birds, worms, slugs and beatles to do the 'dealing' with it and once they have cleared it up they poop it out....adum infinitum:Razz

That's called recycling! :)

Lolabelle
19-Sep-08, 23:36
I mostly walk my dogs in the bush, and they "go" when they are off lead and run into the scrub to do their business, so it bothers no one. But at home I have 2 compost bins, and I put the poo in there, along with kitchen scraps, lawn clippings and ash from the fire, then I add a bit of lime and let the worms do their thing, eventually it turns back into dirt and I dig it into the garden as fertiliser! And we're all happy [lol]