PDA

View Full Version : Baikie/Sinclair/MacVine photos~1905

elaine j
05-Jul-03, 04:46
About 20 years ago a Harry Taylor of Edinburgh was researching his family tree. His mother Isabel Baikie was from Dunnet and her grand mother was Jane/Jean Sinclair born Dunnet 1818 d.o. George Sinclair and Marion/Mary Baikie.

Harry thought he could be related to the Sinclair family who lived at 34 Coach Rd Wick for over 50 years from 1860 as his mother had been a friend of one of the daughters, Johnina - married name MacVine. He contacted Johnina's grandson and mentioned that he had photos of her and other Sinclairs taken around 1905. Harry died some time ago but I wonder whether the photos still exist ? If so I we would very much like to see them.

I am the grand daughter of the eldest son of the Sinclair family, Harry b. 1863. I understand that a Heather Fletcher, grand daughter of his sister Roberta, was making enquiries some time ago and if she or any other descendant of James and Isabella Sinclair sees this I would love to hear from them.

annebrice
27-Sep-08, 14:53
Hi Elaine
I am new to ancestry and have just seen your thread. I am a great grand-daughter of James and Isabella Sinclair. Their son Francis 1874-1904 ( known as Frank) went to St Helena with the Eastern Telegraph Company and met my great grandmother ( Evelyn Wrigley ). I have actually got a copy of your excellent family history ( written by you in 2004) and made the connection with your thread! My dad (grandson of Frank and Evelyn ) gave me a copy of it last week! I have more information on Francis and his brother James b.1879 if it is of any use to you. I am afraid I don't have any old photos at all.
Regards
Anne

elizabeth forbes
28-Sep-08, 16:54
Hi Both,
I also have some info on this Sinclair family and I am happy to exchange any info that I have with you.
James Sinclair b.1834-1904 m. Isabella Wick 1860.
Children:
Henry(Harry) b.1863,Isabella (Bella)b.1865,.Janet Oag(Jessie)b.1867.,Johnina(Nina)b.1869.,Catherine( Kate)b.1871., Francis(Frank)b.1874.,Roberta(Bertha)b.1876,.James George(Jim)b.1879., Herbert b.1881

James Sinclair.b. 1834.Parents Francis Sinclair b.1811 & Janet Oag b.1811. marr. Dec.1832 Wick.
Janet Oag my 3rd Great Grand Aunt. Francis Sinclair my 2C5R.
Look forward to hearing from you
Teeny

annebrice
28-Sep-08, 18:57
Hi Teeny
Thanks for your response....it's brilliant to find a connection! I am trying to find out more about my great grand parents , Francis ( Frank) Sinclair b. 1874 and Evelyn Wrigley ( I have no dates for her at all) . I know she was born and got married to Frank in South Africa ( ? when). I know that Frank travelled extensively with his job (Eastern Telegraph Company) and that by 1928 his salary was £1000, which must have been a fortune then. Do you have any more info on him ?
Regards
Anne

elizabeth forbes
29-Sep-08, 17:10
Hi again,
If you would care to send me your Email address to my PM box I will give you what I have on the Family.
Regards
Teeny

annebrice
22-Oct-08, 14:04
Hi Teeny
I am not sure if my e-mail address worked for you to send me more info on the James and Isabella Sinclair family. I will give it to you again just in case !......

hope it works for you !
Regards

Anne:lol:

elizabeth forbes
22-Oct-08, 16:38
Sorry for my tardiness, sending to you today.
Regards
Teeny