PDA

View Full Version : he's arrived.

cuddlepop
18-Sep-08, 09:43
well gone and done it now "corrie" has arrived and he's just a great big puppy.
He's gorgeous,with the most adorable eyes that just cry love me.
Previous owners decided he needed a hair cut but has ended up looking so scruffy.nevermind Kathy reassures me it'll grow back.:lol:

Apparently dog food is going through him but at 6months surely adult dog food is more appropriate?
They had left over mince and pasta lastnight.well to be precise Corrie had both dinners,so we'll need to work on that.:eek:
Dileas is a bit shell shocked but at least they appear to get on.Corrie wants to play and our older dog cant be bothered with all that stuff and nonsence.

Think we'll keep the "corrie" part just stick S in front so he's now officially Scorrie.

I love him to bits, he's a charactor:D

carasmam
18-Sep-08, 09:52
Glad the new arrival is settling in. Look forward to seeing photos when he gets over his bad hair days - we all have them :lol:

justine
18-Sep-08, 10:00
Previous owners decided he needed a hair cut but has ended up looking so scruffy.nevermind Kathy reassures me it'll grow back.:lol:

Apparently dog food is going through him but at 6months surely adult dog food is more appropriate?
They had left over mince and pasta lastnight.well to be precise Corrie had both dinners,so we'll need to work on that.:eek:
Dileas is a bit shell shocked but at least they appear to get on.Corrie wants to play and our older dog cant be bothered with all that stuff and nonsence.

Think we'll keep the "corrie" part just stick S in front so he's now officially Scorrie.

Glad hes settling in. Just one comment though, you say dog food is going straight through him, whats he on. Adul food is perfect for him at that age, but i suggest you try different brands till you find one that suits, we have tried all sorts with our pup, and finaly settled for butchers mixed with pedigree small bite mixer, good luck.

porshiepoo
18-Sep-08, 10:44

You may find that human "dinners" are what is making his food go straight through him. lol.
But it could also be down do a change of environment so don't panic too much, see how he is when he's settled in.
The other thing to watch would be that he's not being fed too much in each sitting and you're correct, he should be OK on adult food. (Depending on breed though)
Personally I stay away from anything with Maize in it as I've always found that to make them squitty but that's just my experience.

Good luck with your new doggy and hope you have many years of fun ahead. What breed is he???

cuddlepop
18-Sep-08, 12:31
You may find that human "dinners" are what is making his food go straight through him. lol.
But it could also be down do a change of environment so don't panic too much, see how he is when he's settled in.
The other thing to watch would be that he's not being fed too much in each sitting and you're correct, he should be OK on adult food. (Depending on breed though)
Personally I stay away from anything with Maize in it as I've always found that to make them squitty but that's just my experience.

Good luck with your new doggy and hope you have many years of fun ahead. What breed is he???

Porshie,he's one of Cath's litter from Watten.
Cross between a Beardie and a collie.He's got enormous paws and at 6 months is all legs.
it was after midnight before we got in last night so gave them both what was left of the dinner,we werent hungry.No skits this morning so have decided to try him on adult dog food tonight.
Kath got him back Tuesday night and fed him adult dog food and that went through him so I''l pm her to find out what brand.:eek:

Scorrie has a wonderfull nature and appears to be very inteligent,picking up comands very quicky.
Good run through the forest this morning so both are chewing away at their hide sticks.

He hates the hover,barking his head of at it :lol:,the other one hides.:roll:

Liz
18-Sep-08, 12:50
I am delighted to hear that you have Scorrie.He sounds like a lovely wee character and I'm sure you'll sort out his diet.
It sometimes takes a few attempts to find the right food.

We expect photos soon. Bad hair or not!:lol:

cuddlepop
18-Sep-08, 13:05
I am delighted to hear that you have Scorrie.He sounds like a lovely wee character and I'm sure you'll sort out his diet.
It sometimes takes a few attempts to find the right food.

We expect photos soon. Bad hair or not!:lol:

I've actually forgotton how to post pictures so I'll have to follow the other Scorries idiot guide.
I think he's going to have a bad hair day everyday and he just loves the water.Puddles,burns,streams,rivers and the sea are all fair game,permenatly wet.:eek:

This is becoming a habit,connie amd scorrie have log ins on the Org and my dogs share their names.:lol:

Liz
18-Sep-08, 13:25
I've actually forgotton how to post pictures so I'll have to follow the other Scorries idiot guide.
I think he's going to have a bad hair day everyday and he just loves the water.Puddles,burns,streams,rivers and the sea are all fair game,permenatly wet.:eek:

This is becoming a habit,connie amd scorrie have log ins on the Org and my dogs share their names.:lol:

If you just go to the Photobucket website you can upload your photos from there and it is easy. Must be if I can do it!

I am sure his 'bad hair' will just make him even more cute!

It is brilliant how he has made himself at home already. Just shows how comfortable he feels with you.

I know you will never forget Connie but I hope that this wee rascal will help ease the heartache.

I am sure Connie will be happy to see her Mam smile again.:D

scorrie
18-Sep-08, 14:16
Scorrie has a wonderfull nature and appears to be very inteligent,picking up comands very quicky.

Why, thank you Cuddlepop. You are OK yourself ;)

All the best to you both!!

Liz
18-Sep-08, 18:22
Why, thank you Cuddlepop. You are OK yourself ;)

All the best to you both!!

Aye she has described you perfectly!!:lol:

Kathy@watten
18-Sep-08, 19:52
Glad to hear you got home and are still delighted with the big lad! re food his last owners informed me that he struggled with adult feeding and semed to be fine on the bakers complete puppy food, he did have a wee touch of the scoots here but that may have been caused by all the upheaval of being in new surroundings with strange dogs around him, delighted to hear that your other dog is ok with him. Will keep in touch and look forward to hearing of his adventures over the water!

balto
18-Sep-08, 20:11
oh scorrie sounds lovely, hope he settles into his new home without any problems, mind you by the sound of it he already has.

teenybash
18-Sep-08, 22:36
Happy days Cuddlpop.....your cloud had just turned silver.....I can see the happy years ahead for you and Scorrie....Your wee Connie just sent you a precious gift...the wild and wonderful Scorrie. My advice, always have your camera with you as you will want to capture his antics and funny faces....of course we want to see loads and loads.
Bless you.....

teenybash
25-Sep-08, 12:08
Waiting patiently for pics.......................................Please: D