PDA

View Full Version : Dog Mess

spiggie
07-Jan-06, 15:02
Walking down to the Street today, with my new boots on i may add i trod in a big lump of dog doo doo!! arrghh! why cant people pick up after their dogs, especially if they mess on the pavement where it is so easy for someone to stand on...? They don't seem to mind that they could be fined a lot of money for this.

DW
07-Jan-06, 15:07
Walking down to the Street today, with my new boots on i may add i trod in a big lump of dog doo doo!! arrghh! why cant people pick up after their dogs, especially if they mess on the pavement where it is so easy for someone to stand on...? They don't seem to mind that they could be fined a lot of money for this.
:evil If its that easy to stand in how come its not that easy to avoid????

DW

connieb19
07-Jan-06, 15:35
Some one keeps on letting their dog do it right outside my gate and i'm not happy about it..I just keep waiting hoping to see who it is. People shouldn't have dogs if they can't clean up after them..

LENSMAN
07-Jan-06, 15:46
We always pick up when we walk our dogs but what you find is that there is a lack of bins to get rid of the stuff so you end up carting it around with you.

paris
07-Jan-06, 15:49
where i live in lincs there is a strip of grass across the road from me , dog owners ( i am one ) use it for the dogs to go to poo on. we as home owners have rang the local council to ask for a poo bin to be installed hopeing that these dog owners will pick up after there beloved pets , will the council provide one........ NO but we were told to take photos of the culprits and the council will then deal with it.
Theres nothing more we can do, and when you aproach these dog owners they tell you to ............... if you know what i mean. I dont let my dogs do it so why do they ???? Grrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

landmarker
07-Jan-06, 16:09
Not too many dogs around here but there are lots of cats. They seeme to hold parties on the bonnet of my car. Dancing 'til dawn with muddy paws, especially if I've just washed it.

They mess in the garden too. Smelly poo, not nice when yer weeding (not that I do that too often)

What's the answer. Poison? Traps? Jack Russell? A cat of our own? Emigrate?
Perhaps a Citroen Picasso - the little beggars would slide off.

connieb19
07-Jan-06, 16:11
Not too many dogs around here but there are lots of cats. They seeme to hold parties on the bonnet of my car. Dancing 'til dawn with muddy paws, especially if I've just washed it.

They mess in the garden too. Smelly poo, not nice when yer weeding (not that I do that too often)

What's the answer. Poison? Traps? Jack Russell? A cat of our own? Emigrate?
Perhaps a Citroen Picasso - the little beggars would slide off.Isn't it against the law to poisen them? I have the same problem here, Why don't cats ever do it in their own garden?

angela5
07-Jan-06, 17:07
I hate seeing thoughtless dog owners letting them poo in the swing parks.....
and not picking it up, the river side is also a bad area for poo, as well as dempster street,macaurther terrace in fact its almost everywhere.:eek:

Rheghead
07-Jan-06, 17:10
One of my pet hates is finding bags of dog do that has been left hung up somewhere on a gate or left lying on a park bench for someone else to clear up. It is ludicrous, they have the decency to pick it up but they can't be bothered to take it home or cross a road and pop it in the bin. I am sure they are the type of dog owner that have been shamed into picking up.

angela5
07-Jan-06, 17:13
One of my pet hates is finding bags of dog do that has been left hung up somewhere on a gate or left lying on a park bench for someone else to clear up. It is ludicrous, they have the decency to pick it up but they can't be bothered to take it home or cross a road and pop it in the bin. I am sure they are the type of dog owner that have been shamed into picking up.

On peoples garden gates has got to be the worst.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-06, 18:10
I live right on the street and I have to open my door and check the ground before letting the little ones out as they always walk right through it if someones dog has left a calling card at the door.Its not the dogs fault it only takes a momment to bend down and scoop it up I know my child did it out of curiosity one day bet the dog owner never thought that would happen when they thoughtlessly walked away.A friend of mine once saw someones dog leave its calling card and he ran out scooped it up followed the person home and dropped it at their door sayin 'I believe you forgot something this is yours I think' I laughed when he told me this.

angela5
07-Jan-06, 18:11
I live right on the street and I have to open my door and check the ground before letting the little ones out as they always walk right through it if someones dog has left a calling card at the door.Its not the dogs fault it only takes a momment to bend down and scoop it up I know my child did it out of curiosity one day bet the dog owner never thought that would happen when they thoughtlessly walked away.A friend of mine once saw someones dog leave its calling card and he ran out scooped it up followed the person home and dropped it at their door sayin 'I believe you forgot something this is yours I think' I laughed when he told me this.

maybe more of us should do this.

spiggie
07-Jan-06, 18:20
yea that would be funny lol. Its not just that tho i mean it can be dangerous for children to pick up the stuff as there is a fly that is attracted to the faeces which leaves its larve on it, if this is picked up by a human and there is contact with the eyes it can make you loose your eye sight.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-06, 18:42
There was contact not with the eye where do all little children put a lot of interesting things........I can hear you all going yuk.... I wasnt going to add that bit but its true I nearly vomitted there and then instead I had one mouth to clean out......not mine .

krieve
07-Jan-06, 19:02
There was contact not with the eye where do all little children put a lot of interesting things........I can hear you all going yuk.... I wasnt going to add that bit but its true I nearly vomitted there and then instead I had one mouth to clean out......not mine .
yuk yuk why do children do this lol

Saveman
07-Jan-06, 19:08
awwww.....don't start reading this thread when you're having your dinner....
actually if you're reading this post then its probably too late... ;)

angela5
07-Jan-06, 19:22
awwww.....don't start reading this thread when you're having your dinner....
actually if you're reading this post then its probably too late... ;)

I've just had mine yuk. This reminds me of when my son was 2 years old playing in the garden i went to check on him from the window he was sitting at the end of the garden with his hands clasped (moving motions), i went out shouting whats that you've got, as i got closer and realised he'd been playing with a dog dropping. awww i was just about sick there and then, the thought still makes me want to throw up.

ice box
08-Jan-06, 00:17
I've just had mine yuk. This reminds me of when my son was 2 years old playing in the garden i went to check on him from the window he was sitting at the end of the garden with his hands clasped (moving motions), i went out shouting whats that you've got, as i got closer and realised he'd been playing with a dog dropping. awww i was just about sick there and then, the thought still makes me want to throw up.
I take it thats were your name comes from lol haha

angela5
08-Jan-06, 01:56
I take it thats were your name comes from lol haha

haha i never thought about that now.

paris
08-Jan-06, 02:26
you saying about kids eating dog poo, well i remember my son eating one of thoes big brown slugs, that made me sick !!!

JAWS
08-Jan-06, 02:44
When my elder son was a toddler he came in from the garden holding half a worm with a very soggy end.
I still dread to think what happened to the other half. :confused:

Alice in Blunderland
08-Jan-06, 11:27
Sounds like our kids would give the celebrities in the jungle a good run for their money.lol

katarina
08-Jan-06, 11:37
We always pick up when we walk our dogs but what you find is that there is a lack of bins to get rid of the stuff so you end up carting it around with you.

What annoys me is that the wick council (bless them) have supplied bins and green bags at our favourite walking areas - the riverside, Newton forest, out past the lifeboat shed, yet it is very obvious by the mess left lying around that many dog owners don't even bother to use them. Th facilities are there - what excuse have they got?

angela5
08-Jan-06, 12:37
When my elder son was a toddler he came in from the garden holding half a worm with a very soggy end.
I still dread to think what happened to the other half. :confused:

funny worms seem to be yummy for the kids, yuk!

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 12:43
What annoys me is that the wick council (bless them) have supplied bins and green bags at our favourite walking areas - the riverside, Newton forest, out past the lifeboat shed, yet it is very obvious by the mess left lying around that many dog owners don't even bother to use them. Th facilities are there - what excuse have they got?Probably because most of the owners can't be bothered to even walk their dog that distance. The first grassy area usually does whether its at someones front door,kids play area, they don't seem to care!!

LENSMAN
08-Jan-06, 12:50
How do you control a dogs bowel movement?
They go when they need to, not hang on until they see a nice piece of grass with a bin beside it.
There is no excuse for people not picking up as I've said we always pick up after ours, but would like to more bins provied by the council(bless them).

angela5
08-Jan-06, 12:55
How do you control a dogs bowel movement?
They go when they need to, not hang on until they see a nice piece of grass with a bin beside it.
There is no excuse for people not picking up as I've said we always pick up after ours, but would like to more bins provied by the council(bless them).

More bins should be about there is'nt enough of them, it's not a dogs fault they can't control their bowel movements.Theres no excuse your right, lazy owners Grrrrr!

Karaoke Queen
08-Jan-06, 13:58
Its not so much lazy as downright ignorant

angela5
08-Jan-06, 14:01
Its not so much lazy as downright ignorant

Ignorant as well........ i would love to give a dog owner that does'nt pick up the mess a lovely big bin bag of kids shoes full of the stuff to clean.:eek:

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 14:05
Ignorant as well........ i would love to give a dog owner that does'nt pick up the mess a lovely big bin bag of kids shoes full of the stuff to clean.:eek:Oh YUK, theres nothing worse than trying to get it off your shoes!! These dog owners really should be getting prosecuted more often as a deterrent!!

katarina
08-Jan-06, 14:16
You never see it in the states or canada. There is an on the spot fine which is implemented. I know there is one here but does anyone know if it has ever been put into practice? It's the same with litter.

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 14:19
You never see it in the states or canada. There is an on the spot fine which is implemented. I know there is one here but does anyone know if it has ever been put into practice? It's the same with litter.I think I have seen it in the paper where someone was fined, but that was just once. I think it was outside the swimming pool and the owner didn't pick it up!!

Alice in Blunderland
08-Jan-06, 16:25
Its like a lot of things if more people were fined/prosecuted it would make them think twice beore walking away and leaving the mess behind.I have to say well done to those who pick up dog poo as once again its the few who spoil it by leaving it behind that ruin it for those who do comply and pick it up.

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 16:40
Doe's the same rules apply to people on horses? I'm sure a few years ago there was this woman who used to clean up after her horse. I don't think it was the same woman who kept the horse in the house though!!:confused:

Alice in Blunderland
08-Jan-06, 18:03
I dont Know Connie I know someone who used to take their horse for a walk into the village swing park where I lived and could not believe what I was seeing how nuts. I think that whoever you saw was being thoughtfull.

angela5
08-Jan-06, 21:53
Doe's the same rules apply to people on horses? I'm sure a few years ago there was this woman who used to clean up after her horse. I don't think it was the same woman who kept the horse in the house though!!:confused:

Well its not the woman i'm thinking of i remember seeing her horse drop its droppings outside the whisky distillery..she certainly never picked it up..yuk!

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 22:00
Well its not the woman i'm thinking of i remember seeing her horse drop its droppings outside the whisky distillery..she certainly never picked it up..yuk!im sure the one im thinking of used to be a teacher!!:confused:

melted_wellie
08-Jan-06, 22:01
Some one keeps on letting their dog do it right outside my gate and i'm not happy about it..I just keep waiting hoping to see who it is. People shouldn't have dogs if they can't clean up after them..i always let my dog do it outside my garden gate,cause i like to spend time when there is nothin on the telly watchin my neighbours slidin in it

angela5
08-Jan-06, 22:04
i always let my dog do it outside my garden gate,cause i like to spend time when there is nothin on the telly watchin my neighbours slidin in it

You should be letting your dog do it inside your garden gate..And then clean it up..you should be ashamed of yourself..if you are so bored you should go around the streets picking up all the dog mess..that would save people trodding in it..

connieb19
08-Jan-06, 22:05
i always let my dog do it outside my garden gate,cause i like to spend time when there is nothin on the telly watchin my neighbours slidin in itYou don't happen to live next to me do you don?:eek:

melted_wellie
08-Jan-06, 22:06
You should be letting your dog do it inside your garden gate..And then clean it up..you should be ashamed of yourself..if you are so bored you should go around the streets picking up all the dog mess..that would save people trodding in it..i sometimes do let the dog do it inside the garden just to watch the postie hop skip and jump his way to the letterbox

angela5
08-Jan-06, 23:01
i sometimes do let the dog do it inside the garden just to watch the postie hop skip and jump his way to the letterbox

If i knew where you lived i'd take around a bin bag of kids shoes full of the mucky stuff and watch you clean them with a toothpick.:mad:

cullbucket
08-Jan-06, 23:06
If you see someone letting their dog take a dump on the pavement, take a picture with your phone... that will get them thinking....

angela5
08-Jan-06, 23:07
If you see someone letting their dog take a dump on the pavement, take a picture with your phone... that will get them thinking....

I agree, more people should be doing this..about time people who don't pick up after their dogs were prosecuted, i've only heard of one case.

scrapydoo
08-Jan-06, 23:17
So you were the one that took a picture of me the other day iam not happy ! whats wrong i have to poo just like every body else .

scrapydoo
08-Jan-06, 23:29
I see some one cant take a joke more reps taken off and no names left .

ice box
08-Jan-06, 23:38
I see some one cant take a joke more reps taken off and no names left .
Haha that one was good i know how you feel scrappydoo they seem to do it to me to .

angela5
09-Jan-06, 00:07
When will the message get through to some about clearing up after their dog? i know a lot of dog owners who clean up after them and a few individuals spoil this by leaving it on our pavements and in our parks.

We try to teach our children to keep our streets clean putting their crisp packet's and empty juice bottles in the bins provided. What message is giving out to them when they have gone a stood in a pile of dogs dirt.

The highland council supply free bags to dog owners to pick up their mess.

Whitewater
09-Jan-06, 01:09
i always let my dog do it outside my garden gate,cause i like to spend time when there is nothin on the telly watchin my neighbours slidin in it

I must admit I had a laugh at this, but you really have to clean up after your dog, there is nothing worse than standing of sliding in it.

Chillie
09-Jan-06, 11:41
i sometimes do let the dog do it inside the garden just to watch the postie hop skip and jump his way to the letterbox

I don't thing that is very funny infact disgusting, if I was your postie i wolud rub all your letters in it first then put them through the letter box (wearing gloves of course) see how you wolud like it.

Alli
09-Jan-06, 12:24
I have a neighbour who continually let his dogs foul outside our house,I do have my camera ready for the "Poo Shot" and once I get it I will take it to the police. What makes this worse is when I confronted the neighbour in question about it, he was totally in denial. He said that it wasn't his dogs.Well it is his dogs as I have seen them previously, but haven't quite caught them in the act. I even told the police that I would post the dog mess back through his letter box and was quickly informed if I did carry out this act I would more than likely get prosecuted.
I have even spoke to the council about this and they say get a photo and then they will do something about it. I was under the impression we have a dog warden in Wick and for some absurd reason thought it was part of his job to catch offending dog owners.
I, like many others are fed up with cleaning paths, doorsteps, shoes, carpets etc.
And whats even worse, if it does snow then you have no idea where the poo is until there's a thaw!
We don't allow our children to litter the streets so why should we stand for this, and further more I have seen people peeing in the street at the weekend and they get lifted for it.

Surely with the town centre now having CCTV the police can catch the offenders?

It's about time our councilors did something about this so I suggest it's pen to paper and write to them about this on going unfriendly enviromental issue to see if they can come up with a solution.

paris
09-Jan-06, 12:55
someone where we lived many years ago had a standard poodle which came into our garden every time to have a poo. ( it was all open plan )we asked the owner if he could WATCH his dog when he let it out instead of just letting the dog out. he got very abusive and threatened all sorts of things. Well my hubby got so fed up with this and scooped it up on a shovel and put it on the bonnet of his car ! Must admit there were a few harsh words said about it but he didnt let the dog do it again.

Chillie
09-Jan-06, 13:00
I sympathize with you Ali I hope you catch the dirty dog/s and thier vile owners.
yes we do have a dog warden in brand new yellow van and whenever i take a run out by the trinkie there he is sitting in his van reading his paper what is he hoping to catch a dog doing a poo in the pool.:rolleyes:

angela5
09-Jan-06, 14:03
I have a neighbour who continually let his dogs foul outside our house,I do have my camera ready for the "Poo Shot" and once I get it I will take it to the police. What makes this worse is when I confronted the neighbour in question about it, he was totally in denial. He said that it wasn't his dogs.Well it is his dogs as I have seen them previously, but haven't quite caught them in the act. I even told the police that I would post the dog mess back through his letter box and was quickly informed if I did carry out this act I would more than likely get prosecuted.
I have even spoke to the council about this and they say get a photo and then they will do something about it. I was under the impression we have a dog warden in Wick and for some absurd reason thought it was part of his job to catch offending dog owners.
I, like many others are fed up with cleaning paths, doorsteps, shoes, carpets etc.
And whats even worse, if it does snow then you have no idea where the poo is until there's a thaw!
We don't allow our children to litter the streets so why should we stand for this, and further more I have seen people peeing in the street at the weekend and they get lifted for it.

Surely with the town centre now having CCTV the police can catch the offenders?

It's about time our councilors did something about this so I suggest it's pen to paper and write to them about this on going unfriendly enviromental issue to see if they can come up with a solution.

I was thinking the same cctv should catch out some of the owners who don't pick up, pity there was'nt a camera in every street.
Hope you get a picture of your neighbours dog doing its poo and something is done about it.
As for our dog warden i have'nt set eyes on that man for over a year.

Thats also true many a drunk person peeing in the street has been charged and fined, some don't get caught around 2 month ago a school teacher was standing on the service bridge as bold as you like peeing in the river.. yuk!

jay
09-Jan-06, 14:26
I came out of the house the other night to find a woman allowing her two dogs to "use" the grass in my garden, when I shouted across to say I hope she was going to clean it up she became quite abusive, but basically saying she had every intention of cleaning it up, I replied that she should find somewhere else to go instead of my garden and she didn't like it - okay maybe she was going to clean it up ( being generous!) and maybe I could have reacted better but I don't think she had any right at all to use my garden - the dogs weren't even on leads!

katarina
09-Jan-06, 17:24
She had no right to use your garden. Even if she did clean it up, unless it was very firm, there will always be a residue left. If the dogs had worms, children can pick up infections from the ground the poo sat on - or did she have her bottle of disinfectant with her?

melted_wellie
09-Jan-06, 23:46
I was thinking the same cctv should catch out some of the owners who don't pick up, pity there was'nt a camera in every street.
Hope you get a picture of your neighbours dog doing its poo and something is done about it.
As for our dog warden i have'nt set eyes on that man for over a year.

Thats also true many a drunk person peeing in the street has been charged and fined, some don't get caught around 2 month ago a school teacher was standing on the service bridge as bold as you like peeing in the river.. yuk!what was her name??????

spiggie
10-Jan-06, 11:15
what was her name??????

obviously it would be a bloke, anyway you are not meant to mention names!

shrek_donkey
10-Jan-06, 11:40
yesterday when i was out i saw some all over the pavement outside someone gate it was horrible that bad i thought i was going to be sick. I will not be going that way to day.

Whitewater
10-Jan-06, 12:38
This debate could possibly run forever. Not cleaning up after dogs is a definite health hazard.

I recall some time ago in Wick when a young boy (I think he was about 5 at the time) began to loose the sight of one of his eyes, he was taken to hospital and had to have his eye removed because of irrepairable damage caused by a tape worm which was found in the back of his eye, it could only have been picked up from dog dirt. This young boy has had to have a glass for the rest of his life because somebody did not clean up after their dog.

I can't name him here but his father worked as a medical technition in the Central Hospital. This happened in the mid 70s, the family left the area not too long after that.

Julia
10-Jan-06, 13:10
I have an on-going problem of dogs pooing in my driveway! I've managed to stop one offender (he used to just let his huge dog wander ever morning to find a suitable poo-site himself) It took two trips to the council but it worked!

I now have another neighbour doing the same thing, I tried speaking to him about it but all I got was a nasty verbal assault. First chance I get I will be visiting the council, it's the only way to stop the offending dog owners.

I did catch someone letting their dog poo across the street from my house, I waited and watched to see if they would clear it up and when they didn't I offered a poo-bag, I expected a negative response, but no they dutifully cleaned it up, how nice it is to be wrong sometimes!

I don't think many dog-owners realise that you can get free poo-bags from the Council service point

Now at this point you may be wondering why do I not keep the gates of my driveway closed, well I don't have any gates and I live in a council property, I've asked for a set of gates but they were refused! I know this is an unrelated topic but does anyone know if I am actually entitled to gates from the council as other rented houses in my street have them.

angela5
10-Jan-06, 14:42
Not cleaning up after dogs is a definite health hazard.

I recall some time ago in Wick when a young boy (I think he was about 5 at the time) began to loose the sight of one of his eyes, he was taken to hospital and had to have his eye removed because of irrepairable damage caused by a tape worm which was found in the back of his eye, it could only have been picked up from dog dirt. This young boy has had to have a glass for the rest of his life because somebody did not clean up after their dog.

That is dreadfull more dog owners should be made aware of this and not be so manky.

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 15:56
This debate could possibly run forever. Not cleaning up after dogs is a definite health hazard.

I can't name him here but his father worked as a medical technition in the Central Hospital. This happened in the mid 70s, the family left the area not too long after that.I hope this will make some folk stop and take heed...peole know but either they just don't care or don't believe how dangerous it is!!

connieb19
10-Jan-06, 16:01
I have an on-going problem of dogs pooing in my driveway! I've managed to stop one offender (he used to just let his huge dog wander ever morning to find a suitable poo-site himself) It took two trips to the council but it worked!

I now have another neighbour doing the same thing, I tried speaking to him about it but all I got was a nasty verbal assault. First chance I get I will be visiting the council, it's the only way to stop the offending dog owners.

I did catch someone letting their dog poo across the street from my house, I waited and watched to see if they would clear it up and when they didn't I offered a poo-bag, I expected a negative response, but no they dutifully cleaned it up, how nice it is to be wrong sometimes!

I don't think many dog-owners realise that you can get free poo-bags from the Council service point

Now at this point you may be wondering why do I not keep the gates of my driveway closed, well I don't have any gates and I live in a council property, I've asked for a set of gates but they were refused! I know this is an unrelated topic but does anyone know if I am actually entitled to gates from the council as other rented houses in my street have them.Julia I had the same problem as you..I live in a council house too, everyone else in the street has gates but because I put the driveway in myself, the council wont gave me gates. I have now bought my own, which wasn't cheap but the dogs still do it just outside the gate...Grrr..it's so madening!!

Loafer
26-Jan-06, 22:32
Just got back from a lovely visit to our exquisite Sommerfields and stood right in a pile of it outside the car in front of the house. This really get's my gander up. I have never seen stray dogs around here, so it must have been on a lead/out for a walk with it's scumball owner. This has happened a few times recently, I am waiting till he/she passes and their innocent mutt does it again, I won't be responsible for my actions.

When I was a wee boy, I ended up in hospital with a very nasty case of gastro entiritis and the doctors put it down to dog dirt. I lost 3 stone in weight (I wasn't the smallest of loons, but I didn't have that much to lose!) and was poorly for a long time. Going by a previous comment, I got off lucky compared to the poor laddie that lost his eyesight.

If there are any dog owners are reading this and don't "scoop the poop" then start NOW, it's your duty to your dog and more importantly to the public who have to put up with this.

The Loafer

Mr Sensitive
28-Jan-06, 02:03
It's true then. Ye are all back on ee dog poo. Ma mate Cheemag Mackay fae thursa tellt me at a couple of weeks ago but ah didna get arroond til lookin till e now. Glad ah dinna liv in Week now lik. Was doon in Brighton at e weekend. Stayin wi a mate in Hove. E streets is covered in dog poo ere too. Was choost lik bein back in Week lik.

Aye aye til all ma mates in Week, I'll be back up next weekend for 5 days. See ye in e Camps biys. ;)

connieb19
28-Jan-06, 02:08
It's true then. Ye are all back on ee dog poo. Ma mate Cheemag Mackay fae thursa tellt me at a couple of weeks ago but ah didna get arroond til lookin till e now. Glad ah dinna liv in Week now lik. Was doon in Brighton at e weekend. Stayin wi a mate in Hove. E streets is covered in dog poo ere too. Was choost lik bein back in Week lik.

Aye aye til all ma mates in Week, I'll be back up next weekend for 5 days. See ye in e Camps biys. ;)Yur lucky..I only have 2 days in my weekend..lol:eyes

jings00
28-Jan-06, 16:56
Yeh, it is manky when folk don't pick up their dogs doo. I pick my dog's up, handy in winter cos it can warm yer hand up holdin it in the baggie (ha ha).
Frasers in Thurso offer free poop scoop bags, as does the Ormlie Community Office, the vets, Council Offices. I have seen myself offering other dog owners a baggie if I see them lettin their dog poop and it disny look like they are going to pick it up. I do agree though, there should be more bins available for depositing said jobbies, quite often I am a good half hour into my walk before gettin to dispose of it in a bin.

Alice in Blunderland
28-Jan-06, 17:50
Yes we have a big problem with some dog owners not picking up their dogs poo.If we have more bins that would be good but as the saying goes "you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink" I feel the same old offenders will carry on leaving their dogs calling card.Hitting them with fines and using the cash to provide the extra bins now that would soon make them start picking up their dogs poo no-one likes to be hit hard with a fine.

wilma
28-Jan-06, 18:30
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it makes me mad when dogs do there do do in my garden when i have spent time looking after it grrrrrrr

grantyg
28-Jan-06, 19:13
Have you noticed how you don`t get white dog poo any more??

Right here we go time to put my self under fire.............
Dog mess is disgusting and there for dog owners should be taxed to pay for the clean up - it is not just the code brown but the yellow water too - if I had a pound for every time a dog squirted up my car.

As a kite flyer we get this all the time at st andrews a dog widdles on a kite costing £300 + the kite stinks and all the owners seem to find it funny - GRRRRRRRRR
[mad] [evil]
The owners should and need to be more responsible when I confronted an owner at st andrews he merely said well they are of superior intelligence you never see them standing in human poo do you! Thats because there isn`t 50 tons of human poo per square mile muppet!

anyway BROWN tax is the way forward.

But I tell you what annoys me more is the fact that you can get fined as a dog owner for your dog dumping in the street but horse owners no they get away with leaving something that resembles a brown sea lion on the path/road/beach!

Maybe this would help
http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/006656.php