PDA

View Full Version : Drinking

TRUCKER
17-Sep-08, 21:24
I see a new report has said that there is 9 groups of drinkers.they are depressed drinkers- de-stress drinkers- rebonding drinkers- conformist drinkers -community drinkers- boredom drinkers- macho drinkers- hedonistic drinkers- and border dependents. Does anyone see them selves as any of this group. I would say that i am a community drinker.

wifie
17-Sep-08, 21:27
I will join yer community Trucker! :) BTW what is a rebonding drinker - they stopped drinking and are now bonding with it again? :confused

floyed
17-Sep-08, 21:27
I would say i am pretty much all of them, except the macho one:lol:

mccaugm
17-Sep-08, 21:28
I see a new report has said that there is 9 groups of drinkers.they are depressed drinkers- de-stress drinkers- rebonding drinkers- conformist drinkers -community drinkers- boredom drinkers- macho drinkers- hedonistic drinkers- and border dependents. Does anyone see them selves as any of this group. I would say that i am a community drinker.

Well I rarely drink and even then its a few glasses of vino so not sure which category I conform to.

pink
17-Sep-08, 21:30
I am def a de stress and a community drinker Although any excuss will do hehe

joxville
17-Sep-08, 21:32
I'm not in it, I'm a non-drinker.

percy toboggan
17-Sep-08, 21:33
I'm a drinker of habit though quantity varies. I sunk one bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale before tea tonight. Quite happy to stick at one, especially as the beggar cost me £1.79p. I consider the quoted report to be useless, and tells us nothing of note. As many women drink as men so why are there no 'whatever the opposite of macho is' drinkers?

Lolabelle
17-Sep-08, 21:35
I don't drink anymore, but was definately a hedonistic drinker, I am still a hedonist, I love self indulgence, but am trying to for self control :Razz

Angela
17-Sep-08, 21:39
I thought it was interesting.

I've certainly been a de-stress drinker and a depressed drinker at different times in my life and now I'm not a drinker at all!:)

golach
17-Sep-08, 21:43
I would say I am a social drinker, don't like drinking alone, care to join me in the Org Bar? Jox and wifie are on the bell [lol]

joxville
17-Sep-08, 21:53
I would say I am a social drinker, don't like drinking alone, care to join me in the Org Bar? Jox and wifie are on the bell [lol]

Yeah, I remembered to bring my boxing gloves. [lol]

wifie
17-Sep-08, 21:55
Yeah, I remembered to bring my boxing gloves. [lol]
I'm not violent (not even when drinking!).

scorrie
17-Sep-08, 22:03
I mostly drink as a form of relaxation, particularly after a stressful event. I did the Macho drinker thing, i.e. ridiculous quantities and combinations one after the other only once, when I was 18, and that put me off that style of drinking for life. A lot more sedate now but I still take a "scoop" on the odd occasion

teenybash
17-Sep-08, 22:48
Mmmmm...don't know where I fit....ain't bovvered, off to the pub.;)

Angel
17-Sep-08, 22:59
Each of these groups have bought me a drink to encourage me to rejoin them, but I am so far gone its dufficelt to mook the dessission thingy...

Angel

hotrod4
18-Sep-08, 06:27
I am more of a de-stresser, I only take a drammie after being o the org as its so stressful as do other orgers!!;)
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s337/jinxd_2008/bird.jpg

balto
18-Sep-08, 07:47
well i am proud to say i am a non drinker, with 3 kids and 1 on the way i have more important things to do with my money.

justine
18-Sep-08, 09:56
im a non drinker so thats me out aswell.

psyberyeti
19-Sep-08, 22:00
I did not drink very often, and not to excess as I am anybody's after a pint.[disgust]

BUT, I've discovered that gin appears to get rid of my headaches - I can only do this in the evening as that sort of medication is not allowed at work.

I think I'll go and have another....:cool:

So I don't think I fit into the category's above either. I'm interminably chirpy - my glass is always half-full; oh, thanks, I'll have the same again ;-) hic

dook
20-Sep-08, 17:40

They've missed out extreme drinking. Drinking beer whilst hang gliding under a shark. I'm certain that happened to me once.

blowfish
20-Sep-08, 19:46
im a non drinker so thats me out aswell.

they say heavy drinkers hide their drinking away and deny they have drink problem. obviously i'm not suggesting you are. just a thought that some people may not admit to any category

dook
20-Sep-08, 20:04
they say heavy drinkers hide their drinking away and deny they have drink problem. obviously i'm not suggesting you are. just a thought that some people may not admit to any category

Bit rude asking what weight someone is. Real drinkers are really skinny. Like me

balto
20-Sep-08, 21:06
thankfully some of us dont need to drink as justine said, i for one have seen the misery that living with a heavy drinker causes and it has put me of totally.

Welcomefamily
20-Sep-08, 22:22
I like a nice cup of tea any day.

Occasional bottle or two of red wine or a large malt. I have also been known to have the occasional pint of Cider, Lager, or Brown Ale. Now and again I might have a large WKD moment in the form of a large bottle and I like a nice glass of port with cheese at supper time or may be a brandy. In summers long Rums or Morgans Spiced makes a pleasant change so does the occasional After Shot.

But otherwise I dont drink.

joxville
20-Sep-08, 22:59
I like a nice cup of tea any day.

Occasional bottle or two of red wine or a large malt. I have also been known to have the occasional pint of Cider, Lager, or Brown Ale. Now and again I might have a large WKD moment in the form of a large bottle and I like a nice glass of port with cheese at supper time or may be a brandy. In summers long Rums or Morgans Spiced makes a pleasant changed so does the occasional After Shot.

But otherwise I dont drink.

Yeah, and I only breathe occassionally [lol]

Welcomefamily
20-Sep-08, 23:16
Aye sensible drinking, one at a time.

wifie
20-Sep-08, 23:18
Dunno if it is that sensible - look what it has done to you! :eek: (avatar)

Welcomefamily
20-Sep-08, 23:22
Its my new clinical trail for an anti aging drug, my mum seems to think there working.

wifie
20-Sep-08, 23:27
Anti-aging are you sure they are not age regressing?

Welcomefamily
20-Sep-08, 23:31
Sorry for the delay in the reply but I couldnt get any one to move my highchair nearer the computer. :lol:

Anne x
20-Sep-08, 23:34
Avatar gone from Flying Birds to Body Building Dancing Birds ah well maybe I need that Tonic any prescripts ?

Welcomefamily
20-Sep-08, 23:44
You forgot quiet mice, exploding earths, I just hope that people see it as an expression of computer art,
Dont worry, when clinical trails finish, I will make it available to the org.