PDA

View Full Version : Rumster TV mast

barmar62
17-Sep-08, 19:51
Can anyone tell me what all the work is for at Rumster forest mast, and also what the helicopter is doing??

jimbews
17-Sep-08, 20:01
Can anyone tell me what all the work is for at Rumster forest mast, and also what the helicopter is doing??

Check out the Freeview Problem topic:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=57308

JimBews

Stargazer
17-Sep-08, 21:10
Could be installing digital radio. Topic of a thread from August. Said they would be using a helicopter, although November was quoted.

Fran
18-Sep-08, 00:12
There are a lot of helicopters ....Bristows....doing a circle around Wick in training.

pat
18-Sep-08, 10:35
Are they installing the equipment for digital tv?

There are people here in Western Isles preparing the mast and equipment for digital tv - so may be the same in Caithness.
Mast needs more stabilisers or something like that before the dangerous work of putting the equipment up on top of the mast.

Maybe that is what the work is all about - why not ask the folk working, sure they will give you an answer.

barmar62
18-Sep-08, 11:06
Thanks for all the info, (thought I'd stumbled on a secret rendevous between MI5 and whoever, deep in the forest!) What a let down!
Don't think asking the guys working is a good idea as I had already ignored all the signs to 'keep out'.
( :roll:"Curiosty killed the cat":roll:)