PDA

View Full Version : Thurso 99p shop

young
17-Sep-08, 18:24
Is this shop opening back up again as today i noticed the workers in stacking the shelves back up???

dirtywicker
17-Sep-08, 18:33
yes was talking to the man who bought it & they are opening it & the one in wick both as 99p shops again

bingo1
17-Sep-08, 18:37
good i cant wait as it is quite handy and good as xmas is coming for bits and bobs.

Ash
17-Sep-08, 19:40
cool im happy :D

balto
17-Sep-08, 19:51
the way the country is going a shop like that will now thrive, but to be honest i will be really pushed to go to it, as at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

pink
17-Sep-08, 21:53
Was never in it much but it was always handy for some things . I am glad it is being used again though . Who knows how long it would have stood empty for !!

ett23
17-Sep-08, 23:03
My hubby spoke to some of the staff at the 99p shop in Thurso and they are hoping to open it up on Monday morning. Good news!! :)

I hated seeing it lying empty......

purplelady
17-Sep-08, 23:06
that is good missed the one in wick was so handy never saw any adverts for staff mind you

dirtywicker
17-Sep-08, 23:07
they are looking for full & part time staff
dont know how u apply though

ett23
17-Sep-08, 23:17

As far as I know the shop in Thurso is keeping the same staff but are one short. Not sure if it's a full or part time position. Best to enquire at the shop - they'll be glad to give you more information.

fudge100
18-Sep-08, 21:38
great news,realy miss it when it's not there.

arana negra
18-Sep-08, 22:22
I used to shop for paper envelopes etc in them, good value for money they were. One in Perth was full of interesting things but yes you have to watch what you buy.

purplelady
18-Sep-08, 23:02
are they wonder how you apply

Loch not Lock
19-Sep-08, 09:03
Good news - hope it is Poundland, who moved into the old Index premises in Inverness - great shop.:)

Moonboots
19-Sep-08, 10:36
I noticed Kamal in the shop so i think its his shop.

Looks like its going to be a good shop tho.

Loch not Lock
19-Sep-08, 13:10
I noticed Kamal in the shop so i think its his shop.

Looks like its going to be a good shop tho.
Please be wrong, Moonboots.:~(

balto
19-Sep-08, 13:12
Please be wrong, Moonboots.:~(
i was going to make a comment similar but thought i better not, glad i am not the only one to think this way, i will give the shops year before they shut again.