PDA

View Full Version : Best nights sleep for years

Ashes
07-Jan-06, 12:19
Ive just had the best nights sleep for years, I changed my bed after a lot of persuading from the wife. We had a water bed for about 17 years and every time one of us moved it disurbed the other, so we bought a new memory foam 2000 sprung King size divan. I woke up this morning in the same position as I went to spleep.
Kind regards Ashes:D :D :D

Lavenderblue2
07-Jan-06, 12:44
I was delighted to hear of your great nights sleep Ashes - I am sure you feel on top of the world today - there is nothing to beat a good nights sleep.

I wonder what make your bed is? I have been looking into these beds and the Tempur one runs into thousands - my husband would have a fit! However, I do fancy a memory foam mattress and would be interested to hear about your one.

LB

krieve
07-Jan-06, 12:57
I was delighted to hear of your great nights sleep Ashes - I am sure you feel on top of the world today - there is nothing to beat a good nights sleep.

I wonder what make your bed is? I have been looking into these beds and the Tempur one runs into thousands - my husband would have a fit! However, I do fancy a memory foam mattress and would be interested to hear about your one.

LB
My parents have just bought one of these mattress and pillows and they say its the most comfortable bed that they have ever had. I sat on it and when you stand up it just goes back to it's normal shape.

unicorn
07-Jan-06, 17:33
I bought one of these a couple of months ago hubby loves it but I still cant get used to it but we bought a super orthopaedic one.

Gus
07-Jan-06, 21:10
Hi,

We're just about to buy a Kubivent memory thingy mattress. These are the German equivalent of Tempur mattresses (see www.sleep-better-with-kubivent.co.uk/) and also cost a small fortune.

However, they are available from the Kubivent UK distributor on eBay, of all places, at about half the price plus delivery.

I'm waiting for an email from the mannie there to tell me about any extra shipping costs involved in coming up to Caithness and, if any of you show interest, will pass it on when I know.

I need to sleep and the sofa has suffered since we moved onto it. We have high hopes for a new mattress...

phoenix
07-Jan-06, 22:03
We bought one of these memory thingy mattresses last year from the Kiln Store in Thurso, theyre maybe not top of the range but it beats sleeping on top of a load of coiled springs. Been having much better sleeps, hubby loves it, we bought an orthopaedic one which is quite hard, one side is for the summer months {keeps one cool} the other side is for the winter months {keeps one warm}. Comfisan is the make and comes with a 12yr Guarantee. If I remember rightly I think we paid £199 for it. They are brilliant, best thing weve bought in ages. I would highly recommend them to anyone whos thinking of getting one:} It does take a bit of getting used to though, you kind of get withdrawl symptoms for the old coiled spring mattress.............not sure why though:}

phoenix
07-Jan-06, 22:36
I stand corrected our mattress doesnt have a memory:{ Its a Reflex Polyurethane Mattress......no springs.........Its still brilliant though:}

Liz
08-Jan-06, 00:12
I got a Memory Foam Mattress from Ebay at a fraction of the price of Tempur and it is brilliant! This combined with sheets, pillow and duvet from Northern Nights (QVC) gives a great nights sleep!:D

sassylass
08-Jan-06, 22:40
We invested in a Tempurpedic mattress and I am sooooo glad we did. Hubby is twice my size and I don't feel him roll over. Nothing like a good night's sleep!

jay
09-Jan-06, 22:28
we also bought one of the foam type mattresses from the Kiln store - we've had it about a year now and it's still like new. I've went from getting very little sleep and a sore back everyday to having a great sleep and not a twinge. It did however take about a fortnight to get used to it! would highly recommend it tho!