PDA

View Full Version : Would you lie about your age?

mccaugm
17-Sep-08, 16:35
Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger has admitted she's older than her fans might have believed.
The singer was thought to be 28, but revealed that she recently celebrated her 30th birthday.
This makes her seven years older than her boyfriend, 23-year-old F1 star Lewis Hamilton.
But she's not the only star who's been telling fibs about their birthdays.
Anastacia came out recently to admit she's been lying about her age throughout her career.
She is in fact 40 - six years older than her stage age of 34.

I am 37 and don't care who knows it, its my age.

unicorn
17-Sep-08, 16:37
No point lying the kids always out you :roll:

Alice in Blunderland
17-Sep-08, 16:45
Too right I would lie about my age ;)

Today I happen to be 21 ................................ with twenty years experience of life......................................:cool:

As said before though the kids are my downfall lovely handmade cards with my age all over the front of them .I ask you is nothing sacred.

teenybash
17-Sep-08, 16:50
Why yes of course I would.....;) :p :rolleyes:

Sapphire2803
17-Sep-08, 16:50
Why would I lie? I'm only 22.... Have been for years ;)

Julia
17-Sep-08, 16:58
I have and do lie about my age but if asked outright I tell the truth, the good thing is that nobody ever thinks I am as old as I really am :D

hotrod4
17-Sep-08, 17:15
You are only as old as you feel........ and she's 5 years younger than me!!! ;)

justine
17-Sep-08, 17:24
You are only as old as you feel........ and she's 5 years younger than me!!! ;)

and im 2 years behind that.
No point in lying about it, although i dont look my tender age of 21.:D

Kathy@watten
17-Sep-08, 17:36
Well as for ages I always fibbed that I was older than I am but now having reached the milestone that is 29 find folk no longer believe me re age and they assume I am older...that'll teach me! not looking forward to the big 30 next year!

Gizmo
17-Sep-08, 18:05
Nah...i have no problem being 156 and think i look pretty good for my age ;)

floyed
17-Sep-08, 18:10
Nope!:roll:

Kevin Milkins
17-Sep-08, 18:53
Age came up in conversation with some friends ,and I was asked my age.
It took a while for me to work it out.:confused
I think if you can't remember how old you are ,you are proberbly beyond redemtion anyway.:(

hotrod4
17-Sep-08, 19:00
Depends, are we talking ones true age or their T'Internet age, theres a difference! In real life I am an old man but on T'internet I am a young fit happy chappy!!

balto
17-Sep-08, 19:48
absolutly no point in lying about your age, but i know a few people that do, and they are all older than me, reckon they should be growing old gracefully.

speedo215
17-Sep-08, 21:54
no point i'm 22 so i don't see the point in lying as it could well come back to haunt you

Tighsonas4
17-Sep-08, 21:55
cant see any point in lying about my age.we are all a number maybe
but most of the powers that be have our age anyway
at 82 i have a fair idea dvla sitting driving tests insurance maybe £20 more and if your calling a hospital its the first thing they ask
was born good looking so cant help that lol tony

Lolabelle
17-Sep-08, 21:59
One year I got muddled up and told everyone I was turning 48, I got lovely compliments about not looking it, only problem was that I was turning 38! Dave was turning 48, not me. I forget we aren't the same age :eek:

PS, I'm turning 43 this year, and loving it. I am much happier in my 40's than I ever was in my 20's, so why even pretend to go back there!

wifie
17-Sep-08, 21:59
Never lie about my age but doesn't mean I have to be happy about it! [disgust]
In my heid tho I am 25 - I will keep believin that and just not look in the mirror! :)

joxville
17-Sep-08, 22:03
I don't mind admitting to being 27.

wifie
17-Sep-08, 22:05
But what do you mind admitting to? [lol]

liz19
17-Sep-08, 22:05
you're the same age as me 29 i've been there for a couple of years now it's great :lol: I've lied about my age so much even my kids get confused when they're asked :lol: i have to say i get confused at times myself [lol]
Well as for ages I always fibbed that I was older than I am but now having reached the milestone that is 29 find folk no longer believe me re age and they assume I am older...that'll teach me! not looking forward to the big 30 next year!

joxville
17-Sep-08, 22:12

But what do you mind admitting to? [lol]

Erm..............43.:(

Jayster
17-Sep-08, 22:32
yea why not? [evil]

teenybash
17-Sep-08, 22:46
Welcome Jayster...............look forward to your posts.:)

Angel
17-Sep-08, 23:02
I am whatever age you feel I am... and far younger than my body...

Angel

ett23
17-Sep-08, 23:14
A friend of mine likes to repeat a catchphrase if anyone brings up the subject of age: "I'm 7 and a half.......I'm just really tall for my age......!"
Actually he's 35 but mentally he's telling the truth! :roll:

Sporran
18-Sep-08, 06:37
I don't feel the need to lie about my age. I'll be 53 this year and I'm proud of it. Most people who meet me think I'm younger than I am, though. My profile pic was taken just a few months before I turned 50. If anybody asks my age, I tell them the truth.

I was 7 when the Beatles started rising to fame in the UK, 8 when John Kennedy was assassinated, and 9 when Sir Winston Churchill died. I can remember it all very clearly, and I'm not embarrassed to admit it.

router
18-Sep-08, 15:51
nope 45 and look like 65!

Dadie
18-Sep-08, 18:35
hmmmn Its been inbred in us to lie about our age from our parents .... so we could get in for 1/2 price or free when we were little by knocking off a year or 2..... then when we were older by adding a year or 2 to get into the pubs or the cinema....

Sandra_B
18-Sep-08, 18:45
No, I don't see the point in lying about your age.

I'm 45

Angela
18-Sep-08, 18:59
I don't think I ever have or ever would. I remember being quite upset to discover my Mum had knocked five years off her age and I was 14 before I stumbled on her secret. I didn't mind how old she was, but I did hate the fact she'd pretended to be younger.:(

I'm 56....there, that didn't hurt, did it?;)

dook
18-Sep-08, 19:23
There's no point in lying.

I'm 136.

rockchick
18-Sep-08, 20:12
Lie about my age? Not since I've been old enough to get into bars...and now that my kids are old enough to drink legally (well, two of them, anyways) I have to admit I just LOVE that dazed look people get when they find out how old I really am, as apparently I don't look it at all. Which is really cool (for as long as it lasts, which won't be forever!).

psyberyeti
18-Sep-08, 20:36
I lie about my age. I tell people that I am nearly fifty, when actually I'm only 49 and a bit. Sorry.:cool:

Beat Bug
19-Sep-08, 00:36
When I was a kid, my mum was ALWAYS 21, and my dad was always 50! They were the same age every birthday!!