PDA

View Full Version : Best dog wormer

teenybash
16-Sep-08, 23:39
My two old girls are shortly due for worming. I usually use Drontal but, found the last couple of times my big girl wasn't too well for a couple of days. Are there any gentle wormers that won't upset her or even one that by passes the stomach altogether. All advice welcome................:)

kriklah
17-Sep-08, 07:37
i knew id seen something but the only one i can find is not much help to you , but ask at the vet just in case.......bob martin make a spot on treatment for cats, and only treats tapeworm. however, the vets may know of one for dogs so worth asking.

ciggietime
28-Sep-08, 15:30
Crikes, I know what you mean re Drontal upsetting dog's stomachs. We used it last time and never again! Milbumax (or something sounding like that) is very gentle on dog's stomachs. Ask your vet for that.

'housework doesn't kill but why take the risk?'

landy
28-Sep-08, 17:45
hi,i always use milbamax too,prefer it over others

unicornleather
28-Sep-08, 18:44
I use Milbemax, as Drontal also affects my Lurcher's tummy , my other dogs weren't too keen on Drontal either and went off their food.
:)

jockyplunck
29-Sep-08, 20:13
panacure has always been a good wormer in my experience. i have never heard of it upsetting the dogs digestive system and it is east to use just sprinkle on thei food.