PDA

View Full Version : Pets at home - Does any one know!!!

dawncw
16-Sep-08, 20:42
Hi does anyone know what happens when a fish you buy from the pet shop dies a few days later? I still have the receipt that they tell you to keep but do you have to take the dead fish back into the shop?

We've never had a new fish die before so have no idea what we are meant to do!!

If anyone can advise thatd be great.

Thanks

Julia
16-Sep-08, 20:48
Neepnipper (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?u=1229) is the person to ask....

AFAIK if it's within 7 days take the fishie back with a sample of your tank water.

andyd
16-Sep-08, 21:40
I bought a rabbit there it died 7 days later took it to the vet and everything. Went back with and and got 2 guinea pigs for the rabbit and the vets bill paid. take it back explain wot happened and they should give you a replacment.

neepnipper
16-Sep-08, 21:56
Hi! I'm here now!
If you could bring the dead fish back (if you can't get in straight away then pop it in a bag in the freezer) and also bring in a water sample from your tank (about 1/2 jam jar full), if your water tests ok the fish will be replaced straight away or if the water does not test ok we'll tell you what to do to get it right and once it tests ok we'll replace the fish then for you.

Hope this answers your question.

porshiepoo
17-Sep-08, 08:35
My OH had the weirdest experience at Pets at Home when he went in to buy fish.
He bough 5 gold fish and Shubunkin for our extremely large pond (more like mini lake) and one of the women really did not want him to have 5. She kept going on about the size of the pond and she wasn't sure if it was big enough! :eek: Despite the fact that it's a million times bigger than the tank they were kept in in store. Eventually, after phone calls (yep!) and printing out some sort of internet information (seriously) he was allowed to fill in the pages upon pages of forms (that's what it seems like) and take them home.
Baffled we were!!!!!

Anyways, they're still alive so alls well!

dawncw
17-Sep-08, 10:26
Thanks for all the advice. just on our way to the store now.

justine
18-Sep-08, 10:21
My OH had the weirdest experience at Pets at Home when he went in to buy fish.
He bough 5 gold fish and Shubunkin for our extremely large pond (more like mini lake) and one of the women really did not want him to have 5. She kept going on about the size of the pond and she wasn't sure if it was big enough! :eek: Despite the fact that it's a million times bigger than the tank they were kept in in store. Eventually, after phone calls (yep!) and printing out some sort of internet information (seriously) he was allowed to fill in the pages upon pages of forms (that's what it seems like) and take them home.
Baffled we were!!!!!

Anyways, they're still alive so alls well!

As annoying as it may seem, it is company policy.My oh has his gold fish and i have my tropical and well all have to follow the rules when buying fish, not just because its how the store is run, but for the health of the fish.

porshiepoo
18-Sep-08, 10:39
As annoying as it may seem, it is company policy.My oh has his gold fish and i have my tropical and well all have to follow the rules when buying fish, not just because its how the store is run, but for the health of the fish.

Yup, yup yup, I know that!
My OH just couldn't believe the amount of time it was taking and the fact that the lady didn't want to release 5 goldfish for a pond that is about 60ft x 60ft and about 8ft deep.
We accept and expect the checks and in actual fact the second lady that came to help agreed with everything my OH was saying and ended up printing out some info to appease the 1st server as much as anything else.

Anyways, all fish are happy, healthy, have names and get along great with the Koi. So all's well that ends well!

rhino
18-Sep-08, 11:50

Its also the law under the sspca animal welfare act 2006

madmax
20-Sep-08, 15:56
Well , now then.......,
My Daughter bought herself a new hamster. She wanted a boy as her other 2 were girls, not for breeding just so she could call it Wilburt ! :lol:
We collected it on the Sunday, staff were brilliant, boxed it up ready for its trip home to Orkney. :)
However the following Saturday things they were a changing in Wilburt, he wasnt himself, infact he even bit my daughter when she was handling him, nothing out of the ordinary there really though..................
Now when she had a look in the cage later that day she found out why............................................... .................
Our new BOY Wilburt had just had 8 BABIES !!!!
Buy one get 8 Free eh !! lol lol
Bargain :)

Phoenix200416
01-Oct-08, 18:15
LOL! Well thats one way to do it :D Are you gonna keep them all? Must be a boy in there for her now :lol: