PDA

View Full Version : Blood Orange (not Caithness related)

percy toboggan
16-Sep-08, 17:55
What a terrible state of affairs. The Daily Telegraph today carried the details of an ongoing trial .

Khallilu Naseri was a hardworking London fruiterer aged just twenty five.

Earlier this year he spotted a man stealing an orange, then quite blatantly peeling it and beginning to tuck in outside his shop. In London it's still commonplace for greengrocers to leave stuff on the pavement in boxes. He remonstrated with the man, who reacted so fiercely his own mother had to drag him away. He allegedly vowed he would be back for Naseri's 'blood'

TWO Days went by , enough time elapsed you'd think for feelings to calm.
Not so. Delroy Brown turned up once again , this time with two of his 'friends' there was a struggle and Mr.Naseri was knifed to death. Allegedly of course, but he really is exceedingly dead.

Presumably a 'respect' killing....perhaps if one steals an orange in full view of the owner one can allegedly expect to scoff it without complaint.

Another sorry little parable from the streets of Britains premier city (it's alleged).

Oh! and if you're buying petrol on credit cards from Sri Lankan owned filled stations make sure you check your statements extra carefully. Apparently a cabal of Ceylon based folks are buying up garages with the sole intention of ripping off their customers. I'll go into more detail if required.I expect it could be featured on Crimewatch soon....so much of this mess is.

percy toboggan
03-Oct-08, 16:09
Delroy Brown, the 'orange' killer was today sentenced to 20 years minimum.
His future is sorted now. I trust he'll get his share of fresh fruit in the nick.

Bad Manners
03-Oct-08, 16:31
It is a sad state of affairs when the cost of a human life is the price of an orange. I am glad he got 20 years but the worrying thing is no one can stand up for themself without running the risk of personal harm.

northener
03-Oct-08, 19:37
The Conservative party were blethering on the other day about giving more protection to those who challenge criminals.

Didn't catch any details, so I couldn't say whether this was media cobblers or a genuine party line backed up by a realistic proposition.

Melancholy Man
03-Oct-08, 19:44
That's it, I've had it with you, Toboggan. Outside, now...

... wait a minute, Khallilu Naseri is a foreign name. And you're lamenting him...

<bursts into tears>

percy toboggan
03-Oct-08, 19:47
It is a sad state of affairs when the cost of a human life is the price of an orange. I am glad he got 20 years but the worrying thing is no one can stand up for themself without running the risk of personal harm.

You are right BM.
The matter of 'respect' in some quarters seems to equate to giving people carte blanche to behave like animals without challenge.
Today I hear of a poll amongst teachers which favours a return to corporal punishment.

Could we imagine the reprisals which might follow any teacher caning an individual who was in a 'gang' or had similarly dysfunctional, violent elders where 'respect' fitted the aformentioned criteria? I fear we would soon have maimed, or dead teachers on our hands.

This is by no means a fanciful theory. We have imported (and fostered our own) breeeds of people who have no fear whatsoever of authority, howsoever it is presented to them. The resentment and disconnection they feel manifests itself in pure bestial behaviour in the face of the slightest adversity or challenge....for instance kicking a man to death because he tries to break up a fight or jumping on a fathers head,and turning his brain to mush because he disapproved of someone smashing up his car.

In the past , going back a decade or two I've challenged people to stop swearing etc....or to behave in a civilised manner. I got away with it with a show of faux bravado and a stern tone....I would really have to think these days before I'd more than likely just walk away.

percy toboggan
03-Oct-08, 19:52
That's it, I've had it with you, Toboggan. Outside, now...

... wait a minute, Khallilu Naseri is a foreign name. And you're lamenting him...

<bursts into tears>

It is indeed a 'foreign' name, and I'm sure he, or his forbears wish now they had stayed where they were rather than landing up on the streets of the capital living cheek by jowel with a sizeable minority of dross, in a society which does little to side with the victim or offer punishment so severe it might deter some of the violence.

By the sound of the dead man he was a decent , upstanding member of the local community and he died after doing what he saw as the right thing.

The only sensible way to deal with such violent, lethal ofenders is to terminate their lives on the end of a rope. Of course they should be treated with respect to the end....Albert Pierrepoint where are you now?

Rheghead
03-Oct-08, 20:42
Albert Pierrepoint where are you now?

I flipped through a book listing all those hanged and it was surprising for me that about 40% of those were foreign residents or of foreign extraction. A weird statistic when back then I thought UK had little immigration.

Melancholy Man
03-Oct-08, 20:52
He conducted the executions of a number of Nazi war-criminals (including the two youngest women executed under British jurisdiction in the 20th Century) as well as condemned GIs in WWII. He also hanged a sometime customer at his pub for an entirely un-premeditated murder, causing him to doubt its effectiveness.

percy toboggan
03-Oct-08, 20:58
He conducted the executions of a number of Nazi war-criminals (including the two youngest women executed under British jurisdiction in the 20th Century) as well as condemned GIs in WWII. He also hanged a sometime customer at his pub for an entirely un-premeditated murder, causing him to doubt its effectiveness.

Should you fancy a grim treat, buy the film 'Pierrepoint' which features a stunning performance by Timothy Spall as the man himself. My wife and I found this piece of cinematography memorable and moving....(she gave it ten out of ten - unheard of...my score was a more sober, and sensible eight and a half) The times are captured quite brilliantly, and why Spall was not rewarded with some kind of Oscar...or BAFTA is beyond me.

Rheghead: if he was 'topping' foreigners by the dozen in those days what a field day he could have now eh;)

percy toboggan
03-Oct-08, 20:59
He also hanged a sometime customer at his pub for an entirely un-premeditated murder, causing him to doubt its effectiveness.

I presume you mean its 'effectiveness' as a deterrent. The literal translation of your words belie his ultra-efficient means of despatch.

percy toboggan
03-Oct-08, 21:02
I flipped through a book listing all those hanged and it was surprising for me that about 40% of those were foreign residents or of foreign extraction. A weird statistic when back then I thought UK had little immigration.
In the film I mentioned it's clear that in Germany - or wherever it was on the continent of Europe he was doing his work after the war the dimensions and scale of the job were truly conveyer belt like. Dozens upon dozens of war criminals - male and female went the way of Albert's knot.
Perhaps this is the key to your somewhat puzzling statistic Rheghead.