PDA

View Full Version : Cant sleep

paris
06-Jan-06, 04:49
Just logged in not expecting to see anyone about, its just gone 3.30am, what are you all doing on here this time of day? or should i say morning!
I went to bed at 11.45pm and have been up for 20 mins already, dont quite know whats going on with my bodys clock but i cant sleep, havent been able to for ages.

Chillie
06-Jan-06, 05:13
My body clock at to pot as well up most of night then want to sleep abot 6 -7 in morning then by tea time i am flakered out . Must be all this stupid weather we are getting.

JAWS
06-Jan-06, 06:37
Join the Club! I just learned to accept it.
The strange thing I find is that it's other people who can't get their heads round it even though it in no way affects them.

Provided it doesn't disrupt your family life, or things you are obliged to do, then don't let it bother you.
If people who it doesn't affect find it strange then that is their problem.

angela5
06-Jan-06, 09:12
Only recently i've been finding it hard to sleep its well after 2am before i eventually nod off up again at 7am, most days i feel like a zombie.

paris
06-Jan-06, 09:47
Dont know your age groups but im 45 and remember my mum used to be up all night when i was small. She said as we get older we dont need as much sleep. On avarage, i get about 3/4 hrs a night and boy am i grumpy in the mornings. Ive tried all the lavenders/ hot bath before bed ect but it doesnt make any difference. When i lived in caithness i was diognised (cant spell) with fybromyalga and i know the dr said it can afect your sleep. Oh well i surpose i will join the grey and grumpy grandma brigade soon. lol .

connieb19
06-Jan-06, 11:12
Im the same just now, up half the night. The other night I went to bed at 4.30 and back up again at 6. I never thougt i'd say it but I can't wait till Monday to get back to work and back to normal. I find excersise helps you to sleep better at night, I usually take the dog a walk after teatime every night, no matter what the weather but being on holiday, i've been taking her out earlier so I have to try and get her back into a routine too.

Saveman
06-Jan-06, 14:38
I've spoken to four people in the last week that have all had trouble sleeping. Not something they normally experience but something that has increased recently.

Wonder could it be a bug of some sort?

connieb19
06-Jan-06, 14:49
I've spoken to four people in the last week that have all had trouble sleeping. Not something they normally experience but something that has increased recently.

Wonder could it be a bug of some sort?I've been bothered with a headache these past few days too, which Is something im not usually bothered with. But I suppose it might be due to the lack of sleep, I just hope I get back to normal soon!!

ice box
06-Jan-06, 14:51
Or it could be that we are all on holidays and were all haven to many late night . Roll on monday back to work yipee .

angela5
06-Jan-06, 15:48
I have not been bothered with my sleep pattern until around 3 weeks ago, i blame the hipe of christmas and new year.

Chillie
06-Jan-06, 16:44
I find excersise helps you to sleep better at night, I usually take the dog a walk after teatime every night, no matter what the weather but being on holiday, i've been taking her out earlier so I have to try and get her back into a routine too.

Hi connie where do live Wick or Thurso if in wick maybe you can help me out and take my 2 dogs a walk with you as by teatime i am normally flakerded out

connieb19
06-Jan-06, 16:52
Hi connie where do live Wick or Thurso if in wick maybe you can help me out and take my 2 dogs a walk with you as by teatime i am normally flakerded outI live in Wick Chillie, and surely your dogs get a walk whether your tired or not. If not and your in Wick..you're more than welcome to come a walk with us. It might make you sleep better!!:)

krieve
06-Jan-06, 17:18
I live in Wick Chillie, and surely your dogs get a walk whether your tired or not. If not and your in Wick..you're more than welcome to come a walk with us. It might make you sleep better!!:)
connie i have a dog pawing at me wanting out. i am in wick i can have her ready for you to collect mind she is not keen on men apart from that she should be ok i will pm you my address lol try not to loose her if you do she always comes home anyway thanks krieve

Chillie
06-Jan-06, 17:44
connie i have a dog pawing at me wanting out. i am in wick i can have her ready for you to collect mind she is not keen on men apart from that she should be ok i will pm you my address lol try not to loose her if you do she always comes home anyway thanks krieve

Here here i asked first anyway my dogs are pure bred heinz 57s and like all humans:p

krieve
06-Jan-06, 17:52
Here here i asked first anyway my dogs are pure bred heinz 57s and like all humans:p
I am sure she could take all 3,
how many have you got connie?
you could start a dog walking business lol

unicorn
06-Jan-06, 18:52
I have this vision of poor connie out in the wind being dragged along by 4 dogs and it is making me laugh sooo hard!!!!! :)

krieve
06-Jan-06, 20:48
I live in Wick Chillie, and surely your dogs get a walk whether your tired or not. If not and your in Wick..you're more than welcome to come a walk with us. It might make you sleep better!!:)
connie are you ready for taking the dog a walk yet she is desprate her legs are crossed and she is crying

connieb19
06-Jan-06, 20:54
I am sure she could take all 3,
how many have you got connie?
you could start a dog walking business lolYes that's quite a good idea. I start off at 5.30am so if you would bring your dogs along tomorrow morning. I will meet you at the Bignold Park at 5.25am tomorrow morning...lol
By the way I only have one dog myself and she's quite old now so i'll have you pick your dogs up again at 5.45am. I look forward to seeing you all bright and early...lol:)
ps. We will discuss the fees on my return..

krieve
06-Jan-06, 21:04
Yes that's quite a good idea. I start off at 5.30am so if you would bring your dogs along tomorrow morning. I will meet you at the Bignold Park at 5.25am tomorrow morning...lol
By the way I only have one dog myself and she's quite old now so i'll have you pick your dogs up again at 5.45am. I look forward to seeing you all bright and early...lol:)
ps. We will discuss the fees on my return..
No bother but you can pick her up at the house. You think i am walking all the way down there at that time in the morning lol the dog is still sleeping then.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Jan-06, 01:19
Dog walking, I have kids that would love a dog but it would be tortured in this house by the two youngest.We live in Wick so anyone need a dog walked I have the answer lying in front of the telly most nights and they would be more than willing(they wont even charge you) We used to take a friends dog out but she moved away.

ice box
07-Jan-06, 01:23
Do they do childern walking ?

connieb19
07-Jan-06, 01:23
Dog walking, I have kids that would love a dog but it would be tortured in this house by the two youngest.We live in Wick so anyone need a dog walked I have the answer lying in front of the telly most nights and they would be more than willing(they wont even charge you) We used to take a friends dog out but she moved away.That's great your kids would do that for someone. Most are either stuck in front of a games consule or on a mini moto!!

connieb19
07-Jan-06, 01:28
Do they do childern walking ?lol..I'll take your children a walk..just have them ready for 5.25am tomorrow morning too!!:D

ice box
07-Jan-06, 01:32
lol..I'll take your children a walk..just have them ready for 5.25am tomorrow morning too!!:D
I will have them up and ready for then but i dont want them back until 5.25 pm the next day thank you nor the dog lol .

connieb19
07-Jan-06, 01:34
I will have them up and ready for then but i dont want them back until 5.25 pm the next day thank you nor the dog lol .not much change of that happening im afraid..LOL

ice box
07-Jan-06, 01:40
not much change of that happening im afraid..LOL
That some service you have i need a break there driving me up the wall the wife on holiday which i thought i was on can wait to monday lol

unicorn
07-Jan-06, 01:40
I remember as a kid myself and friends often walked pensioners dogs and enjoyed it as much as the dogs did thats a great idea alice (provided you know the people)

Fran
07-Jan-06, 01:48
i think all of us who cant sleep should all meet up in the early hours and take all our dogs for a walk!!!! seriously though, a walk before bed can make you sleep better and a warm milky drink. a low doze of diazepan is often given by doctors for people who cant sleep. there are also machines that play relaxing music, like the sea, a river, birds etc.
Medications and smoking can prevent you getting to sleep, also coffee and tea because they have caffeine, which makes your brain active. you shouldnt eat after 6pm and only have one cup of tea after that, to help you sleep.
Me, i fall asleep straight away, but two hours later i waken and im awake for ages so i watch tv in bed or go on the computer and that helps. i still wake up at 5am probably because i had to get up to work at that time a few years ago. working shift work also prevents you sleeping because your brain isnt in a routine.

Alice in Blunderland
08-Jan-06, 11:38
My kids enjoy walking up the woodland walk with a dog they thought it looks (klkl) cool im told in msn language.Yes ice box they walk kids too I have two younger kids and the older kids think its also cool to walk them how long that will last I dont know probably until they get into boys big time.As for the mini motos I have been voicing my concern on that page so my kids will have to stick to walking kids and dogs or lying in front of tv.Connie if ever you want company on a walk my youngest get up around then I am sure you can manage a couple of monsters on a reign just like having more doggies on a lead. lol