PDA

View Full Version : HP Printer Help Please

wifie
15-Sep-08, 09:40
I have an HP psc 1317 and since I changed the ink cartridges it now prints a test page every time I switch on the printer. [disgust] Does anyone have any idea how to stop it doing this? I have also been having problems generally with it printing ie trying to cancel a document in the queue and it totally ignoring the request! Any help gratefully received! Thank you!

Bobinovich
15-Sep-08, 11:49
I'm sure this type of all-in-one model will print a test sheet which you then have to put back into the scanning section & press a button. It then scans the page & uses it to align the cartridges. Once it's done it it should stop printing the test page.

Read the test page - it may give the instructions necessary.

joxville
15-Sep-08, 12:31
Hi owld wifie, I also have the same model as you and on checking the instruction manual (I know-men and manuals is an oxymoron) it says it does it to make sure the print heads and cartridge are properly aligned.

To stop printing a document, click on start> select printers and faxes> right click on your printer symbol and from drop down menu on left select an option.

Hope this helps you. If not, get a man to do it properly. [lol]

wifie
15-Sep-08, 14:46
I'm sure this type of all-in-one model will print a test sheet which you then have to put back into the scanning section & press a button. It then scans the page & uses it to align the cartridges. Once it's done it it should stop printing the test page.

Read the test page - it may give the instructions necessary.

I tried that and it did not work - sorry should have said!

wifie
15-Sep-08, 14:48
Hi owld wifie, I also have the same model as you and on checking the instruction manual (I know-men and manuals is an oxymoron) it says it does it to make sure the print heads and cartridge are properly aligned.

To stop printing a document, click on start> select printers and faxes> right click on your printer symbol and from drop down menu on left select an option.

Hope this helps you. If not, get a man to do it properly. [lol]

Man>>>>>><<<<<<<properly - another oxymoron? :confused

wifie
15-Sep-08, 14:52
OK - I thought I would give yer advice another go Bob and lo and behold this time it works! Must be cos a man told me what to do! [disgust] The machine is temperamental - it has been givin me gyp for weeks - jammin, not clearin the print list when I want it to - it must be a male machine - never listens to instructions!!!
Thread closed to any more smart assed gender related comments! :)
PS A MAN I know told me he doesn't like HP printers! ;)