PDA

View Full Version : Cutting back.

cuddlepop
14-Sep-08, 20:55
With Oh unemployed again after only four months its back to basics with living expenses.
With outlays exceding income its time for another look at "my books"

Hope your all seated because between us I'm paying out £135 a month in phone connections.

Oh contract £25
Mine £25
Daughters £30
Bt internet £55.

Terrible isnt it:~(.We're all tied into a contract with our mobliles which have at least a year to run.The house phone.s call charges were only £20 before anything else was added and that was a quarter.

Anyone tried vodafone internet connection for the home?.
Cant get rid off the mobles but can lose the house phone but not internet connection.
Any suggestions?

telfordstar
14-Sep-08, 21:18
Ouch now that has to hurt paying that out every month.

I know with our contracts (with o2) the tarif we are on after 6 months we could change them if we found the to expensive. Maybe give your provider a call and explain the situation im sure they will be glad to help you.

Maybe if your daughters old enough she could get a part time job and help pay for her own bill.

cuddlepop
15-Sep-08, 08:44
Telefordstar,all our money is pulled together and my daughter pays for her own contract through her DLA.Its so important that we can all communicate with each other at all times thats why the mobiles are so necessary.
The tarifs are resonable for what we get and I cant see a way of reducing them.
Will phone Bt this morning and see how cheaply they can give us broadband.We're out of contract with them so we might get a deal.:roll:

As to the vodafone internet connection for the house i'm not sure.:confused

Murdina Bug
15-Sep-08, 13:16
Can you not dump the phone contracts and get 'pay as you go' mobiles? I have had the same SIM card and number for years and usually get a cast off phone from someone as my 'upgrade' or actually got a new one myself one Xmas. Saves money and more environmentally friendly as not chucking phones away every year!

KCI
15-Sep-08, 13:23
I would call the mobile company, and explain the situation to them. You never know, they might be able to offer you a better deal for a while.

I had to do the same thing with Sky TV yesterday, as I am no longer working. I used to pay £40 a month, and they cut it down to £3 per month for 3 months, to let me keep some of my channels and the Sky Plus.

It's worth a try.

mike.mckenzie
15-Sep-08, 14:17
It was bye bye Sky Sports for me, £45 per month to Rupert Murdoch reduced to £18. Not bad.

telfordstar
15-Sep-08, 14:34
It was bye bye Sky Sports for me, £45 per month to Rupert Murdoch reduced to £18. Not bad.

Thats what we did took the movies and sports of and got it reduced down a good bit.

balto
15-Sep-08, 15:02
With Oh unemployed again after only four months its back to basics with living expenses.
With outlays exceding income its time for another look at "my books"

Hope your all seated because between us I'm paying out £135 a month in phone connections.

Oh contract £25
Mine £25
Daughters £30
Bt internet £55.

Terrible isnt it:~(.We're all tied into a contract with our mobliles which have at least a year to run.The house phone.s call charges were only £20 before anything else was added and that was a quarter.

Anyone tried vodafone internet connection for the home?.
Cant get rid off the mobles but can lose the house phone but not internet connection.
Any suggestions?
could you not change internet provider, as some will do your phone calls aswell, i am with aol and i know i critisised them in previous thread, but now i dont pay a monthly fee for my calls, last month it cost me £20.59 that is for my broadband and my calls, as all calls no matter what time of day starting 01 or 02 are free.

cuddlepop
15-Sep-08, 15:14
trauma at school again today so once again our mobiles were invaluable.
I recieve text,I reply to text....not quick eneogh so daughter then sends same text to Oh and I eventually phone her.

Must have contract as its to risky to go back to pay as you talk.:~(

Vodafone may have the deal we want it just depends on whether or not its wireless connection for the house, works out about £25 a month.

viking
15-Sep-08, 21:17
How many of the phone calls and texts are REALLY important/necessary? I'm all for mobiles - both my kids have them but I'd never do them on contracts. They spend way less than £10 a month and do small chores in the house to get the money. If there's an emergency at school, the school will phone you.
We all survived without them. I rarely spend more than £10 a month myself and have had the same phone for the last 4 years!