PDA

View Full Version : the missing Canuck

golach
14-Sep-08, 20:23
If anyone has missed our Canadian cousin Canuck, these last few days, it is because she is incapacitated, she was on a Missionary trip to Germany, when the Munich equivalent of our "wee Fat Eck" told her to hurry up, on a visit to the Munich Parliament, and she missed her footing in her hurry to oblige, and she broke her ankle!!!!! All the rumours that the German beer was too strong for our favourite chaplin are unfounded, also that she was pole dancing is also unfounded, she told me she has never danced with a Polish gentleman knowingly.
She is back home in Edi, cheerful as always, and no doubt will be back on soonest.

Anne x
14-Sep-08, 20:27
Ah !! Speedy recovery Canuck and good wishes hope your ankle heals soon keep doing the excercises

pat
14-Sep-08, 20:33
Wondered where you had gone - best wishes for you to be pain free and mobile soon.

balto
14-Sep-08, 20:45
speedy recover canuck, hope you feel better soon

porshiepoo
14-Sep-08, 21:18
That's awful! I hope you're feeling better soon Canuck. Best wishes and a speedy recovery.
xx

Venture
14-Sep-08, 22:12
We missed you at the quiz tonight Canuck. Hope you are up and about soon. ;)

Sporran
14-Sep-08, 22:24
Canuck,

Sorry to hear you lost your footing
Impatient Wee Eck deserves a booting! [disgust]
Hope your ankle soon heals
And much better you'll feel
Rest assured, for you we're all rooting!

Buttercup
14-Sep-08, 23:15
Keep your chin (and foot) up Canuck ~ make to most of your enforced rest. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :D

Lolabelle
14-Sep-08, 23:57
Ah Canuck, poor you! Lap up the attention, while you can, and I hope you're better soon. :D

TRUCKER
15-Sep-08, 07:54
Hope you feel better soon canuck the org is missing you

Rheghead
15-Sep-08, 10:07
Get well soon Canuck x

Elenna
15-Sep-08, 18:20
My goodness, Canuck...you do have your 'adventures'! Do go gently for a bit, rest all you can, and many good wishes and healing thoughts from me that your ankle gets better quickly.

Angela
15-Sep-08, 18:53
Awwwwwwww! :(

Hope your ankle mends quickly, canuck! :)

Welcomefamily
15-Sep-08, 19:06
Get well soon.

Big Jean
15-Sep-08, 19:38
Sorry to hear about your fall, canuck .

Rest that ankle, and the next time someone tells you to hurry up ...
pretend you haven't heard them, and carry on at your own speed .

canuck
15-Sep-08, 19:55
Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement.

Edinburgh x-rays confirm the Munich x-rays and I have been scheduled for surgery this week. Both the Munich surgeon and the Edinburgh surgeon took graduate work at the University of Toronto (where I also studied) so I felt confident that I was in good hands. My wonderful daughter is with me and the Edi-orgers have been extremely supportive.

Other than those few moments of seriously inspecting the ceiling lights in the new Bavarian parliament hall, my holiday to Germany was sensational.

htwood
15-Sep-08, 20:25
Lucky you don't type with your feet LOL Hope surgery goes well and you're back home soon. xo, Helen

golach
18-Sep-08, 13:30
Just had a text from Canuck, from her hospital bed, she has had her operation to put pins in her ankle, and is hoping to get out soon.

floyed
18-Sep-08, 13:34
Make a speedy recovery:D

Angela
18-Sep-08, 13:37
Just had a text from Canuck, from her hospital bed, she has had her operation to put pins in her ankle, and is hoping to get out soon.

Very glad to hear that, golach. :)

Tell her not to try to make a run for it though! ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Sep-08, 13:51
Get well soon, canuck. Want to see you jiving away at one of the band's gigs again in good time. Thanks for dropping me a line. Hope to see you soon-ish. :)

Margaret M.
18-Sep-08, 14:13
What a bummer. Hope it heals quickly, Canuck.

Rheghead
18-Sep-08, 14:40

You can tell her from me that she is putting patients lives at risk by doing that.;)

Sporran
18-Sep-08, 18:14

Hope she doesn't get that annoying "pins and needles" feeling more often now! ;)

Please tell Canuck I wish her a speedy recovery, Golach, and that she'll be hopping running around Edinburgh again in no time at all! :)

golach
18-Sep-08, 23:38
You can tell her from me that she is putting patients lives at risk by doing that.;)
Rheg, no she is not, Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, is a Hi Tech PFI establishment, and is in the 21st Century, Mobile phone use is encouraged