PDA

View Full Version : Rainbows or Brownies

telfordstar
14-Sep-08, 14:33
I was just wondering i have a 4year old girl and am thinking of getting her involved in a club of somesorts as a passtime and hobbie shes a bit of a tomboy so dancings out of the question. Thought that maybe the rainbows or brownies would be good for her but at her age which one is it that she could go to. Does anyone have any contact details for anyone who does either for times and days and more information.
Thanks in advance.

Geo
14-Sep-08, 20:00
Read the title of this thread and expected a post on trout fishing! :)

Ash
14-Sep-08, 20:04
they have to be 5 for rainbows. ive already put my ones name down as the waiting list is huge

balto
14-Sep-08, 20:08
my youngest daughter did both rainbows and brownies and she really enjoyed it, well rainbows more than brownies. the waiting list is huge as ash said, but it is worth it.

ks
14-Sep-08, 21:03
I was just wondering i have a 4year old girl and am thinking of getting her involved in a club of somesorts as a passtime and hobbie shes a bit of a tomboy so dancings out of the question. Thought that maybe the rainbows or brownies would be good for her but at her age which one is it that she could go to. Does anyone have any contact details for anyone who does either for times and days and more information.
Thanks in advance.

Beavers when she is 5 then onto Cubs at 8 - this would be better than Rainbows if she is a bit of a tomboy. How about football next season, there seems to be a lot of girls playing in the junior teams.

changilass
14-Sep-08, 21:08
Is there beavers in Castletown if not where is the nearest and what nights and how do I get the wee man on the waiting list - takes a deep breath - please

telfordstar
14-Sep-08, 21:11
Thanks for all your replys they really have helped. Its the same everywhere long waiting lists.

telfordstar
14-Sep-08, 21:12

That will explain why it took so long for replys.:lol:

ks
14-Sep-08, 21:38
Is there beavers in Castletown if not where is the nearest and what nights and how do I get the wee man on the waiting list - takes a deep breath - please

Dunnet Bay beavers meet in Castletown School gym between 6 and 7 on a Wednesday night, if you pop down they will take his details and put him on the list.

changilass
14-Sep-08, 22:26
Thanks for that KS, busy this week but will see about getting him on the waiting list next week.

anneoctober
15-Sep-08, 12:42
my youngest daughter did both rainbows and brownies and she really enjoyed it, well rainbows more than brownies. the waiting list is huge as ash said, but it is worth it.
Please bear with a "nana" - but who/where and what are rainbows? it sounds girly and wonderful? :D

balto
15-Sep-08, 15:43
Please bear with a "nana" - but who/where and what are rainbows? it sounds girly and wonderful? :D
hiya, rainbows is the first stage before brownies, there isnt as many badges involved, but it gives them the basics of what they need to now before they start brownies, it is more about play and interacting with each other.

Welcomefamily
15-Sep-08, 19:35

I was expecting a fishing one as well.

Lolabelle
15-Sep-08, 20:27
I thought it was something to do with cooking............ :eek:

Ricco
18-Sep-08, 21:05
Oh dear, there I was thinking you were talkin' aboot troot! Woe is me....:confused

Beat Bug
19-Sep-08, 00:27
Beavers when she is 5 then onto Cubs at 8 - this would be better than Rainbows if she is a bit of a tomboy. How about football next season, there seems to be a lot of girls playing in the junior teams.
St. Andrews runs a Badger Sett in Thurso. Age 5 upwards for both boys and girls. They do basic first aid and lots of other stuff as well. :eyes