PDA

View Full Version : Org. get-together

Fran
14-Sep-08, 04:39
It has been a long time since the orgers had a get-together to meet everyone. Is there going to be another one?

horseman
14-Sep-08, 06:21
It has been a long time since the orgers had a get-together to meet everyone. Is there going to be another one?
What doe's that encompass? but sounds good.:D

Kevin Milkins
14-Sep-08, 10:59

When and were did the last one take place Fran.

Do you you bring your own knives and guns or are they supplied.:lol:

joxville
14-Sep-08, 11:13
You're sharp this morning Kevin lol

Torvaig
14-Sep-08, 12:06
There are various pockets of orgers who get together from time to time. All it takes is, for instance, Fran to suggest a time and place and then others join in and work from there to meet up wherever and whenever and have a get-together! Any I have been at have been very enjoyable indeed with a great mix of personalities. It only takes two or three to have a good time....

They don't just take place in Caithness; orgers meetings pop up outside Caithness as well because the members are spread all over the land. It is not feasible to have a very large gathering because the parameters of the org are world wide.....and it is too expensive to arrange large gatherings as you would need a venue all to yourselves!

It's not rocket science; neither is there a committee to have meetings or anything. Just start making arrangements if you are interested and it will happen!

Julia
14-Sep-08, 13:12
I think it would be a good idea to meet up say in Spoons or similar for coffee and a blether. The Christmas org night out (Wick) was a disaster, only 2 turned up so any advance on that evening would be preferred.

Alice in Blunderland
14-Sep-08, 13:20
I was at an org night out a few years ago in Spoons in Wick and I had a lovely evening.

It was so surprising to put names to faces. Fred I have to say was as I imagined him Jeid a little younger than I expected and Weeboyagee welllllll.............what can I say folk thought we were married :eek: because we nipped away at each other like an old married couple. :lol:

hotrod4
14-Sep-08, 14:39
When and were did the last one take place Fran.

Do you you bring your own knives and guns or are they supplied.:lol:

And I bet you are being serious about the weapons!!!! ;)

I think a get together would burst your bubble as to what people look like. Its the same as reading a book and then watching the film, the characters are different than you imagined!.
I have mental pictures(not just mental) of people.

MM i think of as a professor looking type!
Percy I imagine with a beard and glasses
Goilach as short with reading glasses that rest on the end of his nose
Kevin as 30ish with curly hair.

See I told you I had MENTAL pictures!!! ;)

golach
14-Sep-08, 15:26
And I bet you are being serious about the weapons!!!!

I think a get together would burst your bubble as to what people look like. Its the same as reading a book and then watching the film, the characters are different than you imagined!.

LOL Hotrod your nearly correct as far as I look in your mental picture :)
But I hesitate to post my mental picture of you, I might earn an infraction [lol]

Kevin Milkins
14-Sep-08, 15:33
And I bet you are being serious about the weapons!!!! ;)

A bit off the mark with that one hotrod4.
I am 50 ish with straight short hair.lol
I am toying with going down to spoons tonight at about 9ish for a couple of pints if anyone is at a loose end.

hotrod4
14-Sep-08, 15:35
LOL Hotrod your nearly correct as far as I look in your mental picture :)
But I hesitate to post my mental picture of you, I might earn an infraction [lol]
Go on post and I'll tell you if you are right!!!

Think Tom Cruise with the brains of Stephen HAwking and the nature of Ghandi and you wont be far away!! ;)

Alice in Blunderland
14-Sep-08, 16:05

Think Tom Cruise with the brains of Stephen HAwking and the nature of Ghandi and you wont be far away!! ;)

Ah be still my beating heart I never knew such a man existed. I dont suppose you have the bank balance of Bill Gates and that would be just perfection :eek:

hotrod4
14-Sep-08, 16:19
Ah be still my beating heart I never knew such a man existed. I dont suppose you have the bank balance of Bill Gates and that would be just perfection :eek:

Of course, I lent Bill Gates his first billion!!!! ;)

2little2late
14-Sep-08, 20:36
I think it would be a good idea to meet up say in Spoons or similar for coffee and a blether. The Christmas org night out (Wick) was a disaster, only 2 turned up so any advance on that evening would be preferred.

That's because everyone else was on the org.

golach
14-Sep-08, 20:41

I was thinking more of the brains and height of Tom Cruise, the dress sense of Ghandi, and a tattoo of the Union Flag, Stephen Hawking never came into the equation[lol]