PDA

View Full Version : Owl help

northener
13-Sep-08, 22:06
I've just moved an owl that was sat in the road up at Warth Hill. I can't see any obvious signs of injury, but it certainly was reluctant to move when I approached it.

I've put it in the grass out of the way and will check tomorrow to see if it's still there.

If it is...what can i do? Do the SSPCA take in owls?

N.

Kenn
13-Sep-08, 22:51
Try and find out if you have a local Raptor Rescue Centre as owls need very special care.
Failing that there are a few falconers in the area and if the bird is still there, I'm sure they would be willing to help out.

stewart4364
14-Sep-08, 10:31
Balmore centre usually take in all types of birds, help them to recuperate and then return to the wild if possible or pass them on to someone to look after it for a longer period of time and hopefully release the bird back to the area it came from (if possible)

teenybash
14-Sep-08, 13:04
I've just moved an owl that was sat in the road up at Warth Hill. I can't see any obvious signs of injury, but it certainly was reluctant to move when I approached it.

I've put it in the grass out of the way and will check tomorrow to see if it's still there.

If it is...what can i do? Do the SSPCA take in owls?

N.

Any news of the owl...... hopefully he or she was just winded. :eek:

ks
14-Sep-08, 13:23
Do the SSPCA take in owls?

N.

I saw an owl at Balmore one time I was visiting, I think it had been found somewhere and they were keeping it for a few days to feed it up before letting it go.

northener
14-Sep-08, 19:11
I went backup today and the owl has gone.

I don't know if it moved by itself or met an untimely end at the hands of a gang of vengeful voles and murderous mice........

I remembered something today, though. About three weeks ago there was an owl sat on the road in the same place - rather odd......