PDA

View Full Version : Another airline bites the dust?

badger
13-Sep-08, 18:49
First XL, now Alitalia is in trouble. Is this going to snowball? Who will be next? I suppose it's one way of stopping everyone flying all over the place - bit drastic though.

Kevin Milkins
13-Sep-08, 19:02
First XL, now Alitalia is in trouble. Is this going to snowball? Who will be next? I suppose it's one way of stopping everyone flying all over the place - bit drastic though.

I almost booked some flights with XL a bit ago, glad I booked with eayjet now.:Razz
Hope they don't go tits up .:confused

Rheghead
13-Sep-08, 19:05
I'm guessing it will be the well established low cost carriers that will do better than the others. The price of fuel has fallen recently but it is only temporary, so the carriers with the least amount of overheads bar fuel will be better off.

scotsboy
13-Sep-08, 19:12
Alitalia have been going bust for years, and they deserve to as well!! Probably the worst airline I have flown with (and I have flown with some bad ones). Did a flight from Dubai to Milan (6 hours) we got a sandwich, luke warm water, luke warm coffee and some dry crackers!! That was it - not even a bar to make the shocking cabin service appear better.

Melancholy Man
13-Sep-08, 19:20

Problem is it will stop only the plebs flying. George Moonbat and his Greeney friends will be able to afford their occasional, but highly expensive flight.

igglepiggle
15-Sep-08, 09:35
we were with xl due to fly out in october, lucky we were atol protected, we have had to re-arrange our flights and it has cost us alot more, the other companies are cashing in on this. when we checked other flights on firday morning and then booked them on friday night they had shot up £450!!!

never mind, at least we were covered, i feel for them who isnt, and those who have booked weddings.

honey
15-Sep-08, 11:06
my mam and her friend are currently in Corfu on an XL holiday, due to fly back today. Thankfully they are on a package holiday so will get other flights home, we just have no idea when...