PDA

View Full Version : Bummer!

scotsboy
13-Sep-08, 14:33
Iran's wheelchair basketball team has pulled out of the Paralympic Games. They have protested at the draw for the next round, which I understand would have seen them play the USA.......then if successful possibly playing Israel!!

I think a great opportunity has been lost, imagine the interest in Iran V USA.........then Iran V Israel! It would have been fantastic.........but it is not to be.

Melancholy Man
13-Sep-08, 14:39
Like the Sydney judo all over again. My guess is that the players themselves wouldn't have had a great problem. Just the goons who run their country.

Julia
13-Sep-08, 15:13
It's so amazing watching them play, what talent!

Rheghead
13-Sep-08, 16:27
It's a real shame that this has happened. What had they got to lose?:confused

joxville
13-Sep-08, 16:46
It's a real shame that this has happened. What had they got to lose?:confused

A wheel or two? [lol]

2little2late
13-Sep-08, 17:07
Iran's wheelchair basketball team has pulled out of the Paralympic Games. They have protested at the draw for the next round, which I understand would have seen them play the USA.......then if successful possibly playing Israel!!

I think a great opportunity has been lost, imagine the interest in Iran V USA.........then Iran V Israel! It would have been fantastic.........but it is not to be.

I heard they had to withdraw because they tested positive for WD40 [lol]

justine
13-Sep-08, 17:22
well i heard it had to do with the homemade devises attached to the wheelchairs, self timers gave it away at customs.;).i think the marzipan smell may have had something to do with it aswell.:eek:

joxville
13-Sep-08, 17:27
Do you think this thread can run & run?

justine
13-Sep-08, 17:29
that depends on how many legs it is.

northener
13-Sep-08, 20:51

Nah, the wheels'll come off it sooon....

The Iranians are just sick of being pushed around....

scorrie
13-Sep-08, 20:55
Iran's wheelchair basketball team has pulled out of the Paralympic Games.

Technically speaking, shouldn't that be PUSHED out? ;)

_Ju_
13-Sep-08, 21:31
Technically speaking, shouldn't that be PUSHED out?

Not if the way out was up stairs! ;)

I wish they had played the USA and won.......it would have become part of the presidential campaign! ;)

scorrie
13-Sep-08, 22:29
Not if the way out was up stairs! ;)

I wish they had played the USA and won.......it would have become part of the presidential campaign! ;)

Didn't Spain's Basketball team contain three guys who had nothing wrong with them at a previous Paralympics?

joxville
13-Sep-08, 22:44
Didn't Spain's Basketball team contain three guys who had nothing wrong with them at a previous Paralympics?

Yeah, thats right. They were Juan Legge, Jose Kiddin and Fidel Player. [lol]

horseman
14-Sep-08, 06:55
Yeah, thats right. They were Juan Legge, Jose Kiddin and Fidel Player. [lol]
Thanks for that, brill,humour conqurers all.;)

_Ju_
14-Sep-08, 10:50

Might have. I wouldn't know. But then I am just as Spanish as you are English.

hotrod4
14-Sep-08, 15:03
That would've been a good match. But if Iran lost would they have blamed the Infidels? Or would it have been allahs punishment for having dodgy taches(and thats just the women!!) why else do you think they were a veil ;)

hotrod4
14-Sep-08, 15:04
Might have. I wouldn't know. But then I am just as Spanish as you are English.

Just noticed you are nearing the 1K as well. Theres a few of us getting close all at the same time!

scotsboy
14-Sep-08, 16:40
That would've been a good match. But if Iran lost would they have blamed the Infidels? Or would it have been allahs punishment for having dodgy taches(and thats just the women!!) why else do you think they were a veil ;)

All joking aside Hotrod, I can tell you that there are a lot of STUNNING Iranian women, don't fall into the trap created by tabloid stereotypes.

Sapphire2803
14-Sep-08, 17:04
Just noticed you are nearing the 1K as well. Theres a few of us getting close all at the same time!

Yeah it looks like I can't fight off the 1k much longer. Oh well.... it's only taken me 2 1/2 years :lol: