PDA

View Full Version : fuel prices in caithness???

boxer
05-Jan-06, 17:02
where has the cheapest prices at the moment???????????????????????

Tymey
05-Jan-06, 17:05
I understand that R B Flett in Watten are 94.9p for a litre of petrol if that is any help........

boxer
05-Jan-06, 17:07
ant seen the prices that low in a while

moose and Lindsay
05-Jan-06, 21:46
Garages in Thurso are at 94.9p unleaded apart from Dunnets they r at 95.9p

I think diesel is 97.9p and dunnets r 98.9p

Loafer
05-Jan-06, 21:48
I know it ain't Caithness, but if you fancy a run to Rogart, it is 92.4p a litre.

Would be pointless with the fuel you would burn to get there!!

The Loafer

JAWS
05-Jan-06, 21:52
Does anybody know why diesel is more expensive than four star here when it's normally the other way round?

moose and Lindsay
05-Jan-06, 21:54
Can u still buy 4star??

Thought that had been done away with???

Rheghead
05-Jan-06, 21:57
Can u still buy 4star??

Thought that had been done away with???

You can still buy 4 star but petrol stations have to apply to sell it. Some vintage cars can only run on it. If you google 4 star you will get a site that lists stations that sell it. None up here though.

JAWS
05-Jan-06, 22:30
Oops, Sorry, I was having a Senior Moment. I meant two star (I think).
Oh bother, the petrol you put in normal cars.
I'm just glad I didn't say five star or even worse, regular and premium.
I still don't think these horseless carriages will catch on, they will never replace the real thing. Besides, where will you get good horse muck for the roses? :p

landmarker
05-Jan-06, 22:46
I think refining costs for producing diesel are higher though I understand this is set to change. In october last I paid £1.05 a litre for unleaded in Wick - it was 94p. in Edinburgh and 93 down here. It's gone back to 89.0 per litre at supermarkets down here now.I can remember when it was about five bob a gallon ! (that's 25p. to you young uns) Mind you I was only on six quid a week.

JAWS
05-Jan-06, 23:05
Ah landmarker, at least you will understand my senior moment.
To clarify the 25p a gallon for the young uns that translates to about 5p a litre.
The comparison I should have made was between Diesel and Unleaded.
I thought diesel was still slightly cheaper than petrol in most areas.
To clarify the point about vintage cars there are additives you can get for unleaded to solve the problem of their requirements.