PDA

View Full Version : Games and Dares we played as kids

blowfish
12-Sep-08, 21:04
Does anyone have any unusual or interesting games they played as kids.

I will start things off, I used to live by a fishing port. I suppose I still do.

We used to play a game called "Lick the Kipper". you would grab a fish from a fish box and give it a big lick. It usually tasted vile, but you quickly got used to the taste the more you did it. You got one point per lick.
you got an extra 5 pts if you managed to get your girlfriend at the time to dare to do it. Just to watch that was priceless and would send me and my mates it to fits of giggles.

I suppose it was childish at the time and fair to say I didn't keep many girlfriends, but we were kids.

anyone with any other unusual games??

dook
12-Sep-08, 21:15
Is that how you got your interesting name Blowfish?

joxville
12-Sep-08, 21:16
Blowfish "We used to play a game called "Lick the Kipper". you would grab a fish from a fish box and give it a big lick. It usually tasted vile, but you quickly got used to the taste the more you did it"

I use to play it as a kid too. Strangely, as an adult I started doing it again.

Iffy
12-Sep-08, 21:27
Aye I wis the "poor mans daughter" and all the class room games reflected that !! I was the last one to be chosen for "THE" team and always bullied for who I was..... Mmmmmmm would like them to try to bully me now ????

blowfish
12-Sep-08, 21:30
Blowfish "We used to play a game called "Lick the Kipper". you would grab a fish from a fish box and give it a big lick. It usually tasted vile, but you quickly got used to the taste the more you did it"

I use to play it as a kid too. Strangely, as an adult I started doing it again.

;) once the box is open, the game keeps going

Faithers Appprentice
13-Sep-08, 22:28
I also grew up in a seaman's town and used to regularly play the same game as yourself.

I used to hate going down to he harbour as it was often slippery when wet, and on more than one occassion found myself with a nasty gash

teenybash
13-Sep-08, 23:26
Aye I wis the "poor mans daughter" and all the class room games reflected that !! I was the last one to be chosen for "THE" team and always bullied for who I was..... Mmmmmmm would like them to try to bully me now ????

An' just look at you now................better than all the rest put together.
Hold your head up girl...you ain't no bully material now..:Razz

Ricco
14-Sep-08, 10:25
We used to play a game called 'knifies'. It involved standing with your legs apart and someone standing facing you would try to flick a knife into the ground between your legs. The knife had to stick into the ground, so it had to be thrown properly and the closer the got to a foot (without hitting it) the more points they got. I gave up after we decided to graduate onto someone's hatchet - too risky!:eek:

hotrod4
14-Sep-08, 15:42
I also grew up in a seaman's town and used to regularly play the same game as yourself.

I used to hate going down to he harbour as it was often slippery when wet, and on more than one occassion found myself with a nasty gash

Had to re-read that post a couple of times to get it!! ;)