PDA

View Full Version : Water(s)/ Mulickin-Canisbay, Caithness

jackie
05-Jan-06, 11:08
Does anyone have any information on the following family names? I have been trying to get info on James Water + Isobel Mulickin. They had at least 2 daughters one Margaret (1721) and Isobel (1718). Margaret married a Matthew Simpson. Water(s) is not an uncommon name in Caithness as the IGI shows many listed in all districts but I cannot seem to find anything on Mulickin at all. Any hints?
Thanks Jackie

Bruce Humphrey
05-Jan-06, 14:30
You're right, of course, Mulickin doesn't yield much. Try Mulliken, and you'll find many of that name and variants.

B

jackie
05-Jan-06, 15:48
Thanks Bruce:
I was thinking Mulligan or Mullin, must have been tired though cause I didn't come up with Mulliken.
I will see what I get searching that name.
Thanks
Jackie

Tricia
29-Jan-06, 12:55
Here are 3 Mullekin. I was searching for Robertson.

1841 Census Canisbay district

Folio 0 Page 10 Sched 0 - Skirza

ROBERTSON Christina - F 80 N.K. CAI -
MULLEKIN E. - F 45 Spinster CAI

Folio 0 Page 2 Sched 0 - Harley

MULLEKIN Cathn - F 63 N.K. CAI - On own.
Folio 0 Page 8 Sched 0 - Mittan Or Midtown Of Reswick

MULLEKIN Jas. - M 70 Farmer CAI
On Own

Tricia

marionq
31-Jan-06, 12:59
My son in law Francis Quoys Milligan has ancestors from Caithness and until now I wondered where the Milligan came in. It looks like it's a modern version of Mulliken or similar now I've read the above posts.

I haven't ventured along his family tree as genealogy is a black hole that sucks you in - I'll leave it to him to pursue that line!

Thomas Farmer
31-Jan-06, 17:59
I have Mullikin in my tree. Robert born 1756 in Pulteney my GGGGGGgrandfather, this Mullikin name died out in1962. they were mostly rope makers and fisherman