PDA

View Full Version : energy supplier

mr do dar
12-Sep-08, 20:42
what energy company supply you electricity ? iv just did a search engine and it says i could save 174.25 per year thats with eon .

telfordstar
12-Sep-08, 20:57
Im with scottish hydro electric have noticed an increase these last few week though. Did hear that although eon are low just now they are due a big hike up soon this october was mentioned saw it on this morning

footie chick
12-Sep-08, 21:00
I'm also with Scottish Hydro tried switching a few year back to Virgin, was alot more expensive despite their promises that they would save me money.

dook
12-Sep-08, 21:38
I'm also with Scottish Hydro tried switching a few year back to Virgin, was alot more expensive despite their promises that they would save me money.

Seems very drastic. My wife would kill me not to mention the kids.

david
12-Sep-08, 21:54
Im with scottish hydro electric have noticed an increase these last few week though. Did hear that although eon are low just now they are due a big hike up soon this october was mentioned saw it on this morning

Seems strange that we have price hikes in this county when we have all these green windmills.

footie chick
12-Sep-08, 21:56
Seems strange that we have price hikes in this county when we have all these green windmills.

I got a price reduction when I mentioned that I was in favour of the HHG new shed and for all the help they had given the local community.

david
12-Sep-08, 23:31
I got a price reduction when I mentioned that I was in favour of the HHG new shed and for all the help they had given the local community.

No suprise there then. Local Community?? So what help have they actually given with their new shed? Can the local community use it 365 days a year.

david
12-Sep-08, 23:36

Get a windmill, save you loads on leccy and you can also build a new shed for the HHGC-cos their skint. Expensive, but think of the community benefit.

TBH
13-Sep-08, 00:17
what energy company supply you electricity ? iv just did a search engine and it says i could save 174.25 per year thats with eon .I have a hamster family on a big wheel that provide me with all the power that I need, roughly 938 kWh. They are a godsend.

purplelady
13-Sep-08, 00:17
am with scottish gas seem ok have been with them a long time will stick with them i think

poppett
13-Sep-08, 11:26
Scottish Hydro Electric for gas and electricity. On monthly direct debits for both as this is the cheapest option and an extra discount is offered for this facility. Through Ormlie Heat scheme had a 20% reduction in fuel costs for at least the next two years. Also getting an old fridge freezer replaced with a new one for just £50 through the same scheme. An inefficient fridge and freezer seems to use as much electricity as a tumble drier.

So far no problems with them taking the right amount from the bank on the right day, unlike Sky who seem to do as they please, but that`s another thread.