PDA

View Full Version : Paralympics 2008

Rheghead
12-Sep-08, 20:01
Team GB is 2nd in the medal table behind China, I think that says a lot about what our little country stands for. Anybody been following it?:confused

veekay
12-Sep-08, 20:36
Haven't missed a bit it is fantastic and puts me to shame. It is such a shame you can only get it on the red button or the highlights at 1900hrs. GO team GB is al I can say

Kenn
12-Sep-08, 20:39
Makes me feel really humble at what these sportsmen and women achieve they are quite amazing.

footie chick
12-Sep-08, 20:55
Why don't they get as much tv coverage as the able bodied Team GB?

IMO they should get more because of the pure physical and mental determination they put into it.

Come on many more medals please.

Welcomefamily
12-Sep-08, 21:44
Yes the coverage has been fairly poor which is a shame.

Bad Manners
12-Sep-08, 21:57
Its a shame it hasn't recieved more coverage because they have done exceptionally well. All credit to them not only do they have their own disability to cope with the have a demanding training schedule to cope with.
I hope that the country welcomes them back in style just the same as their ablebodied counterparts.

Whitewater
12-Sep-08, 22:16
Makes me feel really humble at what these sportsmen and women achieve they are quite amazing.

So true Lizz, I feel the same. I won't complain about a stiff neck or sore knee again when I'm bowling.

johndeere
13-Sep-08, 01:28
Team GB are doing a fantastic job, such a shame the tv coverage is so poor.

badger
13-Sep-08, 10:46
It should be getting as much coverage as the "other" Olympics. Haven't managed to read the full story yet but there was an item on tv news this morning about a rider who was given up for dead as a baby and controls his horse with his lips. The determination of these athletes is incredible.

Dreamweaver
13-Sep-08, 17:34
The guts and determination of these athletes is mind blowing. I have been moved to tears many times this week by the sheer "balls" of these men and women. There should have been more media coverage - how many times has it been mentioned on the news this week about the number of medals they have won?