PDA

View Full Version : Odd number?

northener
12-Sep-08, 08:32
I've had an incoming call from this number 3 times now. I accept the call and get nothing...

I'm not going to call back as being a suspicious sort of chap one suspects it will cost me......

Anybody else had this?

BTW Every time it's happened I've been driving and taking the call via bluetooth - so i can't really hear if there's any background noise or clues as to whether it's some sort of autodialler or if someone is just being quiet on the phone.

Or maybe Aliens are trying to contact me using binary code?:confused

Lolabelle
12-Sep-08, 08:35

Definately Aliens I think ;)

justine
12-Sep-08, 09:34
we keep getting one that is 094118, no-one there when we answer. can only assume is phone spam.

Sapphire2803
12-Sep-08, 09:40
Some company switchboards can be set to send any number as the 1471 number, which is useful if they want to send out their 0800 number instead of a geographical number, for example.

It could be that a company has abused this facility in order to get round the 'withheld number' block that many people have, while still not giving out their number.

Most likely telemarketing, so I wouldn't worry about it.

wifie
12-Sep-08, 09:43
Northener that is a binary no - definitely from the mother ship! Are they tryin to tell you to get back to Morven for the 21st Oct? This time tho (from the tips I have noticed on here) take yer passport and extra batteries for the camcorder! :)

silverfox57
12-Sep-08, 09:49
I've had an incoming call from this number 3 times now. I accept the call and get nothing...

I'm not going to call back as being a suspicious sort of chap one suspects it will cost me......

Anybody else had this?

BTW Every time it's happened I've been driving and taking the call via bluetooth - so i can't really hear if there's any background noise or clues as to whether it's some sort of autodialler or if someone is just being quiet on the phone.

that phone no is the same no that ET used to phone home:lol:

telfordstar
12-Sep-08, 13:52
Hope its not one of these numbers where as soon as you answer you get charged big time.

honey
12-Sep-08, 15:34
theres info on this website hope it helps

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01111111111

Tilter
12-Sep-08, 15:44
Northerner,
I think it's me sitting on my phone with the keyboard not locked.

joxville
12-Sep-08, 17:10
Northener that is a binary no - definitely from the mother ship! Are they tryin to tell you to get back to Morven for the 21st Oct? This time tho (from the tips I have noticed on here) take yer passport and extra batteries for the camcorder! :)

They might keep his passport and send him back! [lol]

speedo215
12-Sep-08, 18:20
i've had a few missed calls at home frome then never ever phone numbers like that back though you just can't be sure

northener
12-Sep-08, 20:27
theres info on this website hope it helps

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01111111111

Cheers for that...and the other constructive comments - the plot thickens.

As for the rest of you lot, kindly off back to your respective hovels. I'm not coming back down until I'm sure it's absolutely safe.

Anyway...it's pretty interesting up here.;)

silverfox57
12-Sep-08, 20:40
Cheers for that...and the other constructive comments - the plot thickens.

As for the rest of you lot, kindly off back to your respective hovels. I'm not coming back down until I'm sure it's absolutely safe.

Anyway...it's pretty interesting up here.;)
all hell as broken lose down hear,so stay where you are ,will phone when it is save for your return,:lol:ps have you seen our percy up there last we he was coming north to caithness,and has not be on hear since :eek:

Julia
12-Sep-08, 20:58
01111111111 = 1023 bytes or lots of nibbles, do you feel
hungry after you have taken the call?

footie chick
12-Sep-08, 21:05
,:lol:ps have you seen our percy up there last we he was coming north to caithness,and has not be on hear since :eek:

Problem solved that's Percy's secret phone number.