PDA

View Full Version : Thought for today and maybe tomorrow

Iffy
10-Sep-08, 17:51
Just thinking .....

If your tatties have burnt in the bottom of the pan - be thankful you were able to put them there in the first place..

If that new top you just bought doen't look right on you - be thankful you had the money to buy it..

If that old top doesn't fit or your trousers are too tight - be thankful you had the food to cause that..

If the car park is full and you have to park round the corner to get to the shop - be thankful you have the legs to do it with..

If the kids are screaming and you're driven to distraction - be thankful for their health that they can do that..

If your job is boring the pants off you and you're fed up with the boss - be thankful you have an income ..

If that little slice of bacon in the fridge is two days out of date - don't throw it away - be thankful that you can still probably eat it..

JUST A FEW THOUGHTS ................

teenybash
10-Sep-08, 18:07
Great thoughts Iffy....keep it up and you could become the orgs Agony Aunt ;)

Torvaig
10-Sep-08, 18:24
Plenty to think about there Iffy and so true and by the way, your first line reminded me I had something on the cooker and I went through and the pan had dried out and its base is now a lovely shade of black! Thank you for the alert! :lol:

silverfox57
10-Sep-08, 18:59
think we should be thankfull for want we have got,not what we would like to have,health is the only thing money can not buy,

Bad Manners
10-Sep-08, 19:03
If more people were greatful for what they have and not about not having things they thing they should have the world would be a better place.

YummyMummy
10-Sep-08, 19:08
We moved to Caithness in October last year, and there’s not a day goes by that I am not thankful. The children are thriving, their schools are great, we have the most spectacular view from our house and our way of life is completely changed – for the better. The people in Caithness are the most welcoming I’ve ever come across.

You’re right Iffy – a lot to be thankful for!

scorrie
10-Sep-08, 21:11
Just thinking .....

If your tatties have burnt in the bottom of the pan - be thankful you were able to put them there in the first place..

If that new top you just bought doen't look right on you - be thankful you had the money to buy it..

If that old top doesn't fit or your trousers are too tight - be thankful you had the food to cause that..

If the car park is full and you have to park round the corner to get to the shop - be thankful you have the legs to do it with..

If the kids are screaming and you're driven to distraction - be thankful for their health that they can do that..

If your job is boring the pants off you and you're fed up with the boss - be thankful you have an income ..

If that little slice of bacon in the fridge is two days out of date - don't throw it away - be thankful that you can still probably eat it..

JUST A FEW THOUGHTS ................

Almost all of us are guilty of taking life for granted.

If I could paraphrase the line about the new top:-

If someone buys you a new top, and it doesn't suit you, be thankful that they can change the top to suit your style, rather than changing you to suit the top!!

Angel
10-Sep-08, 22:04
If your tatties have burnt in the bottom of the pan - next time you go shopping remember the car park is likly to be full...

If that new top you just bought doen't look right on you - blame the kids for distracting you...

If that old top doesn't fit or your trousers are too tight - remember eat less potatoes...

If the car park is full and you have to park round the corner to get to the shop - go home and turn off the potatoes first...

If the kids are screaming and you're driven to distraction - they are trying to tell you, you left the pan on...

If your job is boring the pants off you and you're fed up with the boss - ask him round for tea...

If that little slice of bacon in the fridge is two days out of date - just add the potatoes...

Angel

Welcomefamily
10-Sep-08, 22:09
Iffy you are bringing us back down to earth, it is so easy to forget what we have.

badger
11-Sep-08, 11:27
Thanks for that Iffy - we have so much to be grateful for and it's good to be reminded.

Iffy
11-Sep-08, 17:33
If your tatties have burnt in the bottom of the pan - next time you go shopping remember the car park is likly to be full...

If that new top you just bought doen't look right on you - blame the kids for distracting you...

If that old top doesn't fit or your trousers are too tight - remember eat less potatoes...

If the car park is full and you have to park round the corner to get to the shop - go home and turn off the potatoes first...

If the kids are screaming and you're driven to distraction - they are trying to tell you, you left the pan on...

If your job is boring the pants off you and you're fed up with the boss - ask him round for tea...

If that little slice of bacon in the fridge is two days out of date - just add the potatoes...

Angel

Hi Angel
I thought your "take" on my original post was SO funny. I was sitting reading it in hysterics !! I did mean it to be something for us to think about.... but your version was great !!! I'm still giggling about it now when I think of it... You honestly made my day !!!
CHEERS - Iffy

Angel
13-Sep-08, 15:46
Hiya Iffy...

I am so happy I made your day... I have these moments of sillyness occasionally...

Previously in the Time travel thread...

Take care and have fun... oh and welcome to the org...

Angel

dirdyweeker
13-Sep-08, 16:35
very thought provoking post but I too must admit, I luv Angel's version.
Witty!