PDA

View Full Version : Leftover Turkey

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 17:48
AArgg!! I've still got a mountain of turkey to get through!!
Any suggestions, I've had the sandwiches and the curry...I could do with a change tonight!!

unicorn
03-Jan-06, 17:58
How big was your turkey??? Do what I do look in the cupboard see whats there and fling it all together its called pot luck lol...

wicker
03-Jan-06, 18:01
do it with like a cream sauce or a tomato based sauce for pasta, use it like you would use chicken, turkey and rice soup, turkey salad, turkey pizza loads of things you can do, whatever u would use chicken for substitute it for turkey

EDDIE
03-Jan-06, 18:32
What about making bubble and squeak out of the left overs

tenabowla
03-Jan-06, 20:03
Just make up loads of wee Chrismas dinners in the Chinese food tubs and freeze for later.

Astra
15-Jan-06, 01:13
I am still eating turkey is any one else

fed-ex
15-Jan-06, 01:15
I'm maybe planning TURKEY this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astra
15-Jan-06, 01:17
I'm maybe planning TURKEY this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What you haven with it ?

Rheghead
15-Jan-06, 01:17
Not the same turkey from xmas surely? :eek: even if you had it in e fridge I doubt whether it will be good for yer.

fed-ex
15-Jan-06, 01:18
[quote=Astra]What you haven with it ?[/quoteGravy

Astra
15-Jan-06, 01:23
Yes it's a bit dry and has a couple of grey fury bits on it but taste great do you fancy coming for lunch tomorrow ive got to get it finished it taking up to much space any offer

fed-ex
15-Jan-06, 01:28
Yes it's a bit dry and has a couple of grey fury bits on it but taste great do you fancy coming for lunch tomorrow ive got to get it finished it taking up to much space any offerwot time you wantin me round

Astra
15-Jan-06, 01:35
Make it 1 sharp its starting to change colour.. ps bring the grave .... lol

angela5
15-Jan-06, 02:34
:p yuk! yuk! yukky! left over turkey is bad enough 2 days after christmas..that's no fit for human consumption.......yeeeeeukkkk!

Astra
15-Jan-06, 02:41
Yummmmmm dont knock it till you try it ok with some gravy

angela5
15-Jan-06, 02:55
Yummmmmm dont knock it till you try it ok with some gravy

What i'd like to know is where exactly have you been storing that turkey the last few weeks....yuk!

Astra
15-Jan-06, 02:58
I the oven the frezzer the fridge under the bed and few turkey legs in with my sock ...

angela5
15-Jan-06, 03:01
I the oven the frezzer the fridge under the bed and few turkey legs in with my sock ...

Even more yeeeeeeeeeuuuuuukkkkkkkyyyyyy!
well i suppose the turkey won't be smelling as bad as your sock:lol:

Astra
15-Jan-06, 03:04
My sock are very clean thank you i clean them once a week .. lol

laguna2
15-Jan-06, 11:50
My sock are very clean thank you i clean them once a week .. lol

.... whether they need it or not :D

badger
16-Jan-06, 17:22
Someone sold a complete left-over Christmas dinner on ebay for thousands. Also just one frozen sprout went for about £75 on ebay in aid of charity. How furry is your turkey getting?

connieb19
16-Jan-06, 19:10
Someone sold a complete left-over Christmas dinner on ebay for thousands. Also just one frozen sprout went for about £75 on ebay in aid of charity. How furry is your turkey getting?I've been giving it a stir twice a day..so it's not too bad....lol

_Ju_
16-Jan-06, 19:11
Just make up loads of wee Chrismas dinners in the Chinese food tubs and freeze for later.
If your turkey was frozen before cooking, you shouldn't re-freeze!!!!!!

connieb19
16-Jan-06, 19:16
If your turkey was frozen before cooking, you shouldn't re-freeze!!!!!!Its ok after you've cooked it to freeze it again...I hope anyway...I've always done this with any meat!!

_Ju_
16-Jan-06, 19:20
Its ok after you've cooked it to freeze it again...I hope anyway...I've always done this with any meat!!
It's running a risk for food poisoning. Depends on how it's cooked, and anyway, you loose quality re-freezing food. Just be very careful and freeze as soon as it has cooled down, without coming into contact with any raw foods, especially meats (or utensils that came into contact with raw foods). Remember that it takes some food poisoning bacteria only 20 minutes to double their number.

connieb19
16-Jan-06, 19:22
It's running a risk for food poisoning. Depends on how it's cooked, and anyway, you loose quality re-freezing food. Just be very careful and freeze as soon as it has cooled down, without coming into contact with any raw foods, especially meats (or utensils that came into contact with raw foods). Remember that it takes some food poisoning bacteria only 20 minutes to double their number.Thanks for yor advise Ju...I guess i've just been lucky :o)

Astra
16-Jan-06, 23:30
Hi sorry to bother you all again but i still have some turkey left if anyone is interested it going a bit green but still tastes ok must get eaten by end of week .[smirk]

angela5
16-Jan-06, 23:39
Hi sorry to bother you all again but i still have some turkey left if anyone is interested it going a bit green but still tastes ok must get eaten by end of week .[smirk]

I don't think you've any chance of some-one actually taken you up on that offer astra. Now if you've got a bottle of wine going i'll come around but i'll skip the dinner thanks:lol:

connieb19
16-Jan-06, 23:40
I rekon the turkey will be ok if you disguise it in a hot curry...

Astra
16-Jan-06, 23:53
Not keen on hot curry but do'nt mild

krieve
17-Jan-06, 16:46
Not keen on hot curry but do'nt mild
Have you been eating it everyday astra you must be sick of turkey by now lol