PDA

View Full Version : Xmas street Lights

bamboo
09-Sep-08, 19:10
Hi! Does anyone know where to get funding for xmas street lights in their local village? Do you have to get in touch with the council? Any information on raising funds or how other towns ,villages managed to get their lights and have them put up,please tell me. Thanks:)

Welcomefamily
09-Sep-08, 19:20
You might not need them yet? ;)

Julia
09-Sep-08, 19:24
Wait till we get by tomorrow's looming black hole [lol]

Mr P Cannop
09-Sep-08, 19:35
Wait till we get by tomorrow's looming black hole [lol]

what looming black hole ??

Welcomefamily
09-Sep-08, 19:36
No the 21st Oct is the important one, I come back from my holiday on the 22nd.

Thumper
09-Sep-08, 19:40
When our village got them we all had to buy our own ones and we also have to get them put up ourselves x

bamboo
09-Sep-08, 23:00
where did you order them from ? What sort of prices are we talking? What about the supply of electric to the lights,how does that work? Do you inform the council? Thanks for answering !:)

Thumper
10-Sep-08, 08:18
It was so long ago i cant rememeber,but I will try and find out details for you x

bamboo
10-Sep-08, 09:10
Thankyou for that! Will be delighted to find out what you know. Our village must be one of a few that still has no lights whatsoever and it would cheer the place up. Anyone else with ideas will still be appreciated !:)

Venture
10-Sep-08, 17:07
where did you order them from ? What sort of prices are we talking? What about the supply of electric to the lights,how does that work? Do you inform the council? Thanks for answering !:)

Our village has had lights for a number of years. We bought them with money raised ourselves through sponsored walks, car boot sales, raffles and donations. They are not cheap by any manner of means and dependant on the size of your tree can be anything from £300-£500. They have to be of a certain voltage and ordered from down south.

If you come under a Community Council you could ask for assistance. Some villages have their trees donated by the CC or given to them by the Forrestry Commission. Our electricity box was put in as a donation and is connected to the lamposts in the village owned by the council.. You won't be billed for the electricity used. If you need any assistance to obtain lights please PM me and I will give you details of a company who supply them. The lights on the lamposts can be bought from the Council. We paid about £300 a few years ago. The lighting section of the council are a tremendous help too.

bamboo
10-Sep-08, 17:57
have sent you a pm venture.

bamboo
10-Sep-08, 20:48
:confused Does anyone know if we need public liability to have the xmas street lights?

Valerie Campbell
11-Sep-08, 14:23
No idea about public liability. But good luck with getting the lights up and running. There's nothing nicer than driving through a village near Christmas and looking at the brightly coloured decorations on the lamp posts. It really cheers the dark nights - and mornings -up.

jay
11-Sep-08, 15:23
contact thurso town improvements (see their website for contact details) they would be able to answer all your questions i'm sure