PDA

View Full Version : And she wonders why she failed?????

northener
09-Sep-08, 18:00
What a plank:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080909/video/vuk-l-driver-fails-test-for-splashing-pe-49bfa63.html

She be whingeing even more if it was her stood at the bus stop.

Rheghead
09-Sep-08, 18:08
I agree with the examiner, total lack of consideration for other road users. There could have been glass in the puddle or a very deep hole causing accident.

Blondie
09-Sep-08, 18:10
I saw that on the news today. That was her 3rd driving test as well.

She was totally gobsmacked that she failed!

Blondie
09-Sep-08, 18:12
I agree with the examiner, total lack of consideration for other road users. There could have been glass in the puddle or a very deep hole causing accident.

I doubt it was that to be honest, it was probably more nerves than being inconsiderate.

Buttercup
09-Sep-08, 18:13
Totally agree with the examiner. She failed to show due care and consideration to fellow road users. Then has the brass neck to complain about it! :roll:

Bad Manners
09-Sep-08, 18:18
I agree with the examiner it is driving without due care and attention.
I know some drivers think its fun to run through puddles and soak some poor bystander but it is wrong and if observed by police could be charged with careless driving.

Fluff
09-Sep-08, 18:29
trouble is, depending on the examiner she may have been damned if she did, damned if she didn't!
if she slowed down or swearved, she may have been failed that. Driving tests are hard enough. you take lots of lessons to learn to maneuver etc so to fail on something like that, gutting.

mccaugm
09-Sep-08, 18:38
trouble is, depending on the examiner she may have been damned if she did, damned if she didn't!
if she slowed down or swearved, she may have been failed that. Driving tests are hard enough. you take lots of lessons to learn to maneuver etc so to fail on something like that, gutting.

I think she should have passed. I don't think she deliberately soaked the passer-by and expecting her to exchange details is wholly ridiculous.

northener
09-Sep-08, 19:06
I think she should have passed. I don't think she deliberately soaked the passer-by and expecting her to exchange details is wholly ridiculous.

Sorry Mc, I must disagree.
One should be able to drive and show consideration towards other road users. Her actions were either inconsiderate or showed a lack of awareness and planning - both can be grounds for a serious fault.

Be honest...if it was you stood at that bus stop - how would you feel about the drivers consideration for you?

catran
09-Sep-08, 19:09
An examiner knows who can drive or not within the first few minutes. I know someone who was so nervous she reversed on the pavement and she thought "that's that I have failed with honours" but lo and behold the examiner gave her a second chance and by that time she was past the stage of caring just drove as good as she could nerves or no nerves and guess what SHE PASSED.

RST
09-Sep-08, 19:58
Totally agree with examiner. What really got me was the quote from the reporter that it would cost her an additional £200 for more lessons, if she was that good a driver then why would she need any more lessons?

Kevin Milkins
09-Sep-08, 20:17
If a child had stepped out into the road from that bus stop and she run him over, would she have felt hard done by if the examminer failed her then?.
Catran, The exact same thing happened to me on my third attempt at passing my test.
Early in the exam I was asked to reverse down hill and around a corner and I also mounted the pavement. I felt gutted and just took it for granted that I would fail. I dont even remember much about the rest of the test as I felt so fed up.:~(
At the end of the test the examinner asked did I often drive on the pavement and I just shrugged my shoulders and said "no".
He then said I am pleased to tell you have passed your driving test.:Razz
That was in 1973 and I have not drove on the pavment since.
I have splashed a few people just for fun though:lol:

Fluff
09-Sep-08, 21:13
Thing is, i have NEVER heard of having to stop to exchange details?! has anyone else?

RST, by the time you rebook another test it would probably be a couple of months do the extra lessons help you stay in focus etc.. but they don't need to be as frequent.

catran
09-Sep-08, 21:13
O Obviosly she did not have a good teacher whatever school of motoring she was with.

Long ago with the MANNIE wILLIAMSON FROM tHURSO AND Ian MATHIESON ONE ONLY NEEDED SIX LEssons'

And boyoh bohoh they past the test first time none of this malingering

TBH
09-Sep-08, 21:25
I thik she should have waited until she passed then she could soak who she liked.

Whitewater
09-Sep-08, 21:51
I thik she should have waited until she passed then she could soak who she liked.

Aha, good thinking, I have to agree with you.

jings00
09-Sep-08, 22:57
why is this even making the news??
what a lot of p eye ess aitch.

Gizmo
10-Sep-08, 09:14

What she did is an offence in the eyes of the law so the examiner was 100% correct to fail her, but why something like this is even making the news is beyond me.

arana negra
10-Sep-08, 10:29
I totally agree with the examiner, having been the person soaked to skin by a driver who did just that. My new winter coat was ruined by the oily water off the road, I had to be taken home to shower and change. I had seen it coming and went as far away from the road as possible, but still got soaked. I did noticed the licence plate and was able to track the vechicle and the driver. With date time place and car details I asked neighbours who owned the the niffty sports model with the square plates, they were happy to tell ( think they had had issues with the driver) so I knocked on the door and the daft sod answered my questions and admitted he had soaked someone hehehe his face was a picture when he realised it was me. Price of new coat and cleaning for other garments seemed to appeal rather than waking one morning to find his tyres all flat !

I would not have done that, would have taken info to police and had him charged.

Lack of due care and attention not to be driving so as to avoid hazzards on the road and at a speed where you cannot take necessary action safely.

Welcomefamily
10-Sep-08, 11:08
Fail her. This message is too short so fail her again.

router
10-Sep-08, 12:08
i once heard of someone being failed for getting a puncture,would have thought this was an ideal oppurtunity for candidate to show they could even change a wheel,but no they were failed and rest of test cancelled.

wifie
10-Sep-08, 15:18
I think the examiner was correct! Only yesterday afternoon a taxi in Perth splashed myself, my daughter and her friend. There was a van coming behind who managed not to go thru the puddle! I know that taking a driving test is a very nerve wracking thing but it is probably not the only reason she failed. I also agree that why on earth was this newsworthy was she hoping to make a stink and have the decision reversed? [disgust]

Rheghead
10-Sep-08, 17:26
Hell hath no fury etc etc

AfternoonDelight
10-Sep-08, 17:27
What a plank:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080909/video/vuk-l-driver-fails-test-for-splashing-pe-49bfa63.html

She be whingeing even more if it was her stood at the bus stop.

Plank, plank, plank...

unicorn
10-Sep-08, 17:42
I agree with failing her, last winter myself and 3 small children were soaked to the skin by a bus belting through a puddle, it is not funny [evil]