PDA

View Full Version : Videos by Glensroads

Ricco
09-Sep-08, 01:20
Just watched these - wonderful, even if they did leave me feeling a trifle siieeeuuck! Fascinating to watch and love the concept - nice goin' Glensroads! :D

silverfox57
09-Sep-08, 06:50
have just watched videos ,very good indeed,to see A9 on computer,we have come a long way .from driving on old A9 to inverness 20years ago,

brokencross
09-Sep-08, 07:22
Excellent watch and excellent road trip music to boot. Thanks.

northener
09-Sep-08, 08:19
Nice to see someone apart from me travels at a 'brisk' pace!:D

That tractor was a bit rapid........

bobandag16
09-Sep-08, 22:13
great. my first f
rom inverness to thurso was in 1960. familyfrom england. taken plently to eat and drink.after afew hours my eldest sister said its lovely can we go home we have seen plenty.sorry its a 4 hour jounery crossing the ord she said me most be on the moon.theres nothiing. except sheep the size of donkeys and sea gulls like albertross. great videos memories.

Bobinovich
09-Sep-08, 22:21
Wondered what you were talking about but found them on the Org front page! Inverness is what 110 miles? 20 minutes means they must have been travelling at 330 miles per hour - that's some going :lol:!! (LOL & STILL getting overtaken at some points...)

Kenn
09-Sep-08, 22:26
Would love to be able to do the trip in 10 minutes!
Had a chuckle about the Golspie stop!
Great fun to watch.

joxville
09-Sep-08, 22:27
Good video's, glad to see I'm not the only saddo that films their journey for you tube. :D

DeHaviLand
09-Sep-08, 23:35
Hmmm, only 2 cyclists, and no campervans. Please let me into the secret!!:lol:

Lolabelle
09-Sep-08, 23:38
I tried to watch it, and I really wanted to, but I really did start feeling travel sick. I am hopeless with things like that! :eek:

George Brims
10-Sep-08, 01:30
Sorry, I don't understand. Why dd you not stop at Capaldi's? Overweight (doesn't stop a lot of people), lactose intolerant?

Fran
10-Sep-08, 02:26
Very good videos, but it doesnt show the new road at Helmsdale. I sent it to relatives who are driving up here for the first time, it will show them what the roads are like.

northener
10-Sep-08, 08:04
Very good videos, but it doesnt show the new road at Helmsdale. ..........

You must have blinked at that point, Fran.:D The new road is definitely there.

Sunshine, no traffic to speak of, no-one stuck behind Mr 25mph for 8 miles, no looneys overtaking 20 cars on a blind bend...are we sure this is Caithness?

Rheghead
10-Sep-08, 08:47
I can think of better things to do than actually watch a video in my own time of a journey that I hate making.:)

garble
10-Sep-08, 18:40
Just had a lookie at the second vid, brought back memories of driving that journey so many times!!! Could almost feel each corner LOL :cool:

Kevin Milkins
10-Sep-08, 18:50
I can think of better things to do than actually watch a video in my own time of a journey that I hate making.:)

Yes I aggree, but watched it anyway in case I missed somthing.:confused I have never been served my chips that fast at the Trawler.:D
I also felt a bit car sick and when he turned off for Thuso I switched off.

northener
10-Sep-08, 19:29
Yes I aggree, but watched it anyway in case I missed somthing.:confused I have never been served my chips that fast at the Trawler.:D...........

mmmm...Trawler........dribble.....

DeHaviLand
10-Sep-08, 21:06
Very good videos, but it doesnt show the new road at Helmsdale. I sent it to relatives who are driving up here for the first time, it will show them what the roads are like.

It would appear to have been taken in the last 10 days,(road works signage just north of Tain) so the new road is defo there.

Sporran
11-Sep-08, 18:26
Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!! That was fuuunnn!!! :D I've just watched both videos for the first time, and enjoyed them. I would have liked a slower drive through Thurso, though! :eek:

I found this more leisurely paced one taken from a motorbike. It's just a pity it can't be viewed in higher quality.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TiZm3pvWZ0I