PDA

View Full Version : Why men don't write advice columns

Julia
08-Sep-08, 23:22
Dear Walter
I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.

I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely,
Sheila

Dear Sheila
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the jubilee clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

Walter

tigger2u
11-Sep-08, 01:15
Dear Walter
I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt.I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years.When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.

I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely,
Sheila

Dear Sheila
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the jubilee clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

Walter

Perfectly good advice from what I see:). though I wonder if she left the handbag hanging on the choke a little too long too.

wifie
11-Sep-08, 09:00
Better duck tiggs there could be a few handbags swingin yer way! [lol] Btw - how long since you have driven? Choke? :eek:

golach
11-Sep-08, 10:39
Perfectly good advice from what I see:). though I wonder if she left the handbag hanging on the choke a little too long too.
Got to agree Tigger, perfectly good advice as far as I can see, she should have more sympathy, the poor mannie lost his job, for goodness sake :roll:

tigger2u
11-Sep-08, 17:06
Better duck tiggs there could be a few handbags swingin yer way! [lol] Btw - how long since you have driven? Choke? :eek:

Need to catch me first lol

and theres still many out the without the use of autochoke and computers in their car. we just dont know what she did with that handbag and I agree with Gol, that poor guy has just lost his job, now how will the pay to fix it.

Bobinovich
11-Sep-08, 20:48
LOL reminded me about this video (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2OakMoW_c) about what not to say to your wife!

Welcomefamily
11-Sep-08, 23:13
Someone should be giving Sheila some help to see where she has failed in the marriage and pressurised her poor mannie to take such steps, it must be a cry for help. As for that neighbour lady, she has taken advantage of the poor man.