PDA

View Full Version : Glitter must be made to pay.

angela5
03-Jan-06, 13:15
HOW many children have to be harmed by the disgusting behaviour of perv glitter?
i find the fact that he paid off these two young girls disgusting. But what is worse is that he can now avoid what he deserves - death. This man obvisously does'nt care who he harms and hurts to get what he wants so why should he be allowed to continue?

angela5
03-Jan-06, 14:26
It is sickening that twisted pervert Gary Glitter has the gall to give a cash pay-off to the families of the kids he molested. He will be back on the streets within months, what message does this send to other paedophiles.
What are the Vietnamese thinking of? Do they think there will be some diplomatic crisis if they execute him? this pervert does not deserve preferential treatment.

EDDIE
03-Jan-06, 14:46
The part were he paid the family i dont find that disgusting what i find discusting and disturbing is the parents of the kids accepted the payment.
I dont think a paedophile in general will ever reahilbilate and not do that type of crime again because there is something wrong with there brain and its just really a question of time before the do it again thats why for me they should be removed from society all together in order to protect other people

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 15:02
The part were he paid the family i dont find that disgusting what i find discusting and disturbing is the parents of the kids accepted the payment.
I dont think a paedophile in general will ever reahilbilate and not do that type of crime again because there is something wrong with there brain and its just really a question of time before the do it again thats why for me they should be removed from society all together in order to protect other peopleI totally agree with Eddie, the fact that these parents accepted payment is really disturbing. They are not fit to be parents and should also be prosecuted.
As for the paedophiles, there is no rehabilitation for them. Paedophilia is a sexuality and this would be like trying to "cure" someone who is heterosexual or gay. As Eddie says they should be removed from society all together.

pedromcgrory
03-Jan-06, 16:34
corrupt goverment over there ,wonder how many he was paying off but he is to be arressted as soon as his feet touch off the plane in 3 weeks ,people like him should be hung not the usual way either, and left to die .

angela5
03-Jan-06, 17:20
I find the part of paying the family disgusting as well as the parents accepting the money.

Drutt
03-Jan-06, 17:29
I don't think it's fair to judge the parents like this. Do any of us know the circumstances under which they live? How far below the poverty line they might be living? It's easy for any of us in our cosy homes with well-fed bellies to condemn parents who'd take money in return for pleading that the judicial system go easy on a paedophile.

On the other hand, I think that the Vietnamese government should not allow payments like these, particularly not payments used in exchange for letters asking for a lesser charge. It gives the wrong message about the value it places on its children versus the value of Western men's liberties.

landmarker
03-Jan-06, 17:30
Before I criticise them I'd like to walk a mile in their shoes, if they have any.

Vietnamese culture is extremely protective of its children & rightly so.

I dont know the circumstances this family were in. On the face of it you are absolutley right. Such an action in our society would be reprehensible and unthinkable. They may live in desperate poverty, on a scale unimaginable here. Maybe they thought at least some good may have come from their childs ordeal.

Glitter/Gadd is totally beyond the pail. He can not be trusted and although I'm not convinced about the death penalty I would not lose any sleep if he were taken out and shot. Rehabilitation of paedophiles is doubtful, at best. They need to be removed from society on a permanent basis.

jings00
03-Jan-06, 18:12
Yip, shoot him. Even if he were to get so many years in jail, when he was released he has served his sentence but the bairns he has abused have to live with it forever, as does their families.
I mind seein a programme, mb a series, on the telly not that long ago, where by the sex offender had a dedicated police group keepin an eye on them, to cut down their risk of reoffending. Money could be put to better use elsewhere.

katarina
03-Jan-06, 18:19
How about castration? If the sexual urge was removed, then surely that would solve the problem? I say this because disgusting though it is, it is an orientation, a sick orientation, part and parcel of the person.
Since we don't have the death penalty, and it is expensive for the tax payer to keep them in prison, and the only danger they may represent is to children, then maybe that would be the answer? Of course I would only ask this for those that love children (in the wrong sense of the word) - for those who would kill a child - that is a very different story.

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 18:22
How about castration? If the sexual urge was removed, then surely that would solve the problem? I say this because disgusting though it is, it is an orientation, a sick orientation, part and parcel of the person.
Since we don't have the death penalty, and it is expensive for the tax payer to keep them in prison, and the only danger they may represent is to children, then maybe that would be the answer? Of course I would only ask this for those that love children (in the wrong sense of the word) - for those who would kill a child - that is a very different story.What do you mean by "Those that love children?". PLease tell me I have read that wrong!!
And as for "The ONLY danger they MAY represent is to children" need I say more?

jings00
03-Jan-06, 18:22
castrate them aye, but WHAT IF... what if they then decided that it is the bairn's fault they got castrated, as i am sure they blame others for their sickness anyways, and then decide seein as they cannot abuse them one way they will do it another way, or kill in their frustration? who knows how it works in their heads.

katarina
03-Jan-06, 18:35
Then that's a different senario. Some people are capable of taking a life, others are not. Often criminals are released back into the society although a psycologist has pronounced them 'dangerous' just because they have not yet committed a sever enough crime to warrent locking them up and throwing away the key.
All this needs revising.

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 18:38
Then that's a different senario. Some people are capable of taking a life, others are not. Often criminals are released back into the society although a psycologist has pronounced them 'dangerous' just because they have not yet committed a sever enough crime to warrent locking them up and throwing away the key.
All this needs revising.So we just wait and see then do we?

katarina
03-Jan-06, 18:43
What do you mean by "Those that love children?". PLease tell me I have read that wrong!!
And as for "The ONLY danger they MAY represent is to children" need I say more?

I have understood, by articles that I have read and TV documentaries I have watched, that many pedeophiles actually fall in love with their victims and would not harm them. THEY do not see sexual abuse as Harm!
My suggestion might not be an answer, but I believe they do it chemically in Norway, with positive results in a lot of cases. They are no danger in any other way, and once the sexual urge is removed they can live in society harmlessly. Just repeating things I've read!

p.s. Personally - I'd cut the nuts off while the perv is conscious - but don't tell anyone I said that!

katarina
03-Jan-06, 18:45
So we just wait and see then do we?

Don't misunderstand me - You seem to think I'm condoning this - far from it - but 'waiting to see,' is what IS happening. I'm saying it's wrong - or did I put it badly?
What I mean is that the law should pay more attention to the psychiatrist reports and act accordingly.
Someone who is concidered a danger should not be released. Lots of pediaphiles get out of prison early because of good behaviour. Of course their behaviour is good inside - there are no kids there! If you are going to set them free anyway, they are less of a threat if they are castrated. Have I put it right this time?

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 18:46
I have understood, by articles that I have read and TV documentaries I have watched, that many pedeophiles actually fall in love with their victims and would not harm them. THEY do not see sexual abuse as Harm!
My suggestion might not be an answer, but I believe they do it chemically in Norway, with positive results in a lot of cases. They are no danger in any other way, and once the sexual urge is removed they can live in society harmlessly. Just repeating things I've read!

p.s. Personally - I'd cut the nuts off while the perv is conscious - but don't tell anyone I said that!To be honest Katrina..I am so wound up by your response(the smoke is bellowing from my ears)...I feel I cannot go into any discusion about this with you at the moment..........

katarina
03-Jan-06, 18:53
Oh dear, I do seem to have put it badly! I think you've misunderstood me completely Connie.

AR
03-Jan-06, 18:54

If you were to castrate them weidos, would that make a few of them discruntled, and out for revenge on those who did that to them( in their twisted mind)?
Just hang/shoot/inject them, and its game over, and doesnt cost much. Rapists and most murderers should have the same demise.

katarina
03-Jan-06, 19:01
I do agree - but that's not going to happen is it? They won't castrate them because that will take away their 'human rights'
And even if they are afraid of the law in this country, there's nothing to stop them going overseas.

landmarker
03-Jan-06, 20:20
Castration , chemical or otherwise is not the answer.
For many of these offenders the crime is about power, as much as sexual satisfaction. Without being too graphic there are other ways to invade a victims body and inflict themselves upon an innocent. This is complex psycho-sexual and moral malfunctioning here and whether they claim to 'love' their victims or not is totally irrelevant.The use of that word in this context is unjustifiable in my opinion.

They can ruin little lives for the sake of their own peverted lust and must be severely dealt with. A society can be judged by the way it protects its most vulnerable members. There are none more vculnerable than defenceless children.