PDA

View Full Version : Back to work

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 01:19
When is every-one back to work after the Christmas holidays? I don't go back until next Monday. I rekon by then I'll have put on about a stone in weight with all this lazing about. I seem to have done nothing except eat, drink, and sleep, eat, drink and more sleep. Is every-one else the same or have you done something more constructive with your time off?

angela5
03-Jan-06, 02:33
Back on Wednesday grrrrr! and i feel like a beached whale, eat,drink,sleep it's no good for you, canna wait to get this few extra lumps and bumps off.
Ah well glad it's only once a year.

Jeid
03-Jan-06, 10:25
I'm back to work today. I feel fine. I ate, only had a few drinks and slept as normal. Yey for self respect :P

gleeber
03-Jan-06, 11:13
Im off till next Monday. The holidays have been great. It disna metter who claims them for God or country its great for the human race.

golach
03-Jan-06, 11:26
I am off work for the foreseeable future :D its hard being a trainee Senior Citizen, nobody can tell me how long the apprenticship is, coz I'm always learning :rolleyes:

connieb19
03-Jan-06, 12:52
I'm back to work today. I feel fine. I ate, only had a few drinks and slept as normal. Yey for self respect :PI would hardly go as far as to say, that any-one who overindulged a wee bit over Christmas is lacking in self respect. Now if you were to say lack of willpower.....then I am guilty!!

Saveman
03-Jan-06, 13:53
Back to work on Thursday.
Anyone got hols planned for 2006? Off somewhere hot and sunny or just Inversnaky for the weekend? ;)

unicorn
03-Jan-06, 13:55
Turkey in May and looking for good flight prices for October.

DrSzin
03-Jan-06, 15:32
Turkey in May and looking for good flight prices for October.Gosh unicorn, Christmas is only just over and you are already planning for more turkey in May? ;)

I'm at work today. It's great, there's almost no-one around and I'm getting a lot done. :)

MsMe
03-Jan-06, 15:43
Hi Unicorn,

I went to Turkey in October and it was lovely, it was really hot too! Actually went to Greece but did a day trip to Turkey for the market!

Im going to Budapest at the end of February and hopefully somewhere hot in August too - maybe back to Greece!!

unicorn
03-Jan-06, 16:30
I aim for Turkey twice a year if I can. I work for my holidays lol. Stay in all year and then have 4 weeks in the sun with terrific Turkish friends and my family its brilliant.

wicker
03-Jan-06, 17:12
Where bouts in turkey do you go? I was in marmaris a few year ago and it was lovely. Very nice people and food was lovely and cheap aswell, would love to go back but turkey doesnt seem to appeal to any of my friends that want to go on holiday

landmarker
03-Jan-06, 17:22
Icemeler and Datca are also smashin', or they were in 1997 !
Turkey reminded me a lot of parts of Scotland, with more sun and heat.

Anyway to get back on thread I went back to work today after twelve days off.. Two loads of auld cardboard to the paper mill (8 miles away) done and dusted for 2pm. As treadmills go it's not so bad. Good new sis we';ve still got some Xmas / NY booze left, so I'm on 'Lancaster Bomber' bitter at this disgraceful hour.

Sporran
04-Jan-06, 07:18
I was back at work on Monday. The only extra time I got off work over the festive season was Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

angela5
05-Jan-06, 00:55
Well first day back at work over, glad to be back and now christmas and new year is behind us once again, took my tree down this evening does'nt it feel kind of bare without it.

abalone
05-Jan-06, 06:00
I'm in the same position as Golach,I now find I don't have time to go to work.
In fact I need a break and my holiday this year is a cruise on the Nile.Oh how lovely it is to be a senior citizen! http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

spiggie
05-Jan-06, 17:28
back on Monday too, looking 4ward to it as im sick of lazing around. Im hoping to go to Paris in July :) has anybody been there?