PDA

View Full Version : TUC Rumblings

brokencross
08-Sep-08, 07:15
It is the political conference season coming up again and already the TUC are sabre rattling and flexing their muscles.
They are not too chuffed about the "freeze" on public sector wage rises which are running below inflation which is effectively a pay cut.
There is talk of industrial action on lots of fronts. I agree that the pay freeze is unreasonable especially with the ever increasing utility and energy charges but is strike action really the answer considering the worldwide financial problems? Would it be the death nell for the Government?
The TUC are also trying to telling Brown and Co. what to do i.e. to increase taxes on the rich, a windfall tax the energy and oil companies plus more iniatives.
Is this the "old" TUC returning, the TUC who used to have a great say in Labour policy OR is it purely political rhetoric?

teenybash
08-Sep-08, 23:45
I think the Tuc is trying to test the fragment of muscle Brown has left in order to gain a greater say again. Trouble is, if Brown continues to weaken and fall in the polls , the talk is that the only suitable person to take his place is.....................Tony Blair. :eek:

nightspirit
10-Sep-08, 21:55
Try living with this 2.5 over 3 years and see how much fun it is with a wee kiddie not a great pay rate as it is etc and see how you get on with loosing 2% of your income. I hate the idea of strikes as it costs me over £50 a time but there has been no movment with other options give me one thing that will get the point accross to them as effectivly - we go to work to get payed to feed and house our families it is a contract where both sides agree there has to be steps on either side can take when normal procedures fail or one will just walk over the other... so pleas before you condem try giving usefull and realistic options other than to strike when work to rule and overtime bans have already failed !!!