PDA

View Full Version : New Wick Shop?

Fran
08-Sep-08, 02:32
Tonight i noticed work is being done inside the former 99p shop, which was the former more Store in wick, and a large white van parked outside.
Does anyone know what it is going to be? I was wondering if this is to be the new Dorothy Jacks from Keith clothes shop.

nicnic74
08-Sep-08, 07:28
Did hear that it's gonna be a cafe or restaurant

telfordstar
08-Sep-08, 11:00
Is it actually fit to be used as a shop. Maybe someones just using it for storage.

COACHMAN
08-Sep-08, 15:49
Tonight i noticed work is being done inside the former 99p shop, which was the former more Store in wick, and a large white van parked outside.
Does anyone know what it is going to be? I was wondering if this is to be the new Dorothy Jacks from Keith clothes shop.

Jacks of Keith are NOT opening in Wick infact they are Closing there shop in Keith and the owners are Retiring

Venture
08-Sep-08, 16:02
.....another charity shop perhaps.:D

Torvaig
08-Sep-08, 17:26
Venture, you are wicked........ but I like it! :lol:

hotrod4
08-Sep-08, 17:43
.....another charity shop perhaps.:D

Or another takeaway. Thats one good thing about Wick you can clog your arteries,put on weight but still buy cheap clothes to fit you, and if it all goes pear shaped the Hospital is just up the road. Town planners-Genius ;)

nicnak
08-Sep-08, 18:42
It is going to be a restaurant and takeaway

dirdyweeker
08-Sep-08, 18:48
Or another takeaway. Thats one good thing about Wick you can clog your arteries,put on weight but still buy cheap clothes to fit you, and if it all goes pear shaped the Hospital is just up the road. Town planners-Genius ;)

but.........if you put on too much weight, the swimming pool and gym are not too far away!:D

Alice in Blunderland
08-Sep-08, 19:15
but.........if you put on too much weight, the swimming pool and gym are not too far away!:D

Yes the pool and gym are there but pick your time carefully as you might not be able to get in :roll:

Venture
08-Sep-08, 20:30
Yes the pool and gym are there but pick your time carefully as you might not be able to get in :roll:

Stick on a school uniform Alice, you'll get in 90% of the time then.;)

Fran
09-Sep-08, 02:13
It is going to be a restaurant and takeaway

I thought the takeaway or pzza place was going into the old ironmongery shop in /bridge street,

router
09-Sep-08, 09:04
Stick on a school uniform Alice, you'll get in 90% of the time then.;)
don't be giving the weirdos ideas!

Venture
09-Sep-08, 09:21
don't be giving the weirdos ideas!

What a ridiculous reply. I'd say 99% of orgers would know where I was coming from with the post. If anyone is giving the "weirdos" any ideas, its yourself.[disgust]

router
09-Sep-08, 10:13
What a ridiculous reply. I'd say 99% of orgers would know where I was coming from with the post. If anyone is giving the "weirdos" any ideas, its yourself.[disgust]

it was a joke,have a brew and chill out ;)

telfordstar
09-Sep-08, 10:49
Coachman, you are wrong again. Their 2 shops are doing very well in Keith and are not closing. I was speaking to dorothy jack in her new and very successful shop in Peterhead, and she told me she is in the process of buying a shop in wick. The old more store would be the size she wants. anyway, she is too young to retire and business is too godd for her to retire if she was older.
Jacks of Keith is opening in wick as i got it from "the horses mouth" as they say!!!

Maybe this sounds like a kindo stupid question but what kind of shop is Jacks of Keith?

Venture
09-Sep-08, 10:53
it was a joke,have a brew and chill out ;)

If you want people to take what you post as a joke, try using a laughing smilie [lol] instead of an exclamation mark. Saves confusion.:confused

router
09-Sep-08, 10:56
If you want people to take what you post as a joke, try using a laughing smilie [lol] instead of an exclamation mark. Saves confusion.:confused

easily confused and no sense of humour:roll:

Venture
09-Sep-08, 10:59
Maybe this sounds like a kindo stupid question but what kind of shop is Jacks of Keith?

It's mostly ladies fashion. They used to have sales in the Mercury/Norseman.

Venture
09-Sep-08, 11:05

I have a great sense of humour when need be. I'm sorry to say you seem to be the one confused :confused.......about punctuation........full-stop.

Sapphire2803
09-Sep-08, 11:20

Now who needs a chill out and a brew? ;)

I have to agree though, your original post did look like you were having a go at Venture. :)

*Smileys added to negate need for flak jacket*

hotrod4
09-Sep-08, 11:27
I thought the takeaway or pzza place was going into the old ironmongery shop in /bridge street,

The ironmongery shop WAS a 99p shop as well, I think that is why there is confusion. Personally I will just wait and see what goes in any of those places as we all know what the rumour mill is like ;) By the end of this week it will be a Harrods!! :)

hotrod4
09-Sep-08, 11:29
Now who needs a chill out and a brew? ;)

I have to agree though, your original post did look like you were having a go at Venture. :)

*Smileys added to negate need for flak jacket*

I am confused,have no sense of humour,need to chill out and have a brew with a smile while wearing a flak jacket, now wheres my tea(Milk 2 sugars ;))

Sapphire2803
09-Sep-08, 11:32
I am confused,have no sense of humour,need to chill out and have a brew with a smile while wearing a flak jacket, now wheres my tea(Milk 2 sugars ;))

You just need to beat your spacebar a bit harder. :lol:
Oh go on, I'll make you a brew, but you'll need to bring your own sugar. :D

hotrod4
09-Sep-08, 12:01
You just need to beat your spacebar a bit harder. :lol:
Oh go on, I'll make you a brew, but you'll need to bring your own sugar. :D

Would it be Taking it too far if I ask for a choccy hob nob as well???? ;)

telfordstar
09-Sep-08, 12:11
It's mostly ladies fashion. They used to have sales in the Mercury/Norseman.

Thanks venture.

Glad to see another thread going way way way of topic again good old org. :lol:

Tighsonas4
09-Sep-08, 12:51
if its rs waters old shop in bridge st it has been taken by a local
FACT will see what it is when it opens [lol] and a smiley for good measure tony

COACHMAN
09-Sep-08, 14:41
Coachman, you are wrong again. Their 2 shops are doing very well in Keith and are not closing. I was speaking to dorothy jack in her new and very successful shop in Peterhead, and she told me she is in the process of buying a shop in wick. The old more store would be the size she wants. anyway, she is too young to retire and business is too godd for her to retire if she was older.
Jacks of Keith is opening in wick as i got it from "the horses mouth" as they say!!!

JACKS of KEITH are in fact Closing But Dorothy Jack Quaility CLASSICS Lady Wear is still trading in Keith ,Peterhead,and Stonehaven.
Jacks of Keith are a differant Business
They are NOT opening in Caithness but do hope to be up here with there Roadshow Next Year.
At No Time have they looked at a Shop in Wick so the Story first posted here is Untrue.
The old More Store in High Street needs a lot of work done to it before anyone trades from it again.

telfordstar
09-Sep-08, 14:46
Caladonian Resturant, Bride street, wick

Open Soon. :D

telfordstar
09-Sep-08, 14:48
JACKS of KEITH are in fact Closing But Dorothy Jack Quaility CLASSICS Lady Wear is still trading in Keith ,Peterhead,and Stonehaven.
They are NOT opening in Caithness but do hope to be up here with there Roadshow Next Year.
At No Time have they looked at a Shop in Wick so the Story first posted here is Untrue.
The old More Store in High Street needs a lot of work done to it before anyone trades from it again.

Is this fact or fiction?

COACHMAN
09-Sep-08, 14:53
Is this fact or fiction?

FACT sent a Pm if you want a Number to Check it

telfordstar
09-Sep-08, 14:57
FACT sent a Pm if you want a Number to Check it

No no coachman its fine I will take your word on it. Plus got better things to do than call up a shop or shop owner and be nosey.

Tighsonas4
09-Sep-08, 17:09
Caladonian Resturant, Bride street, wick

Open Soon. :D
never knew she had given it a name and it could be more than just a resturant. not so sure about the soon bit [lol] tony

trix
09-Sep-08, 18:19

so if jacks o' keith are a shop in keith, is 'e shop called jacks o' peterheid in peterheid.....an jacks o' stonehaven in stonehaven?? :confused

northener
09-Sep-08, 18:22
........ By the end of this week it will be a Harrods!! :)

We're getting Harrods in Wick?

Brilliant!

joxville
09-Sep-08, 18:47

Brilliant!

Ye olde rumoure gathers pace. :)

Sporran
09-Sep-08, 19:07

Brilliant!

Ye olde rumoure gathers pace. :)

Sporran assuming a strong Irish accent:

"An' to be sure, ah Harrod's true!" ;)

Skerries
09-Sep-08, 19:11

I picked my time carefully last week, I arranged a babysitter, I paid for petrol and I paid to swim during "public swimming" and guess what? I had to leave the pool because a class of about 10 kids came in. I tried swimming down one side but one of the teachers started throwing rubber rings in my path. I was raging! [mad]

Julia
09-Sep-08, 19:23
How about another Bookies? Could really do with a third on the main drag [lol]

northener
09-Sep-08, 19:28
How about another Bookies? Could really do with a third on the main drag [lol]

Put it next door to Harrods...then you'll have somewhere to squander your winnings.:)

balto
09-Sep-08, 20:30
reallt think wick could do with a charity shop lol, you dont seem to have many[lol][lol] no seriously we could do with a decent childs clothes shop in caithness.

telfordstar
09-Sep-08, 20:49
reallt think wick could do with a charity shop lol, you dont seem to have many[lol][lol] no seriously we could do with a decent childs clothes shop in caithness.

Yes Balto im with you on that dont think theres a decent kids clothes shop up here (not including tescos).

balto
09-Sep-08, 20:52
Yes Balto im with you on that dont think theres a decent kids clothes shop up here (not including tescos).
forget about tesco to be honest, think it is because we dont have the clothes in thurso.

Venture
09-Sep-08, 22:48
I think half the folk in Caithness must have curry or sweet and sour running through their veins by now. What we need up here is a decent Italian restaurant. Oh for some decent fresh cooked pasta and pizza.:Razz

Venture
09-Sep-08, 22:53
Put it next door to Harrods...then you'll have somewhere to squander your winnings.:)

I'm loving the avatar Northerner. You might be able to buy a gold one if Harrods open in Wick.:lol:

Gizmo
10-Sep-08, 09:25
I heard it's going to be a new wind farm :p

Kevin Milkins
10-Sep-08, 10:57
Were's Big A When you need him?:confused

Torvaig
10-Sep-08, 12:25
I am sorry to say you are all wrong; it is going to be a support centre for those poor unfortunate people who suffer from various syndromes which originate with a condition which manifests itself in childhood called "mine is bigger."

E.g - "My dad is bigger than your dad; my dad's got a bigger car than your dad". This then leads to the "I was the first to know" syndrome which lurks in people's conversations in coffee shops, street corners, telephone calls and on forums such as Caithness.org. This in turn can lead to the deadly "cannot wait for the truth to emerge about things that are none of my business" syndrome which is the ultimate condition which leads to much googling, surmising, and is typical of people with an enormous capacity for imagination.

In this centre, these people are encouraged to become writers, journalists, poets etc., to try and purge their systems of the need to make up stories which they end up thinking is the truth and has to be conveyed to others of that ilk.

It is a long, long process which requires a lot of stamina and most of all, a sense of humour! ;)

PS. The author of this piece reserves the right to publish said piece without fear of retribution, angry protests and being called to order!

telfordstar
10-Sep-08, 13:35
I am sorry to say you are all wrong; it is going to be a support centre for those poor unfortunate people who suffer from various syndromes which originate with a condition which manifests itself in childhood called "mine is bigger."

E.g - "My dad is bigger than your dad; my dad's got a bigger car than your dad". This then leads to the "I was the first to know" syndrome which lurks in people's conversations in coffee shops, street corners, telephone calls and on forums such as Caithness.org. This in turn can lead to the deadly "cannot wait for the truth to emerge about things that are none of my business" syndrome which is the ultimate condition which leads to much googling, surmising, and is typical of people with an enormous capacity for imagination.

In this centre, these people are encouraged to become writers, journalists, poets etc., to try and purge their systems of the need to make up stories which they end up thinking is the truth and has to be conveyed to others of that ilk.

It is a long, long process which requires a lot of stamina and most of all, a sense of humour! ;)

PS. The author of this piece reserves the right to publish said piece without fear of retribution, angry protests and being called to order!

Brilliant. :D

telfordstar
10-Sep-08, 14:48
Were's Big A When you need him?:confused

Oh never fear kevin im sure Big A and coachman are having a good yarn about it all.:lol:

COACHMAN
10-Sep-08, 15:06
As I said, Dorothy told me in person she is having a shop in Wick and her van is broken so she has not been to the assembly rooms where the sales are usually held. dorothy took over the family business a long time ago, and all the shops are called Dorothy jacks. she has started planning application and has a shop in mind. surely she wouldnt be telling me a pack of lies!! I do NOT tell untrue stories.

You are so WRONG with your INFO .All the shops are not called Dorothy Jacks.
There are Two Differant Companies Jacks of Keith and Dorothy Jack Ladies WEAR.
There are NO Planning Applications for this Building you state is going to be a Shop Pending with The Council as of todays, date perhaps as you know the ins and outs you will be able to tell us which Council.

Fran
10-Sep-08, 18:18
There are NO Planning Applications for this Building you state is going to be a Shop Pending with The Council as of todays, date perhaps as you know the ins and outs you will be able to tell us which Council.

I have never said there is planning application for this shop, i know nothing about this shop or anything about other empty shops in wick, but i did notice men in it and a large white van, and that is why my post asked if anyone knew what it was going to be? If I knew I wouldn't have asked.

joxville
10-Sep-08, 18:29
Have you ever wished you kept your thoughts to yourself? [lol]

northener
10-Sep-08, 19:32

I have just received this transmission from Earth..I hope you don't mean me, Torvaig......

But book me in anyway - I'll be back soon.

silverfox57
10-Sep-08, 19:37
I have just received this transmission from Earth..I hope you don't mean me, Torvaig......

northener stay up there,we well tell you when it is safe return.:lol:

teenybash
10-Sep-08, 19:39

What's it like up there....dark I'll bet....[lol]

northener
10-Sep-08, 19:41
northener stay up there,we well tell you when it is safe return.:lol:

No chance, wouldn't trust an .Orger as far as I can throw my PC.:Razz

I can see your house from up here.......

Moira
10-Sep-08, 20:10
I am sorry to say you are all wrong; ..........

E.g - "My dad is bigger than your dad; my dad's got a bigger car than your dad"...........

Don't be sorry Torvaig.
My Dad wasn't very tall, so unless your Dad was the guy who played the butler/waiter/manipulator on Fantasy Island - you win :D

My Dad drove an A40 and a Wolseley but I guess you can better that?

I have some stamina in reserve so where do I sign up to be a tutor? My sense of humour never lets me down. :lol:

telfordstar
10-Sep-08, 21:04

Maybe we shuld just wait until we see a sign go p then we will know for definate whats going where.

superted
10-Sep-08, 21:28

OMG.....chill its only a new shop:lol:

northener
10-Sep-08, 21:43

If the building was already a retail outlet (shop), then it wouldn't need planning permission as there is no change of use.

Torvaig
10-Sep-08, 23:00

Northerner, what do you mean "I'll be back soon"? [lol][lol]

Torvaig
10-Sep-08, 23:08
Don't be sorry Torvaig.
My Dad wasn't very tall, so unless your Dad was the guy who played the butler/waiter/manipulator on Fantasy Island - you win :D

My Dad drove an A40 and a Wolseley but I guess you can better that?
Well......I'm not sure what he drove in the RAF....but I do know that when they were courting he took Mother to the dances on the bar of his pushbike!:lol:

I have some stamina in reserve so where do I sign up to be a tutor? My sense of humour never lets me down.

Oh great, my first tutor! And before anyone gets smart, yes I did go to school...well, for a wee whiley anyway ;)